New Bar In Ubon

DreamRider

Am I right in believing there is a new bar in Ubon just up from the Laithong Hotel.

I was driving past the other day, could not stop but noticed some Farang activity there.

I'm away at work at the moment hence not going there for a second look!!

Thanks

TC Kitchen next to E-Ba/Laithong hotel, supposedly opened 1. May. Haven't been there after the opening, and don't know if it's classed as a bar, restaurant or cafe. :unsure:

Thers a Newish one,by the Uni,Warrin Side. Ferang Friendly,out past Egat Controll Room.Guitar Player and some Music, not bad.Easy Going stays open till youve had enough.No idiots pester you.:blink:

Can you be a bit more specific about the location.

The Ratchathani University south of Warin is a bit far away if you're drinking and not driving, but the crowd might be interesting. :whistling:

In the block of Outlets opposite the Uni, the owner is Tong, husband Lec,and a young Guy called Num,well educated,and with good English,well known folks, just ask anyone nearby.Not sure N.or S.but its the old Uni on the left,up the Dual Carriageway,just do a first U Turn past the entrance.I dont live in Ubon but do thousands of Kliks in my job., just stay there regular.and dont like Ex Pat Places too much.

In the block of Outlets opposite the Uni, the owner is Tong, husband Lec,and a young Guy called Num,well educated,and with good English,well known folks, just ask anyone nearby.Not sure N.or S.but its the old Uni on the left,up the Dual Carriageway,just do a first U Turn past the entrance.I dont live in Ubon but do thousands of Kliks in my job., just stay there regular.and dont like Ex Pat Places too much.

Sounds interesting; I'll give it a shot.

I'm still not sure where it is.

The comment "Warrin side" makes it confusing to me. :unsure:

So is it near Nevada Complex, or near SK Shopping, or is it on the Warin side, across from the Ratchathani Uni way south of Ubon? :blink:

Think he maybe talking about Ubon Ratchathani university.

So is it near Nevada Complex, or near SK Shopping, or is it on the Warin side, across from the Ratchathani Uni way south of Ubon? :blink:

About 10 kilometer southof the Mun bridge there is a big old University with a lot of dormitory block flats being built . There is plenty of bars for the studios youngsters running along the main road .

About 10 kilometer southof the Mun bridge there is a big old University with a lot of dormitory block flats being built . There is plenty of bars for the studios youngsters running along the main road .

I know where you mean Luke, since I pass every time I go to Ubon, but it's far away for those looking for a bar in Ubon city, and transport is needed for those who enjoy a cold one! ;)

I know where you mean Luke, since I pass every time I go to Ubon, but it's far away for those looking for a bar in Ubon city, and transport is needed for those who enjoy a cold one! ;)

Ah leo . I will be up country in a few weeks , maybe see you around for a cold one and some idle banter ....:D

Quote: onionluke

"Ah leo . I will be up country in a few weeks , maybe see you around for a cold one and some idle banter ....:D "

I'll be ready Luke. :D

Yes i am :whistling:

YES, there is a new bar in ubon, called T.C. bar,restaraunt ,Lance & thai partner are the new owners of this neat, & tidy establishment, although he's still finishing things off, It had a opening 4 nites ago, ICE COLD BEERS, & farang & thai food, Lance & partner seem nice people & Myself & # 2 wish them the very best .

cheers songhklasid.

P.S. I,ll see you june2 after our lao adventure, I'll be tounging for a western feed by then.B)B)

YES, there is a new bar in ubon, called T.C. bar,restaraunt ,Lance & thai partner are the new owners of this neat, & tidy establishment, although he's still finishing things off, It had a opening 4 nites ago, ICE COLD BEERS, & farang & thai food, Lance & partner seem nice people & Myself & # 2 wish them the very best .

cheers songhklasid.

P.S. I,ll see you june2 after our lao adventure, I'll be tounging for a western feed by then.B)B)

Aagh! that answers my OP. Thanks SS, I look forward to mid-june when I'm back home. Top location, makes a friday night pub crawl between there and WW a very attractive proposition!!

Dreamrider, you should take Patriot along for a night out there when he arrives in June. ;) I think you two would get along really well.

I understand that perhaps Lance and Tom are hitting it off on more then just the business front as well. :whistling:

Dreamrider, you should take Patriot along for a night out there when he arrives in June. ;) I think you two would get along really well.

I understand that perhaps Lance and Tom are hitting it off on more then just the business front as well. :whistling:

Table for two needed?? :rolleyes:

Hope to see you both on the hash next Sat. :D

I guess there are exceptions from the old saying:

never mix business and (or is it with)pleasure? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Was there for the 2nd roast dinner nite,(fridays) was roast pork & vege's with gravy, very nice, judging by the no. of customers, all seems to be going well, He,s got 1 thai girl staff now, so things are settling down,

best regards songhklasid B)

I was in T C Kitchen on Saturday and had a few well cold Leo's and a bit of idle banter with the local fellows. Mrs Onions and I then enjoyed a chicken madras , a chicken tika masala , garlic nan bread, and popadoms (truly) washed down with a pint of Murphy's Irish Stout while my youngster had his favourite hamburger with chips . I heard talk of kebab nights in the near future . Well done TC . :thumbsup:

Is that Beer Laos I spy in the pictures. Is he serving that at the bar or is it just for takeaways. Either way I shall definitely be paying a visit. I can put up with being told by Lance what he thinks of me for the sake of a Beer Laos or two.

The juxtaposition of pictures of a farang bar and farang produce under the captions

"... Thailand as it should be. Simple life, genuine people and the most unspoiled..."

gave me cause for a little wry smile MeMock :rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk