Songkran Pictures

JulienBkk

Hi All,

I was looking around and didn't see any topic about the latest Songkran event.

Did you dare taking your camera out around with you (and how did you protect it)?

Did you get some nice shots?

On my side, I took the camera a couple of hours with me, screwed a plastic bag to the lens with my polarizing filter and wrap the body with cooking film.

I tried to be very careful with the whole setup and my 60D ended up in good condition.

Here are some shots I took, around my place:

p469024399-4.jpg

p372773411-4.jpg

And more of them available here: http://juliencarmina...vents-song-kran

If I may add a link, the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is also offering nice prices through a contest of Songkran pictures.

More info on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/notes/mandarin-oriental-bangkok/facebook-photo-competition-what-is-your-favourite-songkran-moment-and-why/10150101551622221

Concerning the prices :

PRIZES

Entrants have a chance to win the following:

Grand Prize x 1 – 1 night for 2 persons in a Deluxe River View room, with Breakfast by the river, Dinner at Sala Rim Naam Restaurant and a bottle of champagne. Total value at THB 35,000.

2nd Prize x 1 – Voucher of BBQ International buffet for 2 persons with value at THB 5,500.

3rd Prize x 2 – Voucher of 1 Signature treatment at the Oriental Spa and Ayurvedic Penthouse with value at THB 5,300 per prize.

I am not working there, so this is no advertising, just sharing...I hope this post is complying forum's rules.

• 5 months later...

I had an 18 to 200 Nikon Lens so I wasn't too worried about getting wet. But I still had to be very mindful about getting splashed. It was a lot of fun taking these photos. If I were around 30 years younger, I might not have been able to take these photos without getting wet. Sometime being middle aged has its advantages.

I had an 18 to 200 Nikon Lens so I wasn't too worried about getting wet. But I still had to be very mindful about getting splashed. It was a lot of fun taking these photos. If I were around 30 years younger, I might not have been able to take these photos without getting wet. Sometime being middle aged has its advantages.

I know what you mean, toybits. I usually carry my Nikon SLR everywhere, all the time, except when I'm otherwise occupied. The 18 to 200 lense is a good one and you can crop out a lot that you don't need and sill have an acceptible picture for the internet. As you probably know by now, I like to tell stories with pictures. However, when my camera is threatened by water it usually goes into a waterproof bag. During Songkran I would stay well back from the "Action". I don't mind getting wet, but for that I'll move in close and use my little Pentax waterproof camera. The Pentax has some limitations, but it serves my purpose if there is enough light and sujects aren't moving too quickly for the camera to focus. Otherwise I have to pre-guess the distance and put the camera on manual focus.