Great New Chinese Restaurant

manarak

By the way, I tried the other another restaurant serving chinese food:

it's called Leng Kee, located almosat on the corner of pattaya klang and soi buakhow.

I don't know how I could miss it before.

No table cloth and napkins here, but the prices are really cheap and the food is very yummy.

But make them repeat the order, they got 50% of it wrong.

Yes that place is indeed quite good. They have both Chinese Thai food and Thai food. I eat there too and yes have also had orders bungled there (but good experience with complaining and getting it fixed). I wouldn't call it a Chinese restaurant though. It's a Thai Chinese restaurant primarily. Seems like almost every table orders their roast duck there.

There fish head is also nice. Last time I was there found it a bit pricy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been to China Garden a few times now

i have been delighted with the selection and quality of the dishes on offer

its not exactly like my local ch**ky in UK but its close enough for me

excellent service, nice ambiance and thoughtful touches like hot towels will serve this restaurant well

i like it, i like it a lot in fact

they will have a regular customer in me

good luck to them.

Edited by timekeeper

Seriously, prk888, Chinese curries, like their Thai counterparts, knock the sox off Indian ones.

Keep smiling.

I had to check the date this was posted and was surprised to find it wasn't 1 April!!

If you are talking curries, has anyone tried the Jap curry shop called CoCo the top of Central ? THE best curries (in the world) are obviously Brit Indian curies but I have to admit after going to CoCo a few times I am impressed !

Seriously, prk888, Chinese curries, like their Thai counterparts, knock the sox off Indian ones.

Keep smiling.

I had to check the date this was posted and was surprised to find it wasn't 1 April!!

If you are talking curries, has anyone tried the Jap curry shop called CoCo the top of Central ? THE best curries (in the world) are obviously Brit Indian curies but I have to admit after going to CoCo a few times I am impressed !

i went there today based on your recommendation

i am really sorry to say neither i nor the little lady were impressed

i thought it was pricy for what it was, and pretty uninspiring

the pork curry and rice at Oushi is so much better at half the price for a bigger portion.

sorry Joepai, it was not to my taste nor my pocket........

excellent service, nice ambiance and thoughtful touches like hot towels will serve this restaurant well

good luck to them.

Have perused their menu while walking past and noticed most dishes priced around B 150...pretty pricey for a single-serving in Pattaya. Very good Thai and Chinese dishes can be had at other restos in town for B 100 or less.

good luck to them.

Have perused their menu while walking past and noticed most dishes priced around B 150...pretty pricey for a single-serving in Pattaya. Very good Thai and Chinese dishes can be had at other restos in town for B 100 or less.

The portions are big and they have a good chef. You can't compare one to one to Thai Chinese places, this new place offers a style of food not offered elsewhere in town, take it or leave it ...

When a place offers something not easily found, they do have some pricing power. I think if you eat there, while the style may not be be your dream, that you won't feel it's a rip off or not competitively priced.

Edited by Jingthing

good luck to them.

The portions are big and they have a good chef. You can't compare one to one to Thai Chinese places, this new place offers a style of food not offered elsewhere in town, take it or leave it ...

When a place offers something not easily found, they do have some pricing power. I think if you eat there, while the style may not be be your dream, that you won't feel it's a rip off or not competitively priced.

Agree...I have not tried it yet (but intend to) but just saying that the price-point is a little high for Patts...maybe the ambiance, quality, and portion size justifies the prices. Do they have "over-rice" dishes...that would be ideal for the many single diners in Pattaya?

good luck to them.

assessing menus in passing and actually eating there is a whole different ball game

even if the portions were small , which they aren't, it would still be good value for money

i eat at lots of Thai and chinese restaurants, from the Peak at the Dusit to Leng Kee

this is better in my opinion and its closer to the ''Chinese'' food i want to eat

you wanna eat chicken feet and fried strips of skin from the back of a duck and call it a delicacy that's ''up to to you '' as we say in these parts......

good luck to them.

