Non-B Visa Application With Job Offer From My Friend'S Company.

Hi,

I am currently arranging my return to Thailand and am trying to get back on a Non-B visa, lasting for 12 months. To do this, I am contemplating getting a job offer from my friend's (pretty much inactive) Thai company and applying at the Hull Consulate for the Non-B.

We are both English teachers and the possibility of using this existing company like an agency is one that I'm quite keen on. Initially, this 'agency' would supply just myself but could easily expand to supply others too.

Does anyone have any thoughts about these matter and how viable they are? Any pitfalls? I heard somewhere that we would have to prove that this business employs a certain number of Thai nationals, is that correct?

Assuming that this is a genuine way to get a Non-B visa, what would be the situation in getting a work permit? Would it be fairly straightforward?

I'm a male UK citizen aged 38.

Thanks.

You should be able to manage a non-imm B this way, but how are you going to tackle the WP if the company is inactive ?ie relating to 4 X Thai employees per WP etc etc.

You are aware that in addtion to your Non-imm B you need a Work permit ?

I think it may be harder than you realise to create your "Agency". It would probably need MoE licensing etc to be official and you would need Thai staff (4:1) and probably Thai shareholders. Certainly would need a Thai with some gumption to sort out the twoing and throwing to get the WP's sorted etc. Would your wages justify this financially?

Might be better to have a word with a language school (usually supply teachers to schools etc like and agency too) and see if they will put you on their books if you pay all the Vias/WP costs etc, get your own gigs and/or pay them a percentage - might work out cheaper and a whole lot less hastle in the long run (and may also open up some doors for jobs too).

You would probably be able to get the B Visa though from Hull etc based on the letter.

I was thinking of doing something similar to this but have read a few threads were it says they will only issue a 3 month visa then when work permit is fixed you can extend it,so if this is some way of getting around the non 1 year non imm o not being issued for visits Anymore I don't think it will work unless you go the whole way and get wp aswell

Edited by taninthai

Ok, thanks for all your answers. It looks like it might only be half the answer. When I say 'inactive' his 'turnover' is pretty much his own teacher wages, and he set the company up so he could buy a house . I'll go back and ask him how many people he 'employs' etc.

Thanks again.