Canning/Mason Glass Jars - Where To Find / Buy Them?

aquaponeer

Have been looking for weeks for heavy duty glass food canning jars, otherwise known as Ball or Mason jars.

Everywhere I see in JJ Market and other glass shops have thin cheap glass for flowers and the like. Canning jars are thicker and heavy duty and can be pressure cooked for canning. i saw one shop in JJ market that had a bit thicker glass, but it was not a mason jar, and they wanted 180THB for one. for a 12 pack thats 2160THB (or 30 USD$) . outrageous. they should be 9-15$ for a case of 12 jars in the US. What gives?

The US has them everywhere, you can buy in hardware stores, they are called BALL Jars.

I need

Quart WIDEMOUTH Mason Jars :

www . canningpantry . com/ball-quart-wide-mouth. html

AND

Pint WIDEMOUTH Mason Jars:

www . canningpantry . com/pint-wide-mouth. html

Does anyone know where these might be found?

Thanks in advance for your time.

• 5 months later...

Cant you just use old mayo, pickle, jam jars etc......... obviously the seal will not be as good but depends what you want to store and for how long.

Dint find anything for 'wide mouth' jars' so I searched on American jars :jap:and found Chabatree.

http://www.chabatree.com/en/

They seem to have a selection of jars available in BKK

Edited by Gers1873

Verasu has Leifheit jars which are great for preserving. Sort of diamond shape, rather than round, so you can fit three in a pan more conveniently. Save storage space, too. And rather than replacing the whole cap, you just replace the seal.