Where Do These Low Lifes Come From?

plachon

Just had a chat with a Thai friend who told me she'd just recently taken a long distance coach ride (VIP) up to the far extremes of Isan, but it was made ###### by the antics of one passenger.

Apparently, a farang (nationality unknown, but possibly "Swedish") and his Thai girlfriend were traveling too, quite likely on first visit to see her family in the boondocks. He was drunk and getting drunker as the journey went on, as he kept on insisting that the driver stop to let him get off and buy some beer. He was also smoking during the journey, making the whole bus smell. The nong tried to tell him it was against the rules to smoke, but he carried on anyway. My friend had a miserable, sleepless 12 hour journey as a result.

Now this is a typical case of greng jai gone too far. Of course the driver should have told the farang to stop smoking and he couldn't stop for beer, or he would have to be left on the side of the road. But this being Thailand, and not wanting to make a scene, the good of the majority was sacrificed for the selfish pursuit of a single person. It doesn't always work out this way, but I've frequently witnessed similar scenarios to the one above and wondered why people don't exercise their majority rights more. :D

As for the vile farang specimen, lets hope when he got to the GF's house, he was so rude and disrespectful to the family (almost a dead certainty, given his bus behaviour), that the local lads decided to rearrange his teeth and facial layout. It is people like this that Thailand needs like a dose of the clap and muddies the water for the majority. :o

I'm sure this theme has been aired many times before, but it's still worth telling, in the happy event that even one person reading adjusts their behaviour even a smidgeon to be more culturally sensitive to Thai ways. (Not that yobbos read!) :D

That's a disgrace. It just highlights the fact that some people have no interest in learning the culture or doing the slightest bit of research before going to Thailand - common sense, but some people obviously don't have any.

Plachon - what makes you think he was from Patters? Trust me we don't need that sort there either.

Driver - should have booted him out -plain and simple.

Nowt, apart from the fact that 9 out of 10 slobs make Patters their second port of call after the delights of BKK have been exhausted, and luckily most of them never make it further for the remains of their hols. This makes the rest of Thailand relatively farang lowlife-free, apart from the odd maggot that gets taken to see the rellies in Isan for a deserved shakedown. :o

If only they would only succumb to slippery balcony syndrome on the day of departure, our lives would be so much happier here in Isan. :D

Plachon - what makes you think he was from Patters? Trust me we don't need that sort there either.

Driver - should have booted him out -plain and simple.

Nowt, apart from the fact that 9 out of 10 slobs make Patters their second port of call after the delights of BKK have been exhausted, and luckily most of them never make it further for the remains of their hols. This makes the rest of Thailand relatively farang lowlife-free, apart from the odd maggot that gets taken to see the rellies in Isan for a deserved shakedown. :o

If only they would only succumb to slippery balcony syndrome on the day of departure, our lives would be so much happier here in Isan. :D

Chang Mai - seems a likely origin point for our unidentified scandanavian drunk. :D

Edited by britmaveric

Yipee! not British!!!!

:o

Seriously though, it usually is us Brits and it makes me both angry and ashamed, but unfortunatly, Thailand attracts people who like to have a good time in the company of nice, easy going people, and pondlife tossers like this <deleted> are becoming more and more common as word gets around the scumbag drinking holes in the West.

It makes us angry because one day the Thai's may put their foot down in a way that makes us decent farangs suffer for the shortcomings of these <deleted>, and as decent foreigners enjoy a drink as much as the next man, good or bad, drunk is drunk, and we can't let the idiots rule the association of drink + farang.

Give them all a bad time and hopefully they will eventually sod off to the Phillipines or better still, back to Benidorm.

C'mon Brit, admit it, you know in your heart that the guy was pure Pattaya style. :D  :o

Doesn't mean I have to like it!!! :D Perhaps we can get PCN to conduct an undercover investigation into this matter? :D

Side note: another unidentified scandanavian I ran into a number of years ago in Patters - saw him nonstop for nearly a month pissed from sun up to sun down. (I believe he wanted to be pickled.) To this day not sure if he made it back to his home country. :D

Edited by britmaveric

I have heard that Scandinavians are brilliant at drinking contests. They always win.

They literally die in the bar, rather than lose.

In some of the photos that the bars have on their 'wall of honour' (a few, not like hundreds!), they are propping up blond corpses for their mugshot.

Yipee! not British!!!!

:o

Seriously though, it usually is us Brits and it makes me both angry and ashamed, but unfortunatly, Thailand attracts people who like to have a good time in the company of nice, easy going people, and pondlife tossers like this <deleted> are becoming more and more common as word gets around the scumbag drinking holes in the West.

It makes us angry because one day the Thai's may put their foot down in a way that makes us decent farangs suffer for the shortcomings of these <deleted>, and as decent foreigners enjoy a drink as much as the next man, good or bad, drunk is drunk, and we can't let the idiots rule the association of drink + farang.

Give them all a bad time and hopefully they will eventually sod off to the Phillipines or better still, back to Benidorm.

Come off it Scamp, whilst you was here you liked a drink and a tart as much as the next man, plus the timeshare work, whats makes you so decent? Not having a personal pop really Scamp, but what I'm saying is don't throw stones and all that.

