Looking For A Nice Long Term House

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a house to rent that might meet my requirments? I have rented the same house in Hua hin for 18 months now, but I need to find a new place - something a little bigger. I have spent many hours driving around looking out for 'for rent' signs on houses but I have not seen much. The agency websites all seem a little over priced for what they are offering.

So I am kinda stuck.

Idealy I am looking for something along these lines;

1) Large 2 bedroom with nice seperate kitchen

2) furnished or unfurnished - eitther way (i have my own furniture)

3) Budget 20,000 to 30,000

4) Swimming pool not essential but would be nice

5) Must have large garden as I have 2 large dogs

6) Must be walled off and secure

7) Anywhere within a 20km area of Hua Hin - Cha Am is ok for me also. I would prefer north of Hua Hin or North of Cha Am idealy but if the property is nice i could happily go a little south

I am not too keen on living in a large Moo Baan with lots of neighbors all around me. By the same token I dont want to live in complete wilderness. Something half way would be nice.... A nice house surrounded by greenery and nature but not totaly isolated

If anyone knows of anything please do let me know! I hope I am not asking for too much but there must be something out there.... I just cant find it.

Thanks so much

CO

pity you want something so 'flash' as there are houses in Cha Am for 5-7 K per month but they appear not to suit your needs.

PJ park has a soi of Farang with places to rent and sell but I feel they might need some work to 'tidy' them up.

Thanks for the reply. Yup to be honest a 5-7k house wouldnt realy suit my needs. I work from home busting my chops 16 hours a day and deserve a little luxury. Not to sound snobby but I dont think a 5k house is going to be too flashy.

I wouldnt realy want to live on a soi full of ferang to be honest - I prefer to keep to myself and do my own thing.

Thanks though, appreciate the reply.

pity you want something so 'flash' as there are houses in Cha Am for 5-7 K per month but they appear not to suit your needs.

PJ park has a soi of Farang with places to rent and sell but I feel they might need some work to 'tidy' them up.

Thanks for the reply. Yup to be honest a 5-7k house wouldnt realy suit my needs. I work from home busting my chops 16 hours a day and deserve a little luxury. Not to sound snobby but I dont think a 5k house is going to be too flashy.

I wouldnt realy want to live on a soi full of ferang to be honest - I prefer to keep to myself and do my own thing.

Thanks though, appreciate the reply.

Try the Smor Prong area. There are a lot of houses for rent that suit your needs. Mountain vill springs to mind.

Edited by martindavies

Thanks Martin. Thats the Tipiwan area, yup? I drove around there for a good few hours but all I could find was Moo Baan type areas. I have nothing against Moo Baans, I just like the idea of having a little space thats all.

Ideal place would be a 2 or 3 bedroom house, under a couple years old, with at least half a rai of walled of garden and the nearest neighbors 50 yards away.

I spent a couple of hours driving around an area I hav not been to before today. Its north west of Cha Am in an area that seems to be a small national park. Very green and lush, mountains, only a couple miles from the sea. It looked like a perfect area but I couldnt see anything around.

I am meeting an estate agent tomorow

Any more ideas would be appreciated though

Thanks so much

CO

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldnt bother helping this guy...as he likes to keep people hanging around for two hours without even having the decency to answer his phone and say he is busy/not interested etc.........

Edited by katabeachbum
flaming removed

That's out of order and to be honest, you have just totally shot yourself in the foot. I was sold on the place and all I needed to do was show my girlfriend who stays over at the weekends. That was the plan - and that is exactly what I told YOUR girlfriend/wife the morning before I was due to go over and take a second look - but I lost my phone, passport and a couple of other bits literally 2 hours before I was due to go over. I only just got them back Sunday morning. After I played golf *I think* I put my golf shoe bag (which I use to keep my personal bits when I'm in the buggy) on the roof of the car as I left the golf course because it had been handed in by one of the gardeners who found the bag at the corner of the club entrance. You can confirm this with the Banyan staff if it makes you feel better!

Your out of order pal - yes I should have called on Sunday when I got my phone back but I planned to sort everything out today. I drove over to look at the house last week and spent a good 30 minutes looking around so I am certainly no 'tire kicker' and if I wasn't interested, why would I ask for a second viewing? It was ME who asked if I could come and take a second look - why would I request this if I was not interested????

Also I was told by your gf/wife that she lives there. If she does, it's hardly a big issue that she 'waited around' considering that she is there anyway?

So thanks for coming on an open forum and knocking me. Let me just say - I hope you never go into the property business because with an attitude like that you won't have too many sales.

Unbelievable.

• 4 weeks later...

Sunshine Vista 4 there will only be 8 houses on the street,I am thinking of buying to rent,would you be interested,3 bedroom with pool 2 bathrooms 1 en suite

:o Becarefull mate, you will get 'Bodger Builder's" hiding behind they're vitual name conning you into one of their building's. Most of these builders are now finding it hard so will resort to all method's and scam's. Be carefull of pm's also

Have a look at Manora in Khao Tao 7km from Hua Hin, really nice development.

North of Hua Hin is mainly condo's, sounds your best bet is Cha Am, property's on the outskirts have a decent piece of land and seclusion.

HAVE A DRIVE AROUND, BEST WAY. :jap:

• 5 weeks later...