House Painting (In/Out) And Wooden Floor Varnishers

mallmagician

Hi There,

I want someone to come and repaint the interior and exterior of my house, and the front wall. Any tips on workers that do a good job at a reasonable price?

I also have 2 rooms with wooden flooring (Parquet? Its made up of rectangular strips of wood about 6" x 2"), that were poorly varnished when I moved in, and are now scratched quite badly (The varnish when I moved in, must have been quite poor, as it began to crack practically immediately).

Who can I contact to get the old varnish stripped off, and new varnish put down?

Its a rented house, so I dont want to spend too much on it, but I also dont want to hand it back without taking care of this maintenence.

Thanks

There are fairly standard prices for sanding and refinishing wood floors on a per square meter basis. The shops that sell the wood can put you in touch with the workers. Urethane is usually preferred over varnish. Varnish is usually used just for an undercoat.

I would not go to HomePro about it. Try Suksawat, go north on Tung Hotel Rd, across Kaew Narawarat Road, past the T intersection of Doi Saket Rd and wind along, you will find it on the left, ask for Jaruwan. It is a large lumber yard. More upscale would be Wood World south of town on the Samung road or one of the other main roads running between the Canal Road and the main road to Hang Dong/Ban Tawai. I recall it is the Samung road or the one before it.

There is another one, take Wualai Road from Chiang Mai Gate heading towards Airport Plaza, it is on the right about 100 meters before the traffic light at the Airport Plaza corner.

• 7 months later...

Hello! We're looking for reasonable quotes to paint the inside and outside of our place 4kms south-east of the moat. If anyone can recommend someone (with telephone number if possible) it would be greatly appreciated. With thanks. S.

Hello! We're looking for reasonable quotes to paint the inside and outside of our place 4kms south-east of the moat. If anyone can recommend someone (with telephone number if possible) it would be greatly appreciated. With thanks. S.

Excellent painters at www.NewLookIPD.com. Unbelievable service. We were more than pleased!

Excellent painters at www.NewLookIPD.com. Unbelievable service. We were more than pleased!

Looks like a farang-run operation that would cost an arm and a leg!

Thanks MS. I shall take a look now.

I have had dealings with them and am very pleased with them.