Cheap Calls Overseas

baligirl

Can anyone advise if any of the mobile phone packages offer any deals that enable calling to landlines overseas cheaply. Ive just moved from Hong Kong, and through HUtchinson was able to get a deal for unlimited calls to landlines for a minimal sum. Does naything similar exist here ?

You can buy International Calling cards from CAT Telecom which give you a cheap rate. They have an office in Times Square on Sukhumvit Road and I'm sure elsewhere.

Cheers

How do these cards compare in cost if you add the '008' prefix instead of the '001' when using a mobile?

JL

You can buy International Calling cards from CAT Telecom which give you a cheap rate. They have an office in Times Square on Sukhumvit Road and I'm sure elsewhere.

Cheers

How do these cards compare in cost if you add the '008' prefix instead of the '001' when using a mobile?

JL

I use a mobile here in Thailand to call Australia.For a 500 baht card I get 5 hours calling a landline or about 3 hours calling a mobile.

I'm not sure if the rates are the same for ALL countries.

Cheers

If you want a calling card, this is the one I'd currently recommend:

http://www.easycard.in.th/index.php/en

If you look back over my previous posts on this subject you'll see that at different times I've recommended many different suppliers. Sadly, all of them get very greedy once their business becomes established and they start doing nasty things to the billing. This is the only low cost card right now that seems to believe a minute is actually 60 seconds long.

Free callback so no local access charges either.

http://www.truemove....IM-Prepay.rails

This should do you nicely thumbsup.gif

I use this package on my second phone.

Usually costs something like 30-40 baht for around 15mins call to Australia.

True has a particular pre-pay sim card that charges only 1 baht per minute for international calls if you dial "006000". My wife using this card whenever I go back to the US and for other international calls. We keep this particular sim card just for such calls. Of course, nothing works better than a Magic Jack if you have a computer and make regular calls to the U.S.

Edited by mauiguy90

HI,

I am using a sim international card that I picked up at 7/11 and have been calling the U.S from Thailand mobile to mobile for around 1bht per minute, not sure if still available, and not sure about price to a landline. Same card as mentioned above by Mauiguy90.

Jay

jap.gif

Edited by Newguy70

I use an internet/computer package called www.voipcheap.com that gives free calls to most 1st world countries' land lines so long as you buy 500 baht credit once every 90 days. Calls to cellphones are a lot cheaper than Skype and the call quality is not quite up to Skype but it is still very very good.

IT also works with IPhone and Android phones!

BB

Edited by Badbanker