Thai Tv

Shot

Is it just me, or is Thai TV the worst you have ever seen? My wife and sister in law, along with most of the neighbors and every Thai at both of our businesses, are addicted to these night time soaps. <deleted>? They just got finished with the one with the vampires, and now on to more crap.

Why can't we all just watch Hey Ha?

*+That vampire one is unbelievable. I was watching it one night and the young pretty one was always getting beaten up by the older one in the high gogo boots. The guys stand around looking scared. I sort of got lost in the episode at the funeral where the blind mother is having a family feud and then the girls end up in a scrap yard with the young pretty girl getting chained up while old vampire girl beats her up. You know there will be action when they show their teeth!!!!. I wish they'd have afight near a pool instead. Bikini boxing if you will. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I haven't been back to Thailand's rip off of Vampire Diaries since. What's up with the shows that always have these guys in drag yelling at each other, along with a required shirtless fatguy and the token midget? And let's not forget the gong. Remember to laugh when someone gongs. The gong sound is your cue to guffaw even if the joke isn't remotely funny.

The RAI news is more exciting even if I don't understand Italian. The only thing worse than a Thai show is Fox and Friends. Could people be any more stupid and ignorant as those Fox hosts/commentators?

*+That vampire one is unbelievable. I was watching it one night and the young pretty one was always getting beaten up by the older one in the high gogo boots. The guys stand around looking scared. I sort of got lost in the episode at the funeral where the blind mother is having a family feud and then the girls end up in a scrap yard with the young pretty girl getting chained up while old vampire girl beats her up. You know there will be action when they show their teeth!!!!. I wish they'd have afight near a pool instead. Bikini boxing if you will. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I haven't been back to Thailand's rip off of Vampire Diaries since. What's up with the shows that always have these guys in drag yelling at each other, along with a required shirtless fatguy and the token midget? And let's not forget the gong. Remember to laugh when someone gongs. The gong sound is your cue to guffaw even if the joke isn't remotely funny.

The RAI news is more exciting even if I don't understand Italian. The only thing worse than a Thai show is Fox and Friends. Could people be any more stupid and ignorant as those Fox hosts/commentators?

Fox is IMHO worse than any Thai Tv program/news. havent watched it since Obama was elected President, and really never want to watch it again

But, the best one is where he dumps her to go out with this lovely other girl.

Then, she turns out to be right nasty, and her family ain't good, either. Meanwhile, the first girl is upset, and cries a lot.

Later, he goes back to her, having realised he truly loved her all along. But, then this other girl goes crazy and her brothers get the guns out.

He ends up getting shot, but the Royal Thai Police come on the scene and wipe out the murderous brothers, and arrest the crazy girl for, well er, being crazy.

Finally, he manages to get a nice white suit over his arm (which is still in a sling from the bullet wound) and he marries the first girl. And they all live happily ever after.

(Oh, but hang on, isn't that EVERY soap I've just summarised?!)

But, the best one is where he dumps her to go out with this lovely other girl.

Then, she turns out to be right nasty, and her family ain't good, either. Meanwhile, the first girl is upset, and cries a lot.

Later, he goes back to her, having realised he truly loved her all along. But, then this other girl goes crazy and her brothers get the guns out.

He ends up getting shot, but the Royal Thai Police come on the scene and wipe out the murderous brothers, and arrest the crazy girl for, well er, being crazy.

Finally, he manages to get a nice white suit over his arm (which is still in a sling from the bullet wound) and he marries the first girl. And they all live happily ever after.

(Oh, but hang on, isn't that EVERY soap I've just summarised?!)

except the Royal THAI Police is only in Thai soaps :D

you can pretty much set your watch by the scene; oh the cute girl tripped on a twig and is now in the hospital on life support, must be 8:15pm! (note the blatant hospital advertising in the background)

but my favorite is the pantomime sound effects on the day time 'comedies'. is there a university degree course in thailand to learn how to make those sounds and when? (trick question, the answer is every 10 seconds)

i guess English soaps are just as bad in their own way, but this stuff does look like utter khee!

Fox is IMHO worse than any Thai Tv program/news. havent watched it since Obama was elected President, and really never want to watch it again

:lol:

Thai tv is not alone in being cr*p. Look at the UK, Big Brother, Celebrity this, that and the other, Jeremy Kyle.

Soaps? Coronation Street? A north western mill town with no south asians? Have you been there lately? Emmerdale Farm? All of the women are (fairly) pretty, and, of course, the sun is always shining......

My (ex) sister in law is an educated person, but she still thrived on the Thai soaps - it is a form of release, I think. All the same, they do my head in, too!

What an insight! If you don't understand thai language at all, its tough to watch thai tv. However, I think Thaiwanderer has a great point in that if you gain an appreciation for thai entertainment especially their comedies and humor, you will get a lot more out of living in Thailand and with thai people. Their humour is more slapstick like the old Jerry Lewis movies(a type of humour that is popular in many countries). I never used to bother watching thai tv, but now I think some of the stuff is hilarious...

If its that bad and they watch it rather than interact with you, what does that tell you?

You must be crazy! Fox is one of the hottest comedy channels I have ever seen. I think its pioneering work, it's not just the Brits that can produce original comedy. Bill O'Reilly is quite possibly the funniest person in the world.