Water Pump

Hello all!!

I have a question...........If the water pump,that delivers water from a tank to my RENTED villa, has been rendered useless from the recent rain, who is libel to pay for repair/replacement?? I own a house in Australia, and I know it is my responsibility if the pump fails-as it has. There is nothing in the rental agreement relating to this. Any thoughts? unsure.gif

It is your landlords responsibility to repair / replace it but getting him to do that is a different matter altogether. It will boil down to how much rent you have given him and whether you like living there ? A small pump is around 4000 bah. I would buy a new one but let the landlord know that when you leave the pump goes with you unless he would like to buy it from you ;)

It is your landlords responsibility to repair / replace it but getting him to do that is a different matter altogether. It will boil down to how much rent you have given him and whether you like living there ? A small pump is around 4000 bah. I would buy a new one but let the landlord know that when you leave the pump goes with you unless he would like to buy it from you ;)

It's the responsibility of the landlord, if not fixed in resonable time, then move out. He/she needs to replace it anyway if he/she wants to rent out the house again.