Muslim men removed from U.S. flight after pilot refuses to fly them

News_Editor

If these men went through all the security checks, then they should have been allowed to fly. The US is a free country where freedom of religion is a basic right.

Agreed, but depending on the circumstances, searching them with a fine-toothed comb might be justified. :D

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it's time for the silent majority of peace loving Muslims to stand up against the radicals & extremists!

The "silent majority" has never stood up against the radicals and extremists, and I doubt they ever will. They will say the right things like, "we don't support what they have done" or "most Muslims don't do that kind of thing" but they will never openly confront and put down the extremists. I also believe that the majority of Muslims think that the West is getting what they deserve. I lived in the Middle East for a lot of years and, while one has to dig to get to the truth, many Muslims feel this is the only recourse they have for what they believe is the injustice they have been dealt.

Ok that's BS. I lived, worked, loved there for 10 years. By "There" I mean Iraq, Kuwait, UAE, and Jordan. Clumping the Middle East together is like clumping Europe together. You think a, Englishmen,Frenchman and a Greek are all gonna be on the same page about everything?

Anyway, I NEVER once experienced any sort of Anti-American sentiment directed at me, not ONCE. And in fact when we do talk about it, it's not the US they have a problem with, (assuming they even have a problem at all) it's israel and their actions and undue influence over the US. It's like they don't understand why we bleed for them and allow them to bully us. OR they think America is 50% Jewish, OR they know a lil more and assume all our ploticians are bought out by Jewish and that's why.

But someone has to be personally delt injustice to feel that way, and in most middle eastern countries the US has only helped, take Kuwait for example. I was there during 9/11 and the love and support I got from just everyday people, strangers even. Was amazing.

But then again, I'm not a narrow minded hateful bigot. If I was I would look back at all the injustice white Christans have caused everyoen and assume that all of them are terrorists.

Get over yourselves really.

Ok that's BS. I lived, worked, loved there for 10 years. By "There" I mean Iraq, Kuwait, UAE, and Jordan. Clumping the Middle East together is like clumping Europe together. You think a, Englishmen,Frenchman and a Greek are all gonna be on the same page about everything?

Anyway, I NEVER once experienced any sort of Anti-American sentiment directed at me, not ONCE. And in fact when we do talk about it, it's not the US they have a problem with, (assuming they even have a problem at all) it's israel and their actions and undue influence over the US. It's like they don't understand why we bleed for them and allow them to bully us. OR they think America is 50% Jewish, OR they know a lil more and assume all our ploticians are bought out by Jewish and that's why.

But someone has to be personally delt injustice to feel that way, and in most middle eastern countries the US has only helped, take Kuwait for example. I was there during 9/11 and the love and support I got from just everyday people, strangers even. Was amazing.

But then again, I'm not a narrow minded hateful bigot. If I was I would look back at all the injustice white Christans have caused everyoen and assume that all of them are terrorists.

Except where Jews are concerned. :rolleyes:

Wrong, I got nothing against Jews in general (I'm leaving to go hang out with a buddy of mine who's Jewish right now actually :) ). I don't like israel.

Big Difference.

"could have dressed appropriately"

what is that , army camouflage and a shaved head or a white sheet?

nice to we have fashionista police in the US now

Anyone who chooses to dress wildly outside the norm must be viewed with suspicion, this is normal in any human society.

Once you dress in this way, you must be expect to be treated differently as well.

I think that is quite reasonable.

Personally, I wouldn't want to sit next to anyone on public transport who marked themselves to be a religious extremist.

(And that would include a vicar wearing a dog collar, Buddhist monk, etc.)

Edited by sarahsbloke

Wrong, I got nothing against Jews in general (I'm leaving to go hang out with a buddy of mine who's Jewish right now actually :) ). I don't like israel.

Big Difference.

Funny, but Ahmedinajad apparently had a Jewish friend he used to hang out with. As for your own Jewish buddy, I hope he isn't a 'hungry Jew lawyer' or he might bleed you dry in a bout of self-interest. :annoyed:

They do not hate America just burn American flag

They do not hate America just chant "death to America "

They do not hate America just celebrate terror attacks on Americans and American soil.

