The Search Is On To Find Thailand'S Prettiest Transgender

Rimmer

The Search is On to Find Thailand's Prettiest Transgender

PATTAYA: -- For 14th consecutive year, Tiffany Theather Pattaya is organizing the most talked about beauty pageant for transvestites and transgenders in the world, Miss Tiffany Universe. Last week, the excitement factor went up another notch as the last 30 contestants were picked to compete in the final round to be held May 6.

The 58 contestants from all over Thailand were taking part in the first elimination round held at Central World in Bangkok. Under hot spotlights on an adorned stage, the contestants went through a “reality show” style of judging as well as real time deliberation. Each was interviewed on stage and had to showcase their talents to meet the requirement of being beautiful inside and out, to fit this year's theme, “I'm So Beautiful.” Many wowed the judges and the audience with such diverse talents as linguistic and sports skills.

Full story HERE

pattayatimeslogo.png

-- Pattaya Times 2011-05-02 footer_n.gif

Poy Treechada, who was crowned Miss Tiffany Universe 2004 enjoying Pattaya Beach on a recent visit to the resort town.

post-22250-0-86964500-1304321669_thumb.p

I chanced across a TG's beauty pageant in Nong Khai a couple of years back. Whatever your views about katoey, I must say that it was an amazing Thai cultural experience. So much more interesting than these stilted cabaret shows and much cheaper. Take you camera if they have the same informality to the event when the formal bit breaks up - they just lurved giving me some great posed shots. Take a Thai girlfriend to hide behind if you're nervous - they just love it too.

Cue inappropriate comments from hairy pi$$-artists :rolleyes: