Tt Vs Money Changers

Lately I have seen extremely good rates for TT's. I know it costs 1.1% for a TT to be issued yet as far as I know that is the full cost.

Whilst it may not compete with non bank money changers like Super Rich or SK it gather the safest bet in transfering large sums in person.

TT's seem to get 3-4% or so better rates. Any views on money transfers of over 20k per time.

Eg. I found banks with a AUD rate of 30bt per $1... yet TT being 31bt. Yet Super RIch was still 31.7, so always better to take cash yet typically 10k limit, or 20k on entering Thai. Not that Thai would care...

I would also be interested to know if there is any possible way to transfer dollars for a minimal fee. So a non bank money changer can give the absolute best change over price.

In past couple of years simply got used to taking 15-20k in cash every few months then transfering at best rate exchange. Yet for larger purchases seems an electronic transfer will certainly loss out on a 10K-20K bt, as all rates are a rip off.

Any thoughts?????????? Appreciated.... Cheers JAY

I found banks with a AUD rate of 30bt per $1... yet TT being 31bt. Yet Super RIch was still 31.7, so always better to take cash yet typically 10k limit, or 20k on entering Thai.

SuperRich bought yesterday AUD cash @ 31.60, my bank (SCB) paid on TT 31.44 - i pay for swifting any amount CHF 20 (AUD ~21) and 500 Baht on the receiving end.

my question is therefore: "where's the beef running around with the risk of carrying AUD 10k cash in the pocket and later the risk >THB 300k cash?"

:huh: