Daughter Of My Thai Wife

Living in Ireland over 5yrs with my Thai wife,we would like to bring her daughter to Ireland on holiday,unsure what way to go about this,we are visiting los 2nd of sept returning the 1st of oct and would like to take her back with us.Do we start the process in Ireland or Thailand,my wife has all visas and stamps so no problem there with her, all her daughter has is a valid passport she is 14yrs old, any advice on how to proceed or what way to go about this and what paperwork we need, would be of great help thank you

Don't forget you are going to violate a great postulate in Ireland. What do you call a pretty girl in Ireland? TOURIST.. Now that there are more Thai ladis can you advise me of how to say Collene with a Thai accent?

We completed the same process in October 2010 with my wifes 7 year old son.

The Family Re-Unification visa - as it is known - allows the girl to join her mother in Ireland and remain here.

This visa takes considerably longer to process