3Bb Fixed Speed Results?

lor

I have the 3BB Premier account in Pattaya. For some time I have been having terrible Internet performance. Very, very slow. But whenever I do a speedtest to Milton Keynes in the UK using Speedtest.net I get between 4-6Mbs download with a 36ms ping. Which is very good and does not represent the service I actually receive.

I have recently started to use speedtest.net sister site pingtest.net. Now this gives me totaly differant results. To the same place Milton Keynes, while speedtest displays 36ms ping. pingtest displays 414ms ping!

I have tried this comparison many times and the results are always the same. Sometimes the speedtest site reports 7Mb download speed with a ping of 35ms! pingtest always shows more accurate results.

How can this be? It seems that connections to speedtest are unblocked while everywhere else speed shaping is in progress. This gives a false idea of 3BB's service.

Yesterday the service was so bad even Google took 3 minutes to start displaying results of a search but speedtest was showing 3Mb download speed, it was the only site that worked! Obviously false.

Another thing I have noticed with 3BB Premier is when I attempt to watch online streaming the stream always started great with 300 to 600kbs speed. On every occasion after exactly 20 seconds the speed reduced to an unuseable 40kbs. It was always 20 secs and always exactly 40kb. This shows 3BB were cutting the streaming speed down.

Does any one have a suggestion for a decent ISP here in Pattaya. I don't mind paying extra for a good service, but 3BB Premier sucks.

Chris