Thailand Thieves Rob Man For Jeans, Shoes

george

Thailand Thieves Rob Man for Jeans, Shoes

BANGKOK: -- Two thieves robbed a man at knifepoint to steal his jeans and shoes, but they ended up with a pair of fake Levi's, police said Monday.

Watcharaphong Khaewka, a 21-year-old office worker, filed a complaint with police saying that the two men put a knife to his neck and forced him to take off his jeans and sport shoes.

"The attackers did not touch the money, watch and other valuables on the victim. They just took his jeans and sport shoes and let the victim walk home in his underwear," said police Lt. Col. Phongsak Thongsri, of Bangkok's Thongsonghong police station.

"The victim fears that the thieves will come to hurt him when they find out that the jeans were fake ones that he bought from Chatuchak Market," Phongsak said, referring to a popular weekend market that sells all kinds of counterfeit name-brand goods.

Police were searching for the thieves.

--Agencies 2005-07-26

First, it is news. Indicative of similar situations in the US a couple of years ago.

The fact that is was a Thai on Thai crime is what made it newsworthy. After all if it were some random farang most of us would assume that the guy was a tit and that he was being taught a lesson :-)

Read ajarndave's 5 posts ... amazingly negative, each and every one. but hey ... at least he's not a supermember with the same attitude!

First, it is news. Indicative of similar situations in the US a couple of years ago.

The fact that is was a Thai on Thai crime is what made it newsworthy. After all if it were some random farang most of us would assume that the guy was a tit and that he was being taught a lesson :-)

Read ajarndave's 5 posts ... amazingly negative, each and every one. but hey ... at least he's not a supermember with the same attitude!

hi....

oh dear me...

amarka :o

Hardly newsworthy

Happens all the time out west sydney eh udon!

I sure not uncommon in UK or US either

Ho hum, nothing special here.  I have not met a Thai that was smart, let alone be able to tell the difference from fake jeans and shoes. Hehehehehehehehehe.  What a world that we live in and it is really one of the lowest things a person can do is rob you of your own clothes.  This tells me the intelligence of these thai idiots.

You can post me this quote to ###### or high water, but this is one for the tit for tat things we all should be aware off, cause these people here will do most anything to strip something of what you own.  I am surprised they did not ask for his underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am sure that the victim did have the real thing right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Daveyo

Geez, DY, so Thai pilots and engineers out at Don Muang aren't smart!

You should get out more Dave.

I wonder if your fellow Thai workers get the same impression of you that we get reading your drivel.

Have a nice day Smarty. :o

I wonder if they would have taken them had they scared the s#@% out of him. Hmmmm There was a time back in the states when this sort of street crime was happening in NYC an LA (I'm sure there were other cities but these 2 always get the news coverage) People were stealing sport shoes because some idiots were willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a pair. Thank god for K-mart and Walmart! $5 a pair and still comfortable.

Interesting story. I am wondering why they didn't take his watch and money, too. Maybe it was a "revenge" attack. This poor guy is going to try to explain to the wife that someone actually took his pants and shoes--she's going to accuse him of being at some massage parlour!!

I do think it is unfair to make unnecessarily nasty remarks about Thai people. I've met a lot of smart Thai's--as a matter of fact most of my Thai friends are smart. When I am driving though, it seems like the only ones with brains are the ones without a car!

Cherchez la femme.

I reckon the 'victim' had jilted the sister of the policeman, who tipped off the newspaper reporter, after his sister's hit men had made the 'victim' lose face.

Hhell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

(Usually I believe that events are due to cock up, not to conspiracy. But, on this occasion, I will place my bet the other way.)

Getting the reporter to highlight the fact that the Levi's were only knock offs adds a nice touch, with a bonus, to the conspiracy.

It gets the rude, intrusive falangs to look the wrong way.

So the Thais can sort out their personal affair in private----and get a giggle, when they see the falangs making fools of themselves on the falang website.

Interesting story.  I am wondering why they didn't take his watch and money, too.  Maybe it was a "revenge" attack.

That was my thought as well - since they did not bother with the watch and money - it was not profit motivated. He had probably pissed someone off, and he/they decided to take revenge in a non-violent manner. Pretty cool, actually! Or at least a bit more sofisticated (and considerate) than blowing his brains out.....

I do think it is unfair to make unnecessarily nasty remarks about Thai people. 

It is OK - it makes the sad loosers feel better about themselves.

Edited by WhiteShiva

... There was a time back in the states when this sort of street crime was happening in NYC an LA (I'm sure there were other cities but these 2 always get the news coverage) People were stealing sport shoes because some idiots were willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a pair. Thank god for K-mart and Walmart! $5 a pair and still comfortable.

Yep. I remember.

We all know how smart a person DaveYo is!!!

DY is a font of intelligence :o

Reminds you of the two Ozzies who recently robbed a bank " Canada or America" were aprehended because of several factors:

They wore their work name tags

The bank (branch) was the one they used on a regular basis

etc.

Talk about Dumb & Dumber - It takes all kinds to make a world !!

:o:D:D:D:D

Reminds you of the two Ozzies who recently robbed a bank " Canada or America" were aprehended because of several factors:

They wore their work name tags

The bank (branch) was the one they used on a regular basis

etc.

Talk about Dumb & Dumber - It takes all kinds to make a world !!

:o  :D  :D  :D  :D

They were Australians working in the Ski resort of Vail. Beautiful place but pricey. Perhaps they needed the money to pay for their lift tickets? :D

Well, as for being a foreigner, like I said before, this thai guy had the genuine underpants, but the fake jeans and shoes on the outside. Now these theives had to take the fake jeans and shoes thinking it was the genuine articles, as it is reported here. Hmmmm, so who is the smart fella in all this, ahhhhhhh haaaaaa, the victim!!!!!!!!! Kudos to him, hehehehehehehehehe. You know what is inside his underpants?????????????? The crown jewels!!!!!!!!!!!

Daveyo :o

reminds me of a story from my Uni days in Sydney. There was this weird loser type of guy with no friends in one of my classes and he turns up to Uni one night with a pair of really bad taste trousers and shocker plastic sneakers.(trousers were red and shoes yellow)

We had to ask him what was the joke.....it turned out he was in a public toilet having a crap when a pair of hands came under the door and ripped his jeans off......he lost everything - jeans shoes and wallet. Luckily (or unluckily) for him he had a small amount of cash in his shirt pocket which was enough for him to purchase the cheapest clothes he could find. Mind you, he had to walk through Sydney CBD for a short distance before he found one of those cheap mens clothing shops in George St. Had to laugh.