Two Tier Pricing

Please post the price list in Thai for the 66 Condo.

Sorry, I dont have it. I wasn't interested enough in the building to keep it.

But when I was in there last week I was specifically told that there was no price differential. I have to assume they were telling the truth as otherwise the entire business becomes totally suspect. Which it may well be, of course.

I have seen the price list for several VT buildings and there is no supplement on that. Of course, there may well be unmentioned discounts available for Thai or company name.

It's just that on the English price list I have it mentions Foreign / Company Ownership prices (where of course the company will be owned by a Farang) which would lead me to beleive there is a Thai ownership price that is not mentioned and on a Thai website I have found the selling price to be starting at 2,690,000 but the cheapest price on the English pricelist is 3,551,000.

Please post the price list in Thai for the 66 Condo.

Sorry, I dont have it. I wasn't interested enough in the building to keep it.

But when I was in there last week I was specifically told that there was no price differential. I have to assume they were telling the truth as otherwise the entire business becomes totally suspect. Which it may well be, of course.

I have seen the price list for several VT buildings and there is no supplement on that. Of course, there may well be unmentioned discounts available for Thai or company name.

It's just that on the English price list I have it mentions Foreign / Company Ownership prices (where of course the company will be owned by a Farang) which would lead me to beleive there is a Thai ownership price that is not mentioned and on a Thai website I have found the selling price to be starting at 2,690,000 but the cheapest price on the English pricelist is 3,551

Apologize if this is irrelevant but I attach a link to to a New Condo development in Pattaya

To read the Thai price list you have to select Thai language first.

www.thecliffpattaya.com/ -

^check out the Russian. Completely different terms!

I haven,t scrutinized the entire site

But

Room 901A is 37 M 56,000 baht on all 3 price lists.

I must be missing something.

Also

In the strict sense of price(ability to pay) it should be (low to High)

Kon Thai

Russians Thai company

Russians

Farang (non Russian)Thai Company

Farang(non Russian)

I have missed any out?

It's just that on the English price list I have it mentions Foreign / Company Ownership prices (where of course the company will be owned by a Farang) which would lead me to beleive there is a Thai ownership price that is not mentioned and on a Thai website I have found the selling price to be starting at 2,690,000 but the cheapest price on the English pricelist is 3,551,000.

For the developer there is no difference between Thai name and company name: both are not farang name and so fall in the 51%. The company of course cant be owned (more than 49%) by a farang, it can only be controlled by a farang. Big difference.

So I see no reason why there should be a third price. It may be that the Thai website you saw had old prices, before launch or something like that. Or it may just have been wrong.

Wouldnt be the first such site I've seen here. :rolleyes:

Or they may just be assuming that no Thai would ever buy one. That woudnt be a first either.

I am convinced that 2 Tier pricing as a policy does not exist.

I am not suggesting that 2 price lists do not exist.

Sorry, you are splitting hairs that are too small for my eyes to see.

Two price lists = two tier pricing. One price list = single tier pricing. End of story.

It may all be 100% negotiable with condos (and I think it is) but either way, just like the national parks, the prices are often listed differently for farang and non-farang, which means they are two tier. It doesnt cost the government any more to let a farang into a park either, they just charge him more.

Two price lists = two tier pricing. One price list = single tier pricing. End of story.

It may all be 100% negotiable with condos (and I think it is) but either way, just like the national parks, the prices are often listed differently for farang and non-farang, which means they are two tier. It doesnt cost the government any more to let a farang into a park either, they just charge him more.

The answer is in your Post . Parks are ,as you say ,2 tier -non negotiable

absolutely fixed.

Condos are negotiable absolutely not fixed

End of my story

The term 'two tier' pricing and comparison to national parks confuses the issue.

There isn't a maximum quota on foreigners' access to national parks and tickets aren't resold.

Foreign quota units are in principle worth more because foreigners have less property rights.

Of course foreigners can circumvent this by the company route to (attempt to) control a thai unit (introducing an element of risk that isn't present in owning it in their own name).

The gap between the asking price for thai and foreign units will depend on the likely pool of buyers and the developer's expectations (reasonable or otherwise) about what likely buyers will pay.

This might in limited circumstances mean there isn't a gap in price.

Identical physical units with differing title (thai / foreign) aren't identical.

Edited by thaiwanderer

The answer is in your Post . Parks are ,as you say ,2 tier -non negotiable

absolutely fixed.

Condos are negotiable absolutely not fixed

End of my story

I always get into national parks for Thai price, just show your driving licence.

For the developer there is no difference between Thai name and company name: both are not farang name and so fall in the 51%. The company of course cant be owned (more than 49%) by a farang, it can only be controlled by a farang. Big difference.