They are not anti western just western women must cover their heads and face

They are not anti western, just beat wester women for breaking slightest rule.

But as always when all reasonable argument fails, just bring up Israel and blame it all on Israel .

Perhaps it's time for the silent majority of peace loving Muslims to stand up against the radicals & extremists!

The "silent majority" has never stood up against the radicals and extremists, and I doubt they ever will. They will say the right things like, "we don't support what they have done" or "most Muslims don't do that kind of thing" but they will never openly confront and put down the extremists. I also believe that the majority of Muslims think that the West is getting what they deserve. I lived in the Middle East for a lot of years and, while one has to dig to get to the truth, many Muslims feel this is the only recourse they have for what they believe is the injustice they have been dealt.

SUE SUE SUE

That is a totally N American view, which if I followed or approved of, would invalidate my living in Thailand.

The posts above clearly state the "Pilot" had security concerns!!! Would "You" want to get on any aircraft where the pilot had any concerns?

As the saying goes:

Whilst the vast majority of Muslims are honest & peaceful people, the vast majority of terrorists just happen to be Muslim.

It's an unfortunate but sadly true correlation.

They can't speak out against radicalism because the radicals will shoot them down - figuratively or literally. It's like living in a family where the older brothers bully everyone to accept 100% their particular way of thinking. Anyone who strays even a little bit is knocked down and yelled at (or worse). Muslim extremism is like a virulent cancer which is taking over the middle east, Pakistan, parts of Africa and to some degree, Indonesia. There is no cure.

As for the airline incident, I think when the truth unfolds, it will show the pilot and the airline didn't do anything discriminatory - more than ask the two imans to go a 2nd time through security clearance.

Incidentally, most of my neighbors out here in rural north Thailand are Muslim, and they're the sweetest kindest people I've had the pleasure to meet. My only complaint is they don't pen in their animals, so my vege garden and baby fruit trees get munched on by their goats, cows, sheep, and horses once in awhile.

Good job this pilot didn't work for Qatar, Etihad, Kuwait Airlines or any one of the growing legion of "Islamic Airlines"...... there'd be no flights at all! 555..... :ph34r:

In March I flew Qatar Airways from Dubai to Doha then on to Bangkok. I don't recall any of the passengers wearing traditional Arabic clothing (robes, etc) or anyone with long beards.

I think we should look long & hard before granting citizenship to these mullah types.

Their sole ambition is to bring Shariah in to usurp our laws courts & Constitution.

They were going to a conference on discrimination against Muslims. Take the bus next time fellas.

The first part of the news report is quotes from the litigant - which may be suspect in its veracity.

It's more believable that the pilot requested the men go through security a 2nd time, and the men took offense at that.

Then later, the men adjusted their stories to sound make it appear they were agreeable to going through security a 2nd time, and were then victimized by (their claim) that the pilot refused to fly with them on board.

I bet if you follow this story and find what witnesses report, you'll see that the more reasonable explanation is the truthful one. Again, I find it extremely unlikely that the pilot refused to fly the two men, if they were cooperative.

Does anybody CAIR about it?

It's the usual blinding and denial tactic in a jihad.

As the saying goes:

Whilst the vast majority of Muslims are honest & peaceful people, the vast majority of terrorists just happen to be Muslim.

It's an unfortunate but sadly true correlation.

They can't speak out against radicalism because the radicals will shoot them down - figuratively or literally. It's like living in a family where the older brothers bully everyone to accept 100% their particular way of thinking. Anyone who strays even a little bit is knocked down and yelled at (or worse). Muslim extremism is like a virulent cancer which is taking over the middle east, Pakistan, parts of Africa and to some degree, Indonesia. There is no cure.

As for the airline incident, I think when the truth unfolds, it will show the pilot and the airline didn't do anything discriminatory - more than ask the two imans to go a 2nd time through security clearance.

