When Is The Third Quarter Of This Year In Thailand

Ive been waiting for a mobile phone to be released here in Thailand , and just read this ...

Mr Ittipol said the company had to postpone the introduction of the Xperia Arc and Neo models in Thailand to the third quarter of this year from its earlier plan this month.

I read this about the USA ....

the United States government fiscal year for 2011 ("FY 2011" or "FY11") is as follows:

* 1st Quarter: October 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010

* 2nd Quarter: January 1, 2011 - March 31, 2011

* 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011

* 4th Quarter: July 1, 2011 - September 30, 2011

When is the third quarter of this year in Thailand ?

Thanks

TL :jap:

I always assumed that when referring to Q1 etc people were referring to the calender year.

So Q3 would be Jul-Aug-Sep.

I never gave it a thought that anyone would use otherwise, if so why not use the Lunar year, or the UK financial year that starts Apr?

I always assumed that when referring to Q1 etc people were referring to the calender year.

So Q3 would be Jul-Aug-Sep.

I never gave it a thought that anyone would use otherwise, if so why not use the Lunar year, or the UK financial year that starts Apr?

Agreed. Also the tax year here runs 1st Jan to 31st Dec (how sensible is that?) so Q3 qould definitely be Jul-Aug-Sep either way.

he could be referring to the Company's reporting financial reporting year, but I doubt it.

Most thais refer to the calendar year , which is also the tax year and the quarters therein , so i would read it as Jul, Aug, Sept.