Agree...I have not tried it yet (but intend to) but just saying that the price-point is a little high for Patts...maybe the ambiance, quality, and portion size justifies the prices. Do they have "over-rice" dishes...that would be ideal for the many single diners in Pattaya?

they do set meals for one , two, three or more diners

this represents a saving on the single items if ordered separately

i did not find it expensive

i went mad the first time i went and really indulged myself on everything i had not had for years

i did not count the cost and there was loads of leftovers for the temple dogs but when the bill came it was about 1000 less than i had thought it would be

so its arrival did not taint my palate.............

good luck to them.

if you think 150 baht for a main course dish is pretty pricy, i would keep on walking.........

good luck to them.

assessing menus in passing and actually eating there is a whole different ball game

even if the portions were small , which they aren't, it would still be good value for money

i eat at lots of Thai and chinese restaurants, from the Peak at the Dusit to Leng Kee

this is better in my opinion and its closer to the ''Chinese'' food i want to eat

you wanna eat chicken feet and fried strips of skin from the back of a duck and call it a delicacy that's ''up to to you '' as we say in these parts......

Do you have a financial interest in this place....if not, then why do you protest so much? All I said was that the prices seemed a little high .but I didn't comment on "value" as such because I have not tried it yet. As for your posting that the Chinese food from other places is all chicken feet and duck skin is just not so. I noted on the menu that stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts was about B 150...I can get this dish (very good Thai style version), with rice, for B 89 at the Coffee Club in Royal Garden, which also has a very nice atmosphere and service...just saying.

Being a Westerner myself, I like a good "Western-style" Chinese food feed as much as anyone...so I will certainly give this place a try and if the food and service are top-notch, it may indeed be good value for money...I hope so.

Edited by FarangBuddha

I noted on the menu that stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts was about B 150...I can get this dish (very good Thai style version), with rice, for B 89 at the Coffee Club in Royal Garden, which also has a very nice atmosphere and service...just saying.

Maybe because it is Thai-style - which is available all over the place - not Chinese? :ermm:

Edited by Ulysses G.

will give it a try now water madness has stopped hopefully special curry fried rice UK style chinese is available. have to agree chicken and cashew nuts at 150 seems a bit high consider the price of whats in it, i know its not aimed at Thais but compare it to being almost a days wage in this country, then maybe extra for rice. still looks ok from the outside. anybody know what time it opens?

No rice plate budget offerings there but they do have chow mein dishes as well as Singapore noodles. They aren't positioning themselves as the cheapest place in town to eat, nor anywhere near the most expensive. In my view, they have hit the sweet spot in pricing, acceptable to most customers who want what they sell, and high enough for them to make money. Their steamed rice is 40 baht which may sound high, but it is a large portion and cooked very well as you would expect in a good Chinese restaurant. Too expensive? There is always Thai street food which I ain't knocking either.

Also note, there is no curry fried rice on the menu. However, there are a bunch of curry dishes. I am pretty sure they would cook you a special order curry fried rice if you asked them nicely, but best to try to explain what you expect to be in it for best results.

Edited by Jingthing

good luck to them.

Do you have a financial interest in this place....if not, then why do you protest so much? All I said was that the prices seemed a little high .but I didn't comment on "value" as such because I have not tried it yet. As for your posting that the Chinese food from other places is all chicken feet and duck skin is just not so. I noted on the menu that stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts was about B 150...I can get this dish (very good Thai style version), with rice, for B 89 at the Coffee Club in Royal Garden, which also has a very nice atmosphere and service...just saying.

Being a Westerner myself, I like a good "Western-style" Chinese food feed as much as anyone...so I will certainly give this place a try and if the food and service are top-notch, it may indeed be good value for money...I hope so.

i am not on the payroll of China Garden and resent the suggestion that i am

i am just happy to extol the virtues of a good restaurant that suits my palate

much the same as you did for the pasta besta ............