So I see no reason why there should be a third price. It may be that the Thai website you saw had old prices, before launch or something like that. Or it may just have been wrong.

Wouldnt be the first such site I've seen here. :rolleyes:

Or they may just be assuming that no Thai would ever buy one. That woudnt be a first either.

There is a difference between Thai name and company name because a Thai would not have to put the condo in a company name if the 51% Thai quota is full, it's only Farangs that are daft enough to buy in a company name.

So by having a price that specifically states foreigner it specifically doesn't mean Thai.

But

Also

Kon Thai

Russians Thai company

Russians

Farang(non Russian)

I have missed any out?

You have to read the small print (in Russian)

But

Also

Kon Thai

Russians Thai company

Russians

Farang(non Russian)

I have missed any out?

You have to read the small print (in Russian)

Perhaps you could enlighten me

RETRACTION

During this post I have stated that 2 tier pricing does not exist.

I have carried a survey and discovered that indeed it does exist.

Therefore I apologizes for causing frustration to other readers/contributors

^the spread of payments are different.

Russians pay 20%-10%-10%-10%-10%-10%-10%-20%

Others 20%-20%-60%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[i was using the site in correctly and based om my advise I suspect that you followed suit.

There are 2 prices 'Foreigner and Thai'

There are 3 languages

You have to select the price list you want (Foreigner or Thai) and ensure that you stay in your chosen language.

I simply change language-so only the language changed. All the data was unchanged

Sorry for this mis -information

Edited by Delight

Want to see the 3rd world? Cambodia is next door, basically a rice and sewing-machine economy at this time.

Thailand is not a 3rd world country anymore its a NIC - Newly Industrialized Country. Great transportation infrastructure, good medical/dental services available, rapid transit lines, mostly clean water, plenty of food etc.

Exactly.......if you want to see a third world country, go to the UK, and I am being very serious when I say that..........infastructure, transport, health, education, living standards are all inferior to Thailand, unless of course Daddy is an MP and you go to Private school etc................how many dentists are there in Pattaya alone, and cheap...try getting a dentist in the UK, takes a 2 year wait unless you go private, bank accounts take 2-3 weeks to open, I opened a new SCB account last month in 12 minutes, ATM, PIN and Passbook..........roads, far better here....so...would you rather buy a flat here or somewhere like, Hackney, Tower Hamlets od Mosside?

Want to see the 3rd world? Cambodia is next door, basically a rice and sewing-machine economy at this time.

Thailand is not a 3rd world country anymore its a NIC - Newly Industrialized Country. Great transportation infrastructure, good medical/dental services available, rapid transit lines, mostly clean water, plenty of food etc.

Exactly.......if you want to see a third world country, go to the UK, and I am being very serious when I say that..........infastructure, transport, health, education, living standards are all inferior to Thailand, unless of course Daddy is an MP and you go to Private school etc................how many dentists are there in Pattaya alone, and cheap...try getting a dentist in the UK, takes a 2 year wait unless you go private, bank accounts take 2-3 weeks to open, I opened a new SCB account last month in 12 minutes, ATM, PIN and Passbook..........roads, far better here....so...would you rather buy a flat here or somewhere like, Hackney, Tower Hamlets od Mosside?

Or you could take the tube or use the BTS instead - I know which I prefer - BTS trains actually run.....

But comparing a flat here in the Sukhumvit / Asoke / Thonglor Farang ghettoes to a flat in Hackney, Tower Hamlets or Mosside is like comparing apples with rotten tomatoes.

Rather you should maybe compare a flat in those places in UK with living in the slums of Klong Teoi or the riverside shacks of the Chaopraya, and how many Farangs aspire to live there? And how many would prefer to live in Mosside that Klong Toei?

Months ago, a guy posted that he and his Thai GF shopped for a condo, and she did the negotiating. Just as others mentioned, the she got a better price than when he shopped around. Oblivious to the small print, they bought the condo at the Thai price and then discovered, to their horror, the Thai price was for a shell - not a completely outfitted condo. By the time they added the furniture, the flooring, the AC, and the water heater, they had paid MORE than the farang price.

Months ago, a guy posted that he and his Thai GF shopped for a condo, and she did the negotiating. Just as others mentioned, the she got a better price than when he shopped around. Oblivious to the small print, they bought the condo at the Thai price and then discovered, to their horror, the Thai price was for a shell - not a completely outfitted condo. By the time they added the furniture, the flooring, the AC, and the water heater, they had paid MORE than the farang price.

Caveat Emptor

... they bought the condo at the Thai price and then discovered, to their horror,........... they had paid MORE than the farang price.

Which just goes to show that people selling property in Thailand will shaft Thais just as soundly as they will shaft farangs, given half a chance.

Moral: if you assume that everyone selling property in Thailand is totally dishonest you will never be disappointed.