Fun Dives In Samui?

"in" samui none, even surrounding waters are not too attractive it seems, but there are plenty of dive operators who will take your friend to a dive site either sail rock or around the water off Ko Tao...check 'em out!

Edited by Samuian

For the try dive that you're looking for, Koh Tao is a lot more adequate compared to Sail Rock, which is more/ideally a dive site for more experienced divers, nonetheless, experience dives can be conducted there as well.

If you would like more information about diving from Samui, please feel free to PM me.

I know a dive company in Lamai who offer a morning swimming pool training session followed by a trial dive at Silver Beach. They offer a shore dive but the visibility is hardly ever good down there. If you just want a bit of experience though it might be worth it. Failing that a day trip to Koh Tao is the only option - leave at 7am, return around 4pm to your hotel. PM me if you want contact details :)

SBK, that is indeed a very nice spot to dive and some local Phangan dive operators will use this for their dive trips, however, Samui based boats will only use this as an alternative site in case the main site is not reachable, since this almost exclusively happens during bad weather conditions that Samui boats visit there, unfortunately the Samui boats and it's divers never get to see Koh Maa in mint conditions.

SBK, that is indeed a very nice spot to dive and some local Phangan dive operators will use this for their dive trips, however, Samui based boats will only use this as an alternative site in case the main site is not reachable, since this almost exclusively happens during bad weather conditions that Samui boats visit there, unfortunately the Samui boats and it's divers never get to see Koh Maa in mint conditions.

That could possibly explain why Koh Maa is still in the condition it is in compared to many of the unfortunate sites on Koh Tao. Shhhhhhh :ph34r:

Imjustagirl Hi, Find a company that will give you a free try dive in a pool before you book up for a discover scuba dive. The last thing you want to be doing is paying for it, spending an hour or so getting there only to find that it is not for you. :D

You're not blaming the state of Koh Tao sites on the Samui based divers, are you? unsure.gif

No, No, not at all, just saying that the sites less visited are often in better condition than those with a few hundred people splashing around them every week!:whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Guests report the fun dives off Koh Mah om Koh Phangan as being very good if a trip to Koh Tao seems long

It is a good spot, shame that all the tour boats and longtails reguarly drop their anchors.......even so it is a nice place to snorkel and dive.

Imjustagirl Hi, Find a company that will give you a free try dive in a pool before you book up for a discover scuba dive. The last thing you want to be doing is paying for it, spending an hour or so getting there only to find that it is not for you. :D

H2oDunc

do you know off hand of any cmpaines that do this in samui, even when i lived in spain loads of hotels offered this, but i have never seen ' free ' one hour test session in a hotel in samui ( although it is a really good marketing tool to get people to start diving )

H2oDunc

do you know off hand of any cmpaines that do this in samui, even when i lived in spain loads of hotels offered this, but i have never seen ' free ' one hour test session in a hotel in samui ( although it is a really good marketing tool to get people to start diving )

Boater,

Plenty of hotels around the island offer this, free Discover Scuba at the pool, especially in Chaweng, but also on other beaches.

Got nothing to with Thailand Nalak, is dive industry standard worldwide.

Don't forget we're talking a one dive experience, not a full dive course.

Edited by limbos