Chainsaw

After the last storm I have a number of trees down in the garden and a few up the road to the house. I need to either rent / borrow a chainsaw or hire a man with one. Anybody know where to get one or a man than can ? :huh:

Cheers Dunc

hey man as far as i know, chainsaws are illegal here and therefore must be operated discreetly. i know we've used them several times and each time it came with a crew who assembled most of it onsite, then disassembled it at the end of the job. each time was from the original land owner so i don't have a number to give you, just wanted to let you know that it may not be as easy as showing up at home pro and walking out with your new toy.

I think the Law is that chainsaws over a certain blade length require a licence. Think is is 10 Inches Max

Here on Samui some of the local hareware stores sell them (the ones not requiring a licence)

They sell for about 6k on Samui and about 4k in Bkk. Had a mate that bought one in Bkk and lent it to me to remove some trees...

Where are you?

Bartman Hi. I am just outside Nathon on Samui. I did try using a hand saw but the wood is still fresh and wet so it was proving to be beyond the saw I was using. I need it for half a day at most :D Cheers Dunc

Chainsaws illegal without licence, best bet I know is man and co right next to snake farm Taling Gnam. Only ones I have seen are electric at Supot Maenam. If locals saw you with one I think they would report you so be careful.

u need as liscence for everything out here . it seems

Chainsaws illegal without licence, best bet I know is man and co right next to snake farm Taling Gnam. Only ones I have seen are electric at Supot Maenam. If locals saw you with one I think they would report you so be careful.

u need as liscence for everything out here . it seems

apart from Driving BigC

I think not so much a case of chain saws being illegal, it's that a permit is required to cut down trees.... from what I can gather ..... perhaps over certain size?

My landdlord mentioned that several months ago, as there is a large tree near one his houses which is very large and surprised not fallen on a house yet, as roots exposed from wash outs both recently and November rains

Coconut trees an exception from what I can "read through the lines" with a conversation I just had with Thai neighbour,,,,

Would think in case of fallen trees this might not be the case, for the permit ??? . (No idea where you would find that out either..... you'll need to talk to the Chainsaw Massacre mafia guys :D)

There are some trees the chain saw guys don't like to cut, as the wood is too hard and eats ups the blades too quickly.

PM or call me again Dunc.... the person I contacted wants to know type of wood.... I'm sure you know!!!;):D

• 3 months later...

home pro has been selling very small chainsaws for a while now. probably around 5-6k baht. based on the size and price i'd expect them to be about the quality of a disposable razor blade.

yes that is a 10/4 good buddy. though sometime u would be supirsed i have caught tescos and bigc out with some really cheap deal. i go home tell all my mates they rush out to byuy the same item and it has gone up 50 % over night.

something not right or right there either way i don't really give a toss about them as long as i got what i want .)