Selling On Ebay And Processing For Reliable Delivery

Hello, I am a seller on ebay and already selling low cost items and cosmetics. Now, I found a new niche which has bigger profit margin but high costs. I would like to know which is the best and reliable delivery option for this? I know there are courier like EMS, DHL and FedEx but they are quite expensive. I do not need speedy delivery but the most secure option to prevent from frauds, stolen and missing. My products weigh about 1 kg and I will charge about 600baht for shipping. If someone here could suggest me on this, it is highly appreciated.

make the most of it before ebay bend you over and shaft you in the backside like every other seller in Thailand

They surely would do that, won't they, in southeast asia.

Some would even opens up a similar store, even as close to yours as possible.

They just do not have the globally acceptable standards of professionalism and working ethics, as yet, mind you. :blink:

Besides, the owners feel very proud that they are able to pop up a store just next to your successful biz. :huh:

Airmail registered or not won't allow you to track your parcel abroad, so it's useless (tracking for airmail works only in Thailand)

The only option is EMS and it costs 900 thb to US (1kg), 1 week delivery maximum even with slow US customs...

Why Ebay would dump sellers ? Another urban legend ?

Check post office prices here:

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

yes i found what worked best for me was to get a account with FedEx costs 6000 baht for 25 kilos in a big box.. and send to the main country your going to be sending to and then if you have someone there who can post again.. i got the invoice total for half the total amount as you will have to pay customs.. but in the long run will save alot of time and money i did this for a long time.. but now i have stopped using ebay as it was getting unfair as a seller.. bending over backwards for the buyer even after item is lost in post issue full refunds etc to still receive negative feedback!! some ebay buyers very particular people and a pain to deal with.. and if its your word against theres ebay will fight for the buyer.. after over 1000 positive feedbacks i didnt receive any feed back from some buyers 2-3 months after transaction and ebay put seller limit on my account so i could not add or edit any of my items after 2 months my item list was half as i could not upload any new items and i was paying for a big shop package every month.. so got out before it was too late.. big shame as its a great way to make extra cash

Airmail registered or not won't allow you to track your parcel abroad, so it's useless (tracking for airmail works only in Thailand)

The only option is EMS and it costs 900 thb to US (1kg), 1 week delivery maximum even with slow US customs...

Most countries do show registered mail online when delivered and with a mis-delivery as in no one home, registered mail numbers then act as tracking numbers.

So your "useless" statement is perhaps an error.... smiling

Also the OP has a 600 baht budget so EMS is not likely to work.

1 week delivery is not always true. EMS can easily take 2 weeks to America when things are slow or longer... I know because we apply for and get refunds from the Thai post office when EMS is late.

Edited by TravelerEastWest

Most countries do show registered mail online when delivered and with a mis-delivery as in no one home, registered mail numbers then act as tracking numbers.

So your "useless" statement is perhaps an error.... smiling

Also the OP has a 600 baht budget so EMS is not likely to work.

1 week delivery is not always true. EMS can easily take 2 weeks to America when things are slow or longer... I know because we apply for and get refunds from the Thai post office when EMS is late.

I would be surprised if you could tell me which country show an airmail parcel as delivered, because it never happened to me and i am shipping worldwide... And you said MOST countries, so pleaase provide a complete list :-)

EMS takes more than 1 week only when US customs are slow, but EMS does not refund if the parcel arrived less than 1 week to US after shipping but has not been delivered in time because of US customs.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for evidence, and i would love to be wrong because it would show that Thai post has improved its service.

Registered mail to the USA can be tracked here after a delivery attempt is made and delivery is also shown http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

The US post office is responsible for the information. Why do you mention the Thai post office?

As a side note mailmen often are sloppy about leaving delivery attempt notes - they forget or put them in a bad place etc.

Also some countries like Taiwan will actually call people if regsitered mail cannot be delivered. Great service.

"EMS takes more than 1 week only when US customs are slow, but EMS does not refund if the parcel arrived less than 1 week to US after shipping but has not been delivered in time because of US customs."

