Briton Critical After Gun Attack

george

Briton critical after gun attack

gary.jpg

Shot: Mr. Gary Pearmain, resident of Koh Samui

KOH SAMUI: -- A British man and his Thai girlfriend have been seriously injured in a gun attack on a popular Thai resort island, apparently because of a land deal dispute.

A gunman entered the victims' house on Thursday night and pretended to ask the woman for directions. When the Briton came downstairs, the attacker fired on them, said police Lt Col Somphong Krutsuwan.

The Briton, who has been living on the island of Koh Samui for more than a decade, was shot twice in the chest and once in the arm. His girlfriend was shot in the leg and arm.

"The British man is in critical condition, but his girlfriend is still able to speak," Somphong said.

Police did not have the victims' names. An initial investigation showed that the motive was a business dispute.

"The victim has a conflict with fellow foreigners over the land brokerage deals on Koh Samui," Somphong said.

Koh Samui, located 330 miles south of Bangkok, is one of Thailand's most popular tourist destinations.

--The Press Association 2005-09-23

Edited by george

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

met him a few times , very busy busy busy with land on samui.

hope he recovers too.

on another post it said he was killed.

all in all its very bad news .

was the dispute with another farang , or with locals?

happens to thais there too who wont sell their land.

met him a few times ,  very busy busy busy with land on samui.

hope he recovers too.

on another post it said he was killed.

all in all its very bad news .

was the dispute with another farang , or with locals?

happens to thais there too who wont sell their land.

"The victim has a conflict with fellow foreigners over the land brokerage deals on Koh Samui," Somphong said.

It's really sad when foreigners start using Thai violent tatics against fellow foreigners (or anybody for that fact).

Probably paid the gunman 1,000 baht to shoot them both. Makes me sick.

I mean we have enough to worry about over here, and now we have to worry about desputes being settled the Thai mafia way?

*heavy sigh*

Edited by wormdrive

Gary was in his house in Thong Krut not Menam.

He hasn't worked for Coconut Land & House for some time!!!!!!! ??

Anybody that knows Gary or the Samui property market will know who is behind this cowardly attack.

I hope the gods are with him and his girlfriend.

He's a good guy.

It's really sad when foreigners start using Thai violent tatics against fellow foreigners  (or anybody for that fact).

Probably paid the gunman 1,000 baht to shoot them both. Makes me sick.

I mean we have enough to worry about over here, and now we have to worry about desputes being settled the Thai mafia way?

*heavy sigh*

Gee I think you must be living in the past 1,000 baht wouldn't buy a strong word in todays Thailand. If there is a dispute between falangs I'd be looking at the Russian element. :o

I pray that he and his girlfriend pull through this, and are able (ultimately) to put it all into the past.

It is a very small point, compared to violence, but the Thai police officer has been more careful with his words than the Associated Press reporter and editor.

As the police officer says, the victim is a British man. "Briton" is only correct if the press employees are sure that the victim is of celtic extraction, and there is no sign that they have researched that. (No point in doing so, of course; but if they have not done they should use an appropriate description that applies to all holders of UK passports.) The use of "Briton" in circumstances like this is sloppy----though more and more prevalent over the years.

"Briton" is only correct if the press employees are sure that the victim is of celtic extraction.... The use of "Briton" in circumstances like this is sloppy----though more and more prevalent over the years.

If you want to be really pedantic the term 'Briton' should only be applied to a speaker of a Brythonic language - i.e. Welsh, Cornish or Breton. But this is entering into the realms of ethnicity and politics and not really relevant to this thread. Hope the guy pulls through.

Edited by Jaime

The Briton, who has been living on the island of Koh Samui for more than a decade, was shot twice in the chest and once in the arm. His girlfriend was shot in the leg and arm.

"The British man is in critical condition, but his girlfriend is still able to speak," Somphong said.

I suspect that more people are worried about the British guy because he was far more seriously injured than the girl. Being shot in the arm and leg is not good but not nearly as dangerous as being shot in the chest twice.

I hope the man who knows " a shooter in Lamai " reports him to the police before somebody else gets hurt !

I understand that Gary and his girlfriend are OK . But at the momment nobody can get access so this is only heard through a reliable source .

The long term residents on Samui know the suspect behind this - and I hope everyone makes their views known to the Police .

I think that Coconut Land and House should issue a statement considering the recent court case and that most of Gary's recent years have been in Norbert's employ .

Any Views !

I met this guy Pearmain whilst buying a motorbike from the honda shop in Meanam 4 years ago, the amount of abuse he gave the staff because his papers hadn't arrived for his car I'm surprised he wasn't shot sooner, especially with the Samui locals being like they are.

Saying that though, I hope he pulls through, I wouldn't wish that on anybody, and the spineless tw@t that ordered this gets a life of ###### in a Thai prison.

I grew up with Gary back in the UK, and have been 'with him' ever since. i knew he was in thailand. He was supposed to be with me tonght for a long weekend from work in sanui and i'm gutted. I knew of conflicts, but let me tell you all now and honestly, he is the straightest guy on Samui. he has done so much for the development for the island (non property) than any body i have know in the 17 yrs i have been associated with Samui.

God Bless Gary and i will be by his bedside tomorrow to pass on all the wishes he deserves

Jon

P.S call me if u want to comment or help Gary

[email protected]

Latest news

Gary is still in ICU with two bullet holes in his arm and one i his chest. His girlfriend is out of ICU with two bullet to her thigh and toe. He has blanket protection while in hosptial. He has just recieved an artery transfer from his leg to his arm and will be in ICU for atleast 1 week.

He never deserved this

Jon

Latest news

Gary is still in ICU with two bullet holes in his arm and one i his chest. His girlfriend is out of ICU with two bullet to her thigh and toe. He has blanket protection while in hosptial. He has just recieved an artery transfer from his leg to his arm and will be in ICU for atleast 1 week.

He never deserved this

Jon

Heaps of people are pulling for him and his gf. Send him all the best from TV.

I suspect that more people are worried about the British guy because he was far more seriously injured than the girl. Being shot in the arm and leg is not good but not nearly as dangerous as being shot in the chest twice.

Thank God! Someone with a proper sense of perspective! To those who were offended by my non-mention of the non-critically injured Thai lady, please accept my sincere apologies for daring to express concern for the critically injured farang without first having consulted my handbook of political correctness. Oh, and get a grip!