Amphibious Centipede(?) - Advice & Id Appreciated

tomdfc

I don`t believe there are any amphibious centipedes in Thailand, but I could be wrong?

The one pictured appears to be a dead drowned centipede, a common type, see them all the time down my way.

Giant Centipede attack humans.

Not for those of nervous disposition

Edited by Beetlejuice

Buckaroo's got it.

My boyfriend and I were in bed one night, fully clothed, just chatting. His eyes got very big all of a sudden and he stood up slowly and said 'Dakab.' He then proceeded to shake his t-shirt and one of these bad boys fell out.

Took us a good 30 minutes to usher it out of the house (very Thai style housing, we had had a few wandering around before but never in our clothing!). We have a no kill policy, just took it away from the house to an open field.

To each their own but to me there is something exceptionally sexy about a guy who can calmly react to having one of these in his shirt and then usher it out without breaking a sweat.

No bites, must have smelled his sexy karma.

When I first arrived I also woke up to one of these mothers crawling up my inner thigh. This was before I ever knew they existed. I went from sleeping to standing like a freaking ninja.

Took me a good hour to usher it out of the house but there was no way I was carrying it down the street in the dead of night.

After battling it for an hour, and getting the shock of my life I barely got any sleep that night.

As I set off to work in the morning I saw it in the street flattened by a motorbike. Effort wasted! Gave me a good chance to inspect the under claws though. Thanked my lucky stars it didn't sink those into me!

Two personal stories that I think are fun and part of the joys of Thailand.

(Again, to each their own. If you have kids, or no field, or you just feel okay about killing them, that is fine by me. Just sharing some stories!)

I use the same tools as for small snakes, dustpan and brush then over the wall to the next village (nearest house is 200m) We do seem to be infested with the small variety of multi legged critters at the moment though.