Best Accommodation For 3 Month Stay?

Tracer Round

If I person were to be coming to Chiang Mai for 3 months from the beginning of May, and wanted to have some sort of serviced apartment or similar with reasonable access to the city center, what suggestions would you make? There are only a few such places I see on a Google search --I need a large desk/work space and quiet, so many of these long-stay hotels are not quite sufficient.

I have my own transportation, so it need not be smack in the middle of town, but not more than say, 15 minutes drive one way from the city center.

Thanks

To be honest, being bang in the middle of the night market would not be my ideal location.....there are MUCH nicer apartments to stay at in MUCH nicer locations....most operate a 3 month tenancy.

Your best bet, is to arrive, book a 'cheap' hotel for a few days, get on your bike and have a ride around, when you see a nice apartment block that you like the look of, enquire.

Much nicer locations around town.

Hi,

I am renting my studio in Chiang Mai, it is in the Hillside 9 condo, near Carrefour shopping Mall, about 4 km from Tha Pae Gate, close to all amenities. You can stay as long as you want, 10.000 THB/month. Free cable TV, free adsl. Everything inside the condo is new (32" Sony LCD, dvd player, shower cabin, kitchenette, free golf equipment...). This is "farang" standard condo, not some cheap place you can find here.

Please send me an email if interested or want more details.

Thanks.

There's only one choice - the ROYAL LANNA, slap bang in the middle fo downtown. Only B7,000 per month for a room 50% bigger than most other hotels. You pay a little more for regular cleaning and linen. Four floors of longstay residents reflect its value.

Hi 'chiangmaicharlies', B7000 per month does it include water/electricity...do you have their email and phone numbers..

can't find them on the website...appreciate your assistance..thanks

Yes we used to stay at the Downtown for about 1 week at a time.

Sorry no more.

Here is the website ROYAL LANNA

Map Location

Plus their is nothing wrong with its location.

Just up the road from the Downtown Inn Hotel.

Plus you will not have to travel far for food entertainment plus shopping.

Great location :jap:

Edited by Lizard2010

Sorry no more.

Map Location

But how is it for vehicle access when the Night Bazaar is operational?

There's only one choice - the ROYAL LANNA, slap bang in the middle fo downtown. Only B7,000 per month for a room 50% bigger than most other hotels. You pay a little more for regular cleaning and linen. Four floors of longstay residents reflect its value.

They say 8K a month:

Service Apartment

Standard Room one Bedroom) Floor 16

-Room with furnitur T.v, refrigerator

-Room Rent per month = 8,000.-Bht.

-Room Deposit =12,000.-Bht.

All room have air conditioning and room rent do not include electricity and bed linin.

Electricity and Telephone charge.

-Electricity charge 5.00 Bht per Unit (vat is not include)

-Local call (chiangmai area only) charge 6.00 bht per call.

Additional Service on request:

-Bedsheeth,bankets,tower for rent: Daily 150.-Bht,Monthly 2,500.-Bht

-Laundry Service Monthly charge 800.-bht not over 100.-pleces.

Hotel Service

1-Free water supply, Cable t.v

2-Out Door swimming pool

3-Covered parking lot.

4-24 hours security

5-free hifi inernet

6-Coffee shop with room service

Sorry no more.

Map Location

But how is it for vehicle access when the Night Bazaar is operational?

No Problems getting inn or out :)

They say 8K a month:

Service Apartment

Standard Room one Bedroom) Floor 16

-Room with furnitur T.v, refrigerator

-Room Rent per month = 8,000.-Bht.

-Room Deposit =12,000.-Bht.

All room have air conditioning and room rent do not include electricity and bed linin.

Electricity and Telephone charge.

-Electricity charge 5.00 Bht per Unit (vat is not include)

-Local call (chiangmai area only) charge 6.00 bht per call.