You are simply wrong - we get refunds on a regular basis - from late EMS that has nothing to do with customs.

You are correct that sometimes the post office will not make a refund claiming that customs help up a package. Personally I have my doubts as to how often customs is to blame but there is not much we can do about those times when they blame customs.

The US mail is quite slow these days - the same package mailed via registered airmail to the UK takes around a week while it takes 3 weks on average to the US. Why - I don't know...

I am not familiar with shipping from Thailand, but I have received many packages from China. I am also very familiar with eBay.

What payment method do you accept? I will assume PayPal since you didn't say. As you are probably aware. PayPal needs some type of delivery confirmation. If you don't have that and someone makes a claim, you lose.

I know that small registered packages sent using Hong Kong Post and China Post are tracked by the USPS once USPS has it. The tracking info is rather poor, but you will usually know when a package was delivered. You mentioned the carries are expensive. How expensive? Did you ask? What about UPS, is that an option in Thailand?

You said you do not need speedy. The buyer wants speedy! Even if you clearly say the item will take two weeks for delivery and they receive in 2 weeks, they will complain about shipping time. Some may leave negative feedback. Want proof? Look for a Thailand based eBay seller that ships large items. Look at their feedback.

Well for what its worth?

Regarding Postage Rates,I have a Thai Friend who was at one time into exporting fresh fruit and vegetables to Europe,

and having seen his Paperwork,the costs of flying the Products out of Thailand on any given day,appeared pretty cheap by Postal Standards,

Thai Air was the main Airline he shipped with.

You have nothing to lose by going to the appropiate Airline/s and asking the question direct,and not pussyfooting around with Travel Agents?

I would be interested to know how you got on?

Ok, maybe i just had bad luck many times as I have never been able to track an AIRMAIL parcel on Usps.com as well as on Thaipost after the parcel left Thailand. But i am sure that it's impossible to track AIRMAIL parcels for most of European countries.

And i mentioned Thai post because you can usually track parcels delivery on both Thai post and country of delivery websites, as EMS, but maybe not for Airmail parcels to USA.

Next an EMS parcel will be late I will ask a refund again to see if they now accept to refund, what they never did in the past. Do you know what is the official delivery delay for EMS ? And at which point can you get refund ?

Thanks for your info.

Ok, maybe i just had bad luck many times as I have never been able to track an AIRMAIL parcel on Usps.com as well as on Thaipost after the parcel left Thailand. But i am sure that it's impossible to track AIRMAIL parcels for most of European countries.

And i mentioned Thai post because you can usually track parcels delivery on both Thai post and country of delivery websites, as EMS, but maybe not for Airmail parcels to USA.

Next an EMS parcel will be late I will ask a refund again to see if they now accept to refund, what they never did in the past. Do you know what is the official delivery delay for EMS ? And at which point can you get refund ?

Thanks for your info.

Registered airmail in the USA is not true tracking like EMS, however, you can:

1) See final delivery status

2) See delivery attempts - usually only one

3) Your customer can use the registered mail number if a delivery attempt was made to reschedule, or pickup at the local post office.

4) Please test the above yourself on 5 or 6 packages within the last 2 months and let use know your results

5) If you ask the Thai post office on the phone they can tell you the exact flight number and date that registered mail leaves Thailand. But they are lazy and don't like to..

EMS to Thailand

I have asked 5 or 6 times what the delivery time for a refund is and never get an exact answer... but 2 weeks or more and I apply for and get 100% refunds except for when they claim customs caused the delay.

http://www2.thailandpost.co.th/CMCD/Web%20Link%20Registration.htm is an interesting page on the Thai post office site that looks incomplete but may be helpful.

I only check registered mail to the US and only then when we have a problem. When I say most countries allow registered mail information I mean most countries that we do business with which does not include Africa, South America and most 3rd world countries althought we do use EMS to China and a number of other countries. My apologies if I was not clear.