Air Asia Tickets In Person?

Hello all,

I'm sorry to ask something relatively trivial in times like these, but desperate times...

Does anyone know where one can buy Air Asia tickets in person on Samui? I'm trying hard to help bring Bangkok Airways' fares to Bangkok down. I know, it won't help, but I'll feel better, and I have ideas for the money I'll save.

I can't use my credit card on the Air Asia site for some reason, though I can everywhere else. They can charge low fares by having a weak website and nobody to answer e-mail questions.

It's been fun asking travel agents about this, and they give me puzzled looks and say, "Why don't you fly Bangkok Airways?"

Thanks, and I hope that everyone is safe and sound.

I didn't know Air Asia flew out of Samui? This January I was going to book Air Asia out of Surat Thani, by the time I added in the weight of the luggage and all the extra's it was only a few dollars more to fly with Thai Airways. I know that doesn't answer your question but just saying :rolleyes:

I didn't know Air Asia flew out of Samui? This January I was going to book Air Asia out of Surat Thani, by the time I added in the weight of the luggage and all the extra's it was only a few dollars more to fly with Thai Airways.

They fly out of Surat Thani. Even with the boat ticket and add-ons, it's about 2000 baht cheaper. That's significant in my book. Times are tough.

9 of us chaps have booked a return trip to Pnomn Phen (a boys beano) from Surat thani via BKK, the whole journey for the 4 flights was under 4000 baht

my pal booked us all on with luggage, used their web site and had no problems, he paid with CC and we gave him the cash.

we will make our way to suratthani in our own motors so the saving is excellent, if we was to do the same again only half would book

luggage on and save a few extra baht.

air asias web site IS easy to use.

Edited by badwig

Travel agents won't book Air Asia.

Wrong. There are travel agents that will book Air Asia, however since they essentially just use the website they dont get any baked-in commission (although they must do something to prevent showing their CC at airport) - maybe there is an agent login, they charge 400baht (it might of been 300 baht) per leg booking fee - which i think is reasonable. Heading out of Chaweng past Springer pub, there is a popular travel agent on left hand side (about 100metres down from the FamilyMart traffic lights) that have loads of flight company stickers in the window and about 10 staff. They will sell you Air Asia and Nok Air, also full range of train tickets etc..

Edited by devdrinker

Question of the TS is indeed interesting as not everybody here has a CC.

When I have asked about AirAsia ticket on Samui the answer was "Go look internet".

It would be nice to know some travel agents here that can do the booking for a reasonable fee.

send me you phone number in pm and let's meet so i'll book your flight with my CC.

If you book by credit card, doesn't the card holder have to present the card on check in and be on the flight?

Edited by yorkie100

Thanks for your input everyone. I broke down and bought a Bangkok Airways ticket. The fare came down, for a flight next week to Bangkok, to 3880 baht.

I tried to do my part to bring their fares down to a reasonable level, but I'm not that strong.

Edited by dukeandduke

send me you phone number in pm and let's meet so i'll book your flight with my CC.

If you book by credit card, doesn't the card holder have to present the card on check in and be on the flight?

fortunately no, only bkk air has this requirement, i booked a lot of flights for friends using my CC and airasia or nokair.

air asias web site IS easy to use.

Thanks, but it's not easy for Americans to use when it says, "Select a state" and you have no choices.

I book AirAsia with UK address and card, no probs. :)

The last time ( in March) I bought a ticket on Air Asia website, it took me about 5 hours!

My three creditcards were declined several times, but as I am a stubborn person and know that there are no problems with my cards, I insisted. And at the end it worked.

The Air Asia website is not an easy site to use : I usually have to try 4 or 5 times just to connect.....after that, it looses the connection all the time and gives odd error messages that go from simply losing the connection, to saying that my name is not valid......and you can imagine a lot of others "errors" between.

I am registred on their website but most of the time end up buying as a non-registred person.....cause I cannot sign in......

So, if you want to book on their site, you have to go on and on trying....and if you insist long enough it works! I have had problems buying tickets with them a lot of times, it is just a question of being very, very, patient, stay calm, and be very stubborn.........

Their phonenumber in Bangkok also has a problem. It is an automated answering machine and when you click "nine" for english, it goes on in thai.....(ok, this happens a lot in Thailand, but they have it too). I sent them a mail about all the problems I encountered....and maybe now it is working better.....;-))))))))

Good luck!