Incidentally, most of my neighbors out here in rural north Thailand are Muslim, and they're the sweetest kindest people I've had the pleasure to meet. My only complaint is they don't pen in their animals, so my vege garden and baby fruit trees get munched on by their goats, cows, sheep, and horses once in awhile.

We are all Spartacus! I wonder to myself how many moderate or secular Muslims are offended by the condescending assumption that they will themselves be offended by profiling based on the uncomfortable but undeniable fact that Islamic extremists are a fact of life we all have to deal with.

I just remember the morning in Bkk two days ago. Quite a few foreign muslims with black beards (I learned they dye their beards black before immediate attacks, at least some of the sects) and long white pyjamas or whatever that is.

I wasn't sure, but feeled something strange going on. I thought maybe the OBL issue makes them run around like ants before the thunderstorm.

The same day there were the attacks in the South that left 8 people dead. Coincidence?

If these men went through all the security checks, then they should have been allowed to fly. The US is a free country where freedom of religion is a basic right.

Agreed, but depending on the circumstances, searching them with a fine-toothed comb might be justified. :D

And then the TSA would be accused of racial profiling......

As I recall the underwear and shoe bombers bomber got onto their planes and the 9/11 hijackers passed through screening including the magic wand treatment. The planned attack on the US and Canadian flights would have succeeded too unless the UK authorities hadn't take down the hijackers before they got to the airport. When it comes to my safety, I'm comfortable with a nervous pilot p*ssing off some people. Sometimes a hunch is all that stands between life and death.

In the history of the TSA they have discovered not one bomber or any one else planning a hijack.

We gave away our rights for very little or nothing.

Now they are sexually molesting 6 YO kids. Stop the madness.

Careful what you write, just because something has some truth in it is no defence in law any more as the 'useful idiots' have legislated this fundamental element of free speech out of existence if it offends extremist Muslims. A Danish member of the International free speech society has just been convicted of racism for commenting on domestic violence and child abuse in some Muslim families.

Take note, the gates of Vienna are being stormed with barely a squeak of protest.

If where Moslems are the majority,{ Pakistan, Indonesia , Malaysia and the Middle East, ) they force everyone else there to accept their values and submit to their prejudices, I see no problem with us forcing our values and prejudices on them.

In the history of the TSA they have discovered not one bomber or any one else planning a hijack.

We gave away our rights for very little or nothing.

Now they are sexually molesting 6 YO kids. Stop the madness.

Careful what you write, just because something has some truth in it is no defence in law any more as the 'useful idiots' have legislated this fundamental element of free speech out of existence if it offends extremist Muslims. A Danish member of the International free speech society has just been convicted of racism for commenting on domestic violence and child abuse in some Muslim families.

Take note, the gates of Vienna are being stormed with barely a squeak of protest.

OMG :o and I thought you were talking about Baron Bodissey from http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/. Quite a strong personality. You can find him a lot on Spencer's website too.

In similar situations in the past, and there have been quite a few, the scenario usually transpires with many passengers complaining to the flight attendants about "those terrorists in 31 A/B" to the point that they feel they need to inform the Captain. The Captain then (usually) makes the decision to err on the side of caution, not wanting an in-air altercation, and returns to the gate, where the Captain can request additional screening for any/all Pax, or ask that certain Pax be removed. In some cases a Captain has made an announcement like, "Every passenger on this flight has been screened by the TSA, if any passengers are uncomfortable flying today then we can return to the gate and they (the complainers) can de-plane and make other travel arrangements." This has worked a few times, if reports are to be believed. If one feels the need to assign blame then perhaps the passengers who initially complain should get some?

It is depressing given all the money the TSA spends, but hardly surprising I guess, that the traveling public has so little faith in the TSA's ability to screen passengers?

Edited by lomatopo

Google tells me that there are approx 27,000 flights, per day, in the US alone.

To my knowledge, the last time a bomb was found on a plane was 31 Oct 2010, lets call it 210 days. So, since the last time a bomb was found on a plane approx 5.8 million flights have occurred without a bomb in the U.S. alone. If we want think worldwide, we are talking ridiculous numbers.