I know this guy behaved badly on a shitty bus journey but maybe one day he settles with his gf, cuts down the booze, starts a family etc.

I expect a lot of us on our first trips over were a bit messy at first, give the dude a chance. Many of us got a chance over here that we deserved, Neeranam will be the first dude to tell you about the changes he went through when he settled in Thailand.

Yep, the greng jai thing went too far, they should have thrown him off the bus to teach him his first lesson in politeness. :D

Edited by bkkmadness

Swedish or not (I wouldn't be surprised if he was, there's plenty where I come from), these types are bound to get what they deserve sooner or later - even if he was lucky enough to not get thrown out during the bus ride there will definitely come a moment when somebody does not put up with his crap.

If he has any cash he'll be taken to the cleaners by the girl too, hopefully. She is hardly seeing him for his charming personality.

Just had a chat with a Thai friend who told me she'd just recently taken a long distance coach ride (VIP) up to the far extremes of Isan, but it was made ###### by the antics of one passenger.

Apparently, a farang (nationality unknown, but possibly "Swedish") and his Thai girlfriend were traveling too, quite likely on first visit to see her family in the boondocks. He was drunk and getting drunker as the journey went on, as he kept on insisting that the driver stop to let him get off and buy some beer. He was also smoking during the journey, making the whole bus smell. The nong tried to tell him it was against the rules to smoke, but he carried on anyway. My friend had a miserable, sleepless 12 hour journey as a result.

Now this is a typical case of greng jai gone too far. Of course the driver should have told the farang to stop smoking and he couldn't stop for beer, or he would have to be left on the side of the road. But this being Thailand, and not wanting to make a scene, the good of the majority was sacrificed for the selfish pursuit of a single person. It doesn't always work out this way, but I've frequently witnessed similar scenarios to the one above and wondered why people don't exercise their majority rights more.  :D

As for the vile farang specimen, lets hope when he got to the GF's house, he was so rude and disrespectful to the family (almost a dead certainty, given his bus behaviour), that the local lads decided to rearrange his teeth and facial layout. It is people like this that Thailand needs like a dose of the clap and muddies the water for the majority.  :o

I'm sure this theme has been aired many times before, but it's still worth telling, in the happy event that even one person reading adjusts their behaviour even a smidgeon to be more culturally sensitive to Thai ways. (Not that yobbos read!)  :D

At first I was scared this guy was french! He is not french but deserves to die anyway! One Kreng jai Thai should have got mad (as they are when they cannot control themselves anymore) and open his belly!

A bit too much? Sorry!

Reminds me of when me and the wife got a bus from BKK to Pattaya last year...

We were sat in our seats and an American guy got on and made his way to the back where he was sat.. I knew he was Amercian because he asked us about how the seat numbers worked. Anyway he settled himself down next to a women and immediately dug out a bottle of whisky and a glass. Well he drunk all the way to Pattaya... even offering glasses to those sat near him, my wife said she felt bad for the lady next to him, who was looking more and more uncomfortable, especially as he kept trying to get her to drink whiskey with him, and of course she was far too polite...

Anyway.. he didn't really cause any problems, but he was a little loud, and possibly a slight nuisance to those near to him...

There is a time and a place for everything.. I don't think sat on a crowded bus was either the time or the place for that... but he was obviously intent on starting his trip as he meant to go on.. :o

totster :D

We were sat in our seats and an American guy got on and made his way to the back where he was sat.. I knew he was Amercian because he asked us about how the seat numbers worked.  Anyway he settled himself down next to a women and immediately dug out a bottle of whisky and a glass.  Well he drunk all the way to Pattaya... even offering glasses to those sat near him, my wife said she felt bad for the lady next to him, who was looking more and more uncomfortable, especially as he kept trying to get her to drink whiskey with him,  and of course she was far too polite...

Anyway.. he didn't really cause any problems, but he was a little loud, and possibly a slight nuisance to those near to him...

There is a time and a place for everything.. I don't think sat on a crowded bus was either the time or the place for that... but he was obviously intent on starting his trip as he meant to go on..  :o

totster  :D

Bloody misery of coach travel and it reaffirms my belief that private car hire is the only way to go!!!

We were sat in our seats and an American guy got on and made his way to the back where he was sat.. I knew he was Amercian because he asked us about how the seat numbers worked.  Anyway he settled himself down next to a women and immediately dug out a bottle of whisky and a glass.  Well he drunk all the way to Pattaya... even offering glasses to those sat near him, my wife said she felt bad for the lady next to him, who was looking more and more uncomfortable, especially as he kept trying to get her to drink whiskey with him,  and of course she was far too polite...

There is a time and a place for everything.. I don't think sat on a crowded bus was either the time or the place for that... but he was obviously intent on starting his trip as he meant to go on..  :o

I knew one of us americans would come up on this subject . You know who most of the culprates are , is those who dont travel much . Thats my 2 cents

I knew one of us americans would come up on this subject . You know who most of the culprates are , is those who dont travel much . Thats my 2 cents

Sorry Jircon.. it wasn't my intention to have a bash at Americans in general.. reading it maybe i should have just said farang..

totster :D