Weekend In Pattaya With Thai Girlfriend

luxecat

Hi All,

My thai girlfriend and I are arriving in Pattaya the first weekend in May. Neither of us have ever been there but want to see it.

Can anyone suggest a clean, safe hotel with a pool, up to 1500 baht. Other than eating seafood and people watching, is there any other things the thais like to do there?

Thanks

Khao Kheow Open Zoo is a nice day out, but don't let them force you to the side to pay 300 baht(Foreigner price. A new development) instead of the usual 100 baht Adult price, especially if you are with Thai partner. It's just pathetic. They claim that you get a couple of shows chucked in for the extra cash, but what if you aren't interested in the 'shows'?

Hmmmm, don't really know what non BG Thai girls like to do, but there seems to be an awful lot of them in Central every weekend.

You say you're only staying the weekend, which doesn't give you much time. However, it's enough to fit in a visit to Nong Nooch gardens and the Temple of Truth, both of which are amazing, plus either Tiffanies or Alcazar. Saturday night would be Walking Street, best after 10 pm.

Don't bother with Koh Larn, unless she's mad about sea food.

The Apex hotel is OK. The staff weren't very friendly when I stayed there, but if it's only for a couple of days, who cares?

Nong Nooch is nice if she doesn't mind walking around in the sun and heat for a few hours?

Underwater World is OK if you've not been to one before, and use your ticket for half price admission to the Tuxedo Magic Show on North Rd. in the evening.

Do you have transport to get to the places out and around Pattaya? If you have a Thai drivers license then you can get into most places for the Thai price, except Alcazar but Tiffany will give you a discount.

I would think there's lots of hotels under 1,500 Baht, Welcome Plaza is only 800 Baht, Asia Pattaya is about 1,500 baht, check on Agoda.

Every non BG want to see sex show.

J hotel is new and cool, managed by Jxxxx, he use to live in NY city, single and knows the drill. Last time I was there he let me borrow his Teana.

I dont know if the rooms are same size, but NYSE can trade in the one I stayed in.

I don't know the age of your girlfriend.

But I believe the reputation of Pattaya is known to both of you and you chose that weekend destination for a reason, so will include the seedy side of the city.

So I would certainly recommend doing a walk down beach road after midnight and then some people watching on walking street.

Regardless of what some other people might say, these 2 places are the heart of Pattaya, at night, at least.

Also visit a couple of gogo bars with "shows".

Your GF might also be interested to see a "boys show".

The evening can be begun with watching one of the world famous ladyboy shows.

I would recommend Alcazar over Tiffany.

Later in the night, if you like, you can visit a disco. Insomnia seems to be popular, but there are plenty of other discos. The non-walking-street discos are rather empty since the decline of tourism.

During the day:

I wouldn't recommend swimming in the waters around Pattaya, inspite Russians doing it every day. But their immune system is probably as hardened as a Thai's.

Koh Larn is a tourist trap, but the water is much cleaner.

If you want swim in the ocean, though, Koh Larn might be your best option around Pattaya, together with the Navy's beaches around Sattahip (Hat Sai Kheo for example).

If you opt for Koh Larn, be sure to leave the main beaches and get a lift (or rent a motorbike for the day) to go to another of the island's 7 or 8 beaches. There is a small network of paved and cobbled roads.

Another option would be to charter a boat and to go to one of the remote islands for a day of desert island atmosphere.

Of the "attractions" around Pattaya, the least boring one is probably Nong Nuch gardens if you watch the shows and don't lose too much time there otherwise.

Depending on which distractions are available where you live, you might also be interested in a bungee jump, karting, shooting 9mm guns or M16, ...

And then there is also the "Alangkarn" Thai cultural show, which is said to be very good (I never visited).

Areca Lodge might be right for you. In the middle of town. easy to walk to soi bukhao and catch a baht bus in either direction, or walk down to second road and catch a baht bus north. Easy walk down to the beach. Hotel has a decent pool. Flipper Lodge or Hotel both have decent roof top pools with decent views. Right in the middle of the action if that is what you want.

Nong nooch botanical gardens really are beautiful. 1 million year crocodil park is OK too. Stop into the local Wat Thai, Wat Chaimongkol. I apologize for spelling it wrong. Walk up the big buddha hill. Nice view of the water and the town. 20 foot tall buddha statue is nice to see. Check out the chinese garden and buildings just below it. The park up there is green and peaceful. A bit of a contrast from "downtown" Pattaya.

Of course a trip to walking street at night. As many go-gos as the two of you can stand. Some street entertainment is OK, jugglers, mimes, etc.

All the usual stuff like billiards, bowling, movies etc. Garden mall outlook of the water on the upper floors is nice. Jomtien beach around the point is decent. Of course plenty of Foot massages around.

Some very good falang food. Some nice German restaurants and the domicile austrian place of course. Plenty of English places. had a full english breakfast lately? Lamb on sundays on soi bukhao. Lots of sunday carvery's around.

As far as the Thais, there are some hole in the wall kareoke places around. I never realy find much local stuff that might be considered something just the Thais would do. I defer to the local posters.

Rhuen Thai restaurant has OK food, but I like it because they have a Thai traditional music group and dancers. Semi-outdoor seating. Makes for a nice experience. Will be hot and humid in Thailand in May, but at night should be OK.

I think you can get a room in the metropole in Soi Diana for that sort of money,its a beautiful hotel and a class above,as for things to do,i do'nt know if you are mobile,but there are places like,Jurassic park,crocodile farm,Lobert Lippeley's believe it or not,Alcazar and the temple of solitude to say the least.However if it's your first time here and your girlfriend is open minded,then Walking street is worth a visit...good luck and enjoy your stay