Islands Off Pattaya

theoldgit

My girlfriend and I regularly visit Pattaya for a night or two, she has said that next time we go she would like to spend an hour or two, or all day, on one of the islands you can see from Pattaya. She thinks that there is a regular boat service to these islands, is that the case? We have seen tours coming and going, but not a ferry type service.

Are these islands worth going to?

Thanks

Larn is a nice day out, you can also get a speed boat to the island if you don't fancy the ferry, last time I paid 1500 baht the boat waited till we were ready to return, I think the beach at the back of the island is better especially if you go early you get the beach to yourself for a couple of hours before the rest of the tourists arrive. Well worth the trip

My memories of Koh Larn are being sea sick on the boat trip out there, getting ripped off for food on the island, experiencing biting mites in the sea water, not being able to find a clean toilet and having to tip the driver of the long tail boat taking us back to our ferry.

The best part of the trip was arriving back at Pattaya. :whistling:

My memories of Koh Larn are being sea sick on the boat trip out there, getting ripped off for food on the island, experiencing biting mites in the sea water, not being able to find a clean toilet and having to tip the driver of the long tail boat taking us back to our ferry.

so no doubt definitely worth it ;)

hahaha

actually i think it is worth the trip

though anything can happen

story has it, the island is owned by the kingdom

therefore limited development

can anyone confirm?

if you look around a bit, you will find a gem

have not yet been to any of the other islands

please chime in people on those

enjoy

Do any of the locals know if there is safe parking near Bali Hi Pier?

There is a parking lot at the pier, but it is small and usually full. You'll probably have to park on one of the nearby sois. Just like most of Pattaya.

Do any of the locals know if there is safe parking near Bali Hi Pier?

there is also a car park behind the shopping mall opposite, you need to drive down the small ally next to the "Yellow Sub", by the way I went out to Koh Larn on my last trip out to Pattaya, certainly worth the 30B each-way.

If it just the beach you want best make sure you get a boat that is going to the Tein Pier or you will have to fork out for a Baht Bus to get you across the Island, (I think it was 40B for a two minute ride, though the views are fantastic as long as you do not look down).

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from Pattaya with side trip to Koh Larn, enjoyed Koh Larn very much and will certainly go back - will take a Russian phase book next time.

Took the return, 30 Baht, ferry to the main pier, and then the 30 Baht by to our selected beach. As someone said certainly very different to Pattaya, though our selected food vendor provided quality food at a reasonable price.

Grateful for all the advice.

Ditto,

We took a charter off Pattaya beach, slow boat belching black smoke,

stopped along the way for a little fishing and puking,

Between the engine noise, smoke and slow speed of the boat made everyone horribly sea sick.

Koh Lam was just a dirty little beach that funneled everyone into a gaggle of unrelenting beach vendors, crappy food and warm beer.

As mentioned by previous poster, best part of trip was returning to Pattaya.

Your results may vary,

Edited by cobra

Funny, isn't it?

I have always thought that the only worthwhile part of a trip to Koh Larn is the boat ride, and indeed the last time I did it (several years ago) I just came straight back. A very reasonably priced 2 hour cruise though, and I would do it again on a nice calm day.

A friend of mine who visited Pattaya for the first time this week described Koh Larn as a dirty, over-developed, over-priced dump full of the worst Russian tourists (many of whom seem to lodge there overnight, surprisingly). All the prices he quoted seemed to be about twice what they would be on the mainland.

Koh Larn is a 35 min ferry ride to a completely different experence from Pattaya. A couple of beautiful beaches and a more laid back pace. Worth the trip.

you mean litle rusia

two years ago i stopt going there

them jolly people taken ouy the water sea eagles coral and chasen the monkeys

post-62639-0-66466000-1307089734_thumb.j

post-62639-0-74115000-1307089763_thumb.j

post-62639-0-72059700-1307089826_thumb.j

post-62639-0-99714100-1307089840_thumb.j

post-62639-0-06228200-1307089863_thumb.j