Additional Service on request:

-Bedsheeth,bankets,tower for rent: Daily 150.-Bht,Monthly 2,500.-Bht

-Laundry Service Monthly charge 800.-bht not over 100.-pleces.

Hotel Service

1-Free water supply, Cable t.v

2-Out Door swimming pool

3-Covered parking lot.

4-24 hours security

5-free hifi inernet

6-Coffee shop with room service

Sounds reasonable :)

The Dome monthly rates and rental policies are as below.

Short term serviced Apartment

Standard 9,000 baht / month *

Deluxe 13,000 baht / month *

Suite 15,000 baht / month * (1 bedroom 1 living room with kitchenette)

*The above rate includes house keeping service once a week

(Bedding & towels provided)

Rental Policy

Minimum 1 month stay

10,000 baht deposit

Key set deposit 200 baht

Electricity 7 baht/unit

Water 200 baht/month

Internet fees 500/month (optional )

I am trying to figure out a good place to rent for long term it's like one place charges 5 bht for electric one place charges 7 bht for electric one places wants 10,000.bht for deposit one wants 12,000 bht just trying to figure it out LOL

We have a lot of customers who stay at the Twin Peaks Condos. There a few people who own and manage units there. They all say that they are very happy with the place. It's close to the intersection of Chang Klan and Sridonchai road, so it's centrally located. Not far from the Royal Lanna but, unlike the Royal Lanna, it's not in the night bazaar.

I recently stayed at k&k House in chiang mai, its near the center near some big markets and many food places. They have different rooms and different rates. Internet is free only they charge for water and electric but if you stay and not use the aircon your bill will be very low as it was for me. The rooms that are located in the back the sun almost not come in to the windows so it stays cool. They have a website, www.kk1house.com and their email address is //removed//. You can find many photos and information, location on their website. It was a very nice stay there for me and they picked me, very nice people who willing to help with all your needs. Feel free to ask them all your questions they will help you anyway if you stay there or not. I stayed there almost 2 months and saw them help many people with finding the best way to do anything they wanted.

Greetings Erik

Edited by Tywais
e-mail removed as per forum rules

Hi,

I am renting my studio in Chiang Mai, it is in the Hillside 9 condo, near Carrefour shopping Mall, about 4 km from Tha Pae Gate, close to all amenities. You can stay as long as you want, 10.000 THB/month. Free cable TV, free adsl. Everything inside the condo is new (32" Sony LCD, dvd player, shower cabin, kitchenette, free golf equipment...). This is "farang" standard condo, not some cheap place you can find here.

Please send me an email if interested or want more details.

Thanks.

Sounds great. where do I find your email address

• 10 months later...

About Twin Peaks Condos...I'm planning to stay there for a month. Is it safe to walk around with my little dog? are there any gardens/parks in walking distance/neighborhood? Also, are food vendors/supermarkets really 5 mn walk away?

thanks for any info...

About Twin Peaks Condos...I'm planning to stay there for a month. Is it safe to walk around with my little dog? are there any gardens/parks in walking distance/neighborhood? Also, are food vendors/supermarkets really 5 mn walk away?

thanks for any info...

It's always a good idea to scout out an area for soi dogs before walking a small dog. I know of one small, beloved, newly-imported Yorkie who was killed by a couple of soi dogs, while on a walk on a lease with its horror-struck new-arrival owner. Not in the area of Twin Peaks, but not that much different.

Hum,,, garden/parks. Don't know about that being close to Twin Peaks. Depends on your definition of garden/park. You'll see plants all over Chiang Mai. Something like Central Park like in NYC, well for that you'll have to go outside town.

Food vendors -- you're never far away from a food vendor in Thailand. No need to ever go hungry if you have 30 baht in your pocket. Now "supermarkets" are another story. The closest supermarket to Twin Peaks would be the excellent Rim Ping Narawat -- more than 5 minutes by tuk-tuk. If you walk briskly you can probably arrive in 20 minutes.

Edited by NancyL