Pheu Thai Set To Beat Democrats By Narrow Margin: Survey

webfact

So what if he became rich, the whole country became

much richer under his leadership.

The drug trade in Thailand was a national disgrace.

It made some places in Thailand very dangerous.

He got rid of it and killed a whole bunch of ass wholes at the same time.

My girlfriend never had to pay at the local hospital.

I went there once after motor bike accident they didn't

make me pay either.

Thailand and Thais are corrupt, that's just the way it is. Thaksin got things done!

Your link mentions nothing about him changing the law.

But the Thai people clearly would have been better off with 20 years of Thaksin.

He was nothing like Hitler, silly analogy.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if he became rich, the whole country became

much richer under his leadership.

The drug trade in Thailand was a national disgrace.

It made some places in Thailand very dangerous.

He got rid of it and killed a whole bunch of ass wholes at the same time.

My girlfriend never had to pay at the local hospital.

I went there once after motor bike accident they didn't

make me pay either.

Thailand and Thais are corrupt, that's just the way it is. Thaksin got things done!

Your link mentions nothing about him changing the law.

But the Thai people clearly would have been better off with 20 years of Thaksin.

He was nothing like Hitler, silly analogy.

The whole world became richer under his leadership. There was a world economic boom.

Thaksin avoided paying billions of baht in tax on the sale of his company to Singapore by changing laws to suit himself. The Thai people were worse of because of that.

He gave poor people loans and handed out cash. That was fine for a while, but it just got people into more debt.

So you're OK with innocent people being killed, as long as a few drug dealers die too?

I was in Northern London when the riots were on in 1985.

As i remember 40 policeman got shot or stabbed one had his head cut right off.

I suspect Abhisit was in England at the time.

How many protestors got gunned down?

0!!

The police brought the situation under control.

The day after the protest started at central world they should have moved these people on.

There is no justification for what they did.

'timekeeper' timestamp='1305119596' post='4416878'

welcome newbie

dive right into the political turmoil...........

I suspect we will see quite a few "newbies" over the coming weeks. :whistling:

Why do you think that is?

Could it be because we are at last witnessing the beginning of the election process everyone wants (I presume), and that it is attracting more people to the topic than normal, or do you think there's some other reason. Please do elucidate so that we may share in your understanding.

Thanks.

Not difficult to work out.

Abhisit calling an early election is unlikely to create a flood of brand new members to Thai Visa.com.

Abhisit calling an early election is likely to create a flood of banned members returning under new identities, or even existing members wishing to post (for whatever reason) under a different (or additional) name.

Not a conspiracy theory, it has happened before.

I bow to your obvious experience. Thank you.

I wonder why it is mainly red-shirt supporters that got banned and now seek to return. Are they coarser than most? Whatever, if we were all Thai their electoral votes would count also.

It seems they have been much more inclined to go over the edge of what the rules allow repeatedly.

0!!

The day after the protest started at central world they should have moved these people on.

Exactly they showed way too much tolerance for the Red Protests and held off, in the Thai fashion, till they had no choice. You seem to say they should have been more western and shut the reds down fast with confrontation in the front end and not wait till their hand is forced.

Yes, there is no excuse for avoiding confrontation and trying negotiation. ( insert irony icon)

Edited by animatic

0!!

Check your memory. There is only mention of one policemen getting shot (and only injured), not 40 of them.

One policeman was hacked to death when retreating from a fire, he tripped and was surrounded by rioters.

The British police weren't dealing with 10's of thousands of protesters and they weren't killed and injured by grenades and armed militia.

Bad analogy.

There is no justification for what the red shirts did.

Edited by whybother

The whole world became richer under his leadership. There was a world economic boom.

Thaksin avoided paying billions of baht in tax on the sale of his company to Singapore by changing laws to suit himself. The Thai people were worse of because of that.

He gave poor people loans and handed out cash. That was fine for a while, but it just got people into more debt.

