Pouder Coating Paintjob

dagling

easiest way by far.................go a local hardware store and buy a spray can of etch primer and a can of grey (choose from colour charts available). Hang the sprocket on a horozontal wire tru one of the bolt holes (or fishing nylon) and spray it yourself. ( outside where the fumes overspray will disperse. (not drift onto your bike or wifes washing etc) Its so easy u cant go wrong. Its same as what u would pay a spray shop to do anyway.

Powder coating cannot be compared to something you can do with a spray paint can. A correctly applied powder coating layer can withstand much more abuse than a regular paint layer.

In Khon Kaen I would have no idea about companies doing powder coating but in Bangkok you can find enough. Did you try searching the internet for “powder coating Thailand” or “powder coating Khon Kaen”?

You also have Richie-Richard http://richcopowdercoating.com/ who does special powder coating jobs... Most companies you will find in Thailand only want to do big orders...

i dont know if i would powder coat a pully, i think id go with anodizing instead.

Yes I would have to agree with anodising as a better option. Actually hardens the outer layer of aluminium too. However colour choice would be very limited in LOS I suspect? (If that is an issue?)

With powder coating or painting the coating would need stop at the bottom of the chain (the sprocket teeeth left un coated) as any paint or powder coat on the teeth will very qickly wear of, clogging the chain. I suspect then, the powder coating would separate off the remainder of the sprocket face also, and disintegrate quickly

Powder coating cannot be compared to something you can do with a spray paint can. A correctly applied powder coating layer can withstand much more abuse than a regular paint layer.

In Khon Kaen I would have no idea about companies doing powder coating but in Bangkok you can find enough. Did you try searching the internet for "powder coating Thailand" or "powder coating Khon Kaen"?

You also have Richie-Richard http://richcopowdercoating.com/ who does special powder coating jobs... Most companies you will find in Thailand only want to do big orders...

Richco do great power coating, I had a engine and frame done and still looks great and wasnt very expensive.

i dont know if i would powder coat a pully, i think id go with anodizing instead.

Yes I would have to agree with anodising as a better option. Actually hardens the outer layer of aluminium too. However colour choice would be very limited in LOS I suspect? (If that is an issue?)

You can have aluminum anodized in any color you like here in Thailand-

Ninja650RSlidersAnodizedSSR.jpg

Ninja650RSldrGrnAnodizeSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

easiest way by far.................go a local hardware store and buy a spray can of etch primer and a can of grey (choose from colour charts available). Hang the sprocket on a horozontal wire tru one of the bolt holes (or fishing nylon) and spray it yourself. ( outside where the fumes overspray will disperse. (not drift onto your bike or wifes washing etc) Its so easy u cant go wrong. Its same as what u would pay a spray shop to do anyway.

I'd agree with this. Unless the part is going to take tons of abuse then a primer followed by multiple thin layers of well applied spray paint will last ages.

I did the wheels on my KSR 2 years ago, cost me about 350 baht in spray paint (4-5 cans as I did LOTS of thin coats) and there's no sign of wear despite my curb hopping antics in and around Bangkok.