And these people thought their plane was going to be bombed. What narrow minded idiots!

Some facts missing from the report;

1. A pilot is the sole authority as to who can be a passenger on his/her airplane. The safety and well being of all passengers on a plane is the responsibility of the pilot.

2. Passengers on the flight were getting fidgety and were complaining. This was relayed to the pilot. The pilot can argue he feared that the flight might have been disrupted as a result of passenger concerns. It doesn't matter if the passengers were in the wrong, The pilot is the ultimate authority.

3. The 2 passengers in question were disembarked for additional screening, but the flight was already late, and left without the passengers. Ground staff were apologetic to the 2 muslims. The men were offered compensation and Delta transferred them to another flight.

It is unfortunate, but in consideration of the current state of anxiety, the 2 muslims could have dressed appropriately so as to not draw attention to themselves. I am sure, we will soon be hearing comments from the passengers. If the 2 muslims were considerate of others they would have appreciated the concerns of others. I'm sure there were a few passengers ready to tackle these 2 men had they stood up in flight and made their way to the front of the plane. Removing them may have prevented an altercation.

I think geriatrickid's post is very credible and takes a central path in a large field of polarized posts. Some people have legitimate reasons for what they do and perhaps we should let this play out before we make final judgements.

Some facts missing from the report;

1. A pilot is the sole authority as to who can be a passenger on his/her airplane. The safety and well being of all passengers on a plane is the responsibility of the pilot.

2. Passengers on the flight were getting fidgety and were complaining. This was relayed to the pilot. The pilot can argue he feared that the flight might have been disrupted as a result of passenger concerns. It doesn't matter if the passengers were in the wrong, The pilot is the ultimate authority.

3. The 2 passengers in question were disembarked for additional screening, but the flight was already late, and left without the passengers. Ground staff were apologetic to the 2 muslims. The men were offered compensation and Delta transferred them to another flight.

It is unfortunate, but in consideration of the current state of anxiety, the 2 muslims could have dressed appropriately so as to not draw attention to themselves. I am sure, we will soon be hearing comments from the passengers. If the 2 muslims were considerate of others they would have appreciated the concerns of others. I'm sure there were a few passengers ready to tackle these 2 men had they stood up in flight and made their way to the front of the plane. Removing them may have prevented an altercation.

The pilot is in sole charge of his aircraft. He is however subject to Anti Discrimination Law in the same way as he would be if he murdered a passenger.

Google tells me that there are approx 27,000 flights, per day, in the US alone.

To my knowledge, the last time a bomb was found on a plane was 31 Oct 2010, lets call it 210 days. So, since the last time a bomb was found on a plane approx 5.8 million flights have occurred without a bomb in the U.S. alone. If we want think worldwide, we are talking ridiculous numbers.

And these people thought their plane was going to be bombed. What narrow minded idiots!

BUT, the remaining passengers had a very nice ''worry'' free flight eh. :)

Must add that the security worry is taken very seriously when l have had to take my shoes off to check them, and inspect my Buddha around my neck, so a minuscule thought by a captain and the safety of his passengers is admirable. If a Muslim started to do his thing in the isle of a plane l was on l would be a bit concerned and pissed off.Why, perhaps his last rights before his actions, WE perhaps don't know what he is doing cos we might not be of his persuasion.

so a minuscule thought by a captain and the safety of his passengers is admirable.

Going by that sentiment, no Muslim should be allowed on a plane again, ever.

Noooooooooooo, the captain had his reasons, we don't know what actually went on, only the written stuff but if l was on a plane and the guy in charge made a decision it was for my safety.

so a minuscule thought by a captain and the safety of his passengers is admirable.

Going by that sentiment, no Muslim should be allowed on a plane again, ever.

Noooooooooooo, the captain had his reasons, we don't know what actually went on, only the written stuff but if l was on a plane and the guy in charge made a decision it was for my safety.

And what if every pilot in every flight was to make the same decision?

Anyway, as pointed out already, it was likely the passengers causing the problem to which I repeat: What narrow minded idiots.