So you're OK with innocent people being killed, as long as a few drug dealers die too?

A few misconceptions here.

As the Thai economy, bigots on other side have to accept that the Thai economy has been well managed and has been performing well.Partly this has reflected world conditions but also good stewardship from Thaksin through to Abhisit, also generally good governance at the Bank of Thailand.The only exception was the junta regime following the criminal coup where administration was incompetent across all sectors.

There were some tax irregularities in the Temasek deal but no clear conclusion.The big lie (or ignorant bar talk in some cases) being peddled here (in respect of the major part of the sale profit by far) is that Thaksin changed the law and evaded billions which should have been paid in capital gains tax.Wrong.There's no Thai tax on disposal of listed equity, and this rule long predates Thaksin.Politically inept perhaps then on Thaksin's part but not illegal.The objection by the Sino-Thai business establishment and their yellow shirt hangers on was based mostly on hysterical nationalism and fear of foreign efficiency.

Helping poor people is a mistake? No evidence that this impacted on rural debt issues, and in any case has been continued on a greater scale by Thaksin's successors.

The drugs war was Thaksin's major crime but had huge popular support, and overt encouragement from the top of the establishment.There has never been even a suggestion that Thaksin should be charged.Only the very very naive have a problem in understanding why this is the case.Instead he was charged with relatively piffling items by an elite determined to "get him" somehow.Some foreign Thaksin haters - very few clued up Thais - get left out on a limb here.They think that the drugs war can be be politicised as a weapon to beat Thaksin, without realising what that would mean in practice by way of dragging other very highly placed people.Needless to say they couldn't care less about the misery the drugs trade had brought to so many ordinary Thais, and why successive governments have made curb of the trade a policy priority.

There is no evidence that large numbers of innocents got killed.

Just that they killed and chased drug barons with there own private armies out of Thailand.

What a great Thailand and the world.

I think you have your Thaksin blinkers on.

2500 people were killed without trial. They were all innocent, because they hadn't been proved guilty.

Sure, some of them were drug dealers, but there are PLENTY of reports showing that many of them had nothing to do with the drug trade.

No what I was saying is there is no excuse for turning the countries army on to a civilian protest.

Thailand doesn't have a police force that can deal with a protest. The army is used for large scale policing. Right? Probably not. But the police simply aren't up to it.

The army started off being a simple riot squad. That didn't stop the protesters from breaking through lines to storm parliament or Thaicom.

There is no excuse for a civilian protest to have an armed militia.

Sorry champ I was there and I saw some of it with my own eyes.

Yes there were 40 police injured many of them shot with shot guns.

I realize you looked up wikipedia or some other reference which doesn't have the facts.

The officer died when he moved in to support fire man putting out a car fire, he trip and got surrounded.

They hacked is head off with machetes.

I realize you looked up wikipedia or some other reference which doesn't have the facts.

The officer died when he moved in to support fire man putting out a car fire, he trip and got surrounded.

Fine, I haven't been able to find any report that says 40 police were shot.

Even though, it's still no comparison.

When the red shirts stormed parliament and Thaicom, there were many army personnel injured, but they didn't shoot any red shirts.

On April 10 the army were attacked with grenades and by an armed militia.

The whole world became richer under his leadership. There was a world economic boom.....

Well this line alone is a classic of misconception and misdirection. So you imagine Thaksin was leader of the world? ROTFLOL Only in his mind boyo, only in his mind.

Better stated, MUCH better stated as:

Thaksin, while PM of Thailand, benefited greatly from a world wide economic boom, and the recovery from the Asian Tiger Crash of '97, that he assisted in creating as Deputy PM to Chavalit.

Thaksin of course took full credit for the world economic boom ever since, as reason to prove his economic credentials, via the since roundly discredited Thaksinomics which only looked good because the world looked good at that time. When the going got tough Thaksinomics fell down like a damp bar rag.

