Tot Iternet

fredob43

Have had TOT 8m/b for the last year 1,000bt+vat a month average power 5+mb. Might be faster in BKK. Changed last week to their 6m/b set up. Still get 5+m/b price now 590bt+ a month. Here's one happy bunny. Just thought that it might be of interest to some peep's that were thinking of getting it or already have it.

Edited by fredob43

I'm happy too! I pay 890, get 7+ downstream and 0.8+ up in Thailand except at peak times 9 saturday pm/night). I get about 3+ from the UK.

Watched Channel 4oD stream last night. only got a little buffering around 9.30 otherwise 1hour.15 minutes uninterrupted!

I live in the sticks in San Kamphaeng so really pleased. Things are improving year on year.

the service is pretty reliable too and the helpine seems to work!

I'm aiming to move long term to the Lamtamanchai area in Khorat later this year.

Previously my wife had a TOT line into the property (2008) but now unused/disconnected(not actually sure which)

Assuming it can be done is it a case of off to the local TOT office in Khumen and asking for connection of the landline and either of the packages mentioned in this thread for internet ??

Chivas

We shifted house recently (rural Chanthaburi) and TOT is the only provider available here, went there this morning they have posters and brochures (in Thai of course!) for the various options as mentioned above, lady recommended the 590 baht deal which seems the best option for us.

As we have leased a property, waiting on the owner to go in to TOT as they need to see the property owner's tabien baan/house book and his ID before setting up a new connection.

Having managed on an Edge aircard for the past 13 months any improvement will be a real luxury.

Chivas

We shifted house recently (rural Chanthaburi) and TOT is the only provider available here, went there this morning they have posters and brochures (in Thai of course!) for the various options as mentioned above, lady recommended the 590 baht deal which seems the best option for us.

As we have leased a property, waiting on the owner to go in to TOT as they need to see the property owner's tabien baan/house book and his ID before setting up a new connection.

Having managed on an Edge aircard for the past 13 months any improvement will be a real luxury.

Great-keep the thread updated etc ??

Regards-Chivas

• 3 weeks later...

I have internet!

took a little longer than expected - their '7-day installation' wasn't exactly right, but a TOT man did call in on the 5th working day to see what was required.

It's a new house in a street with no existing wiring; they came back a week later and wired from the intersection to the post outside the house, then post to house, suppled modem and 2m cable from modem to laptop, tested it all worked, got me to shut-down and re-start to ensure I was happy all working ok. Technician/installer gave me his cell number in case I had any problems.

Cost was 700 baht.

Works fine.