Honda Wave 125 New Model

It seems that every dealer i go to has a different price for the new model, which i think is Wave125i with PGM-FI, it seems that i am being weighed up in each show room as to how much they can get out of me.

This website indicates it should be B48,500

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price_List

But between the different dealers had 51-56 quoted

So my question are, can anyone recommend a dealer plus maybe a contact, that will give me an honest price, is there a newer model due out soon?

Cheers

The problem is that currently the Thai manufacturing plant cannot keep up with demand, it first appeared with the new Honda CBR150R, they increased production, but then the PCX demand was exceeding production, now the Thai Honda factory turned one of the Wave production lines to PCX production and we see problems with the Honda Wave.

Honda seriously underestimated the Thai production facility and the demand for a 250cc... Honda now-a-day sells 10 to 1 (ten Honda CBR250R's to one Kawasaki Ninja 250R).

Honda officially had the idea that the Kawasaki Ninja 250R would be more popular and more difficult to compete with... basically with the lower price Honda Thailand had expected that the sales of the Honda CBR250R to the Kawasaki Ninja 250R would be 2 to 1, or in extreme lucky predictions 7 to 1.

That website's prices are out of date. The Wave 125i electric is now more like 51,000 Baht

It is hard to get more than 500 Baht off the list price. Most of the profit is in the credit deal that very few foreign buyers need (or can get). So foreigners are not good customers.

Thais seem to not care that they get ripped off for credit on a bike. Guess they think they can buy a new bike with a really low down payment and affordable monthly payments?

It doesn't make any sense to buy a new bike here as a farang. I met a Thai the other day that got a Wave for 10K baht. He was really chufted that he got it for such a low price. Looked in pretty good nick and not very old. Nothing special, kick start Wave. Don't even think it was a 125. Can't think its changed much, maybe apart from the fuel injection and cheaper components/less steel :rolleyes:

On the point of cheaper parts: my NSR SP has a wear limit of 3mm for the front disk. However the new cbr150/250 appear to come with a 3mm thick disk, thus whats the wear limit on this? Or maybe its using some super hardwearing steel? :blink:

Edited by MaiChai