Edited by animatic

The whole world became richer under his leadership. There was a world economic boom.....

Well this line alone is a classic of misconception and misdirection. So you imagine Thaksin was leader of the world? ROTFLOL Only in his mind boyo, only in his mind.

Better stated, MUCH better stated as:

Thaksin, while PM of Thailand, benefited greatly from a world wide economic boom, and the recovery from the Asian Tiger Crash of '97, that he assisted in creating as Deputy PM to Chavalit.

Thaksin of course took full credit for the world economic boom ever since, as reason to prove his economic credentials, via the since roundly discredited Thaksinomics which only looked good because the world looked good at that time. When the going got tough Thaksinomics fell down like a damp bar rag.

Look again at your post animatic.You have somehow attributed whybother's comment to me.I realise it's not deliberate

Could it be because we are at last witnessing the beginning of the election process everyone wants (I presume), and that it is attracting more people to the topic than normal, or do you think there's some other reason. Please do elucidate so that we may share in your understanding.

Thanks.

Abhisit calling an early election is unlikely to create a flood of brand new members to Thai Visa.com.

Abhisit calling an early election is likely to create a flood of banned members returning under new identities, or even existing members wishing to post (for whatever reason) under a different (or additional) name.

I wonder why it is mainly red-shirt supporters that got banned and now seek to return. Are they coarser than most? Whatever, if we were all Thai their electoral votes would count also.

i would say that red supporters are coarser than most

only yesterday i was called a pretentious <deleted> by newbie red flag waver maewrocks for disagreeing with him

it is the way of the red: bullying, violence and intimidation are the tools of their trade ...............

Sorry but the Red Shirt movement was spawned by the banning of their political party and politicians. Yes

and a number of them went to jail.

Probably best you read up on the subject.

I left a bunch of l-inks on one of my blogs should be helpful to you.

No they are not all out on bail just the 19 who were locked up during the crack down.

Your links were mostly irrelevant as far as \i could read - desperate clutching at straws - the |PTP was formed by Thaksin funding it - as was the red shirt movement to bring him back after criminal charges - the hundred or so killed - you really do make yourself look stupid with this comment - half were killed by red shirts and black shirt guards. some were innocent shoppers killed by M79 grenades from the black shirt guards. I could go on and on and on all night about your rambling - but why bother - just a shame and a sham that you have to stink up the forum with blatant incorrectness

Are you talking about the riots at Broadwater farm where PC Blakelocke was hacked to death? He was 100% - the only one injured - you must have been on something at the time maybe the same stuff as you were on through the red shirt rampage last year. Couldnt you go and post on a football forum or something - i mean it would definately suit your style better.

Here - follow the link and get someone to read for you if you cant read it yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadwater_Farm_riot

Edited by ianbaggie

Thanks.

i would say that red supporters are coarser than most

only yesterday i was called a pretentious <deleted> by newbie red flag waver maewrocks for disagreeing with him

it is the way of the red: bullying, violence and intimidation are the tools of their trade ...............

Dont forget bribery and vote buying/rigging as well - the uneducated know no other way - thats why their votes can be bought so cheaply - i am NOT referring to all Thai people by the way - I know many sensible intelligent Thais

Just that they killed and chased drug barons with there own private armies out of Thailand.

The common language for this forum is English Bob or have you forgotten it whilst backpacking since 1972

As i said before the wikipedia does not have the facts.

As I said before I was there.

Also any one who was in England at the time would have seen footage of the shot gun wounded police in ambulances.

They had vest and shields this is the only reason why their wasn't any more fatalities.

They had rubber bullets but they weren't allowed to use them.

They were hit by a barrage of petrol bombs and any thing else the people could through at them.

You had to be there to understand just how ridiculous your grand 100% truth statement is based on Wikipedia.

Are you talking about the riots at Broadwater farm where PC Blakelocke was hacked to death? He was 100% - the only one injured - you must have been on something at the time maybe the same stuff as you were on through the red shirt rampage last year. Couldnt you go and post on a football forum or something - i mean it would definately suit your style better.

Here - follow the link and get someone to read for you if you cant read it yourself

http://en.wikipedia....water_Farm_riot

Half the people were killed by the red and black shirt guard were they?

This is just as bad as the way the red shirts started blaming the government for burning the buildings down.

I saw them doing it, I found it disturbing when educated Thai friends starting telling me they didn't.

But just like you they were talking nonsense!

You have been fed a bunch of lies by the government controlled "Fa Lung" media and you have eaten it up.

I don't remember the media talking about the fact that when this whole thing started the government put soldiers with machine guns on every street corner in the provinces

to intimidate people into staying home.

Even still large numbers of them turned out.

I don't remember the media reporting the fact that large numbers of people were simply locked up on bogus charges if they took a stand or even if they appeared to take a stand.

This government and the people behind it are scary people.

The main reason why I think it would be a good thing if Thaksin comes back is the media will have to tell the other side of the story.

People will be able to voice their opinions again.

Because watch out if your caught telling it like it is!!

Sorry but the Red Shirt movement was spawned by the banning of their political party and politicians. Yes

and a number of them went to jail.

Probably best you read up on the subject.

I left a bunch of l-inks on one of my blogs should be helpful to you.

No they are not all out on bail just the 19 who were locked up during the crack down.

Your links were mostly irrelevant as far as \i could read - desperate clutching at straws - the |PTP was formed by Thaksin funding it - as was the red shirt movement to bring him back after criminal charges - the hundred or so killed - you really do make yourself look stupid with this comment - half were killed by red shirts and black shirt guards. some were innocent shoppers killed by M79 grenades from the black shirt guards. I could go on and on and on all night about your rambling - but why bother - just a shame and a sham that you have to stink up the forum with blatant incorrectness

Since this thread is about Phua Thai being set to beat the Democrats by a narrow margin, I'd like to throw this one out there for the anti-red obsessives:

If PTP do form a government at the head of a coalition and there is no coup as a result then presumably - since the PTP is all about getting Thaksin back, we are told - they will put measures in place to achieve this goal.

If they do, and Thaksin returns, would you consider the country not worth staying in?

Just trying to gauge the depth of feelings here...

Since this thread is about Phua Thai being set to beat the Democrats by a narrow margin, I'd like to throw this one out there for the anti-red obsessives:

If PTP do form a government at the head of a coalition and there is no coup as a result then presumably - since the PTP is all about getting Thaksin back, we are told - they will put measures in place to achieve this goal.

If they do, and Thaksin returns, would you consider the country not worth staying in?

Tricky question, dear Hanuman1. Answer would/should probably be 'as long as laws, rules and regulations are not bend or broken'. K. Thaksin is a convicted person who jumped bail, is on the run. Lots of other court cases have been suspended waiting for his return. Under current laws k. Thaksin must serve at least some time before an amnesty for a finished case can be considered. So, spent a single night in jail before applying for amnesty, waiting in jail before amnesty may be granted. No jail time for k. Thaksin seems very unlawful, undemocratic and a very bad example for any Thai still growing up and looking up at his/her elders for an example how to behave in society.

IMHO

It likely may not be SAFE to stay in Thaksinland.

Worth staying wouldn't change because of the place and people,

but if the control freak gets enough power back it will turn bad...

Edited by animatic

It likely may not be SAFE to stay in Thaksinland.

Worth staying wouldn't change because of the place and people,

but if the control freak gets enough power back it will turn bad...

So you are staying, good for you. So am I, because of the place and the people, but I am not an "anti-red obsessive". For the record, I am too busy with more important things to develop obsessions.

There is plenty of evidence for that.

How can you tell such spurious things?

What was missing was direct evidence for who did the hands on and gave direct orders.

And missing was the will to go after those smaller players, to get to the big boss.

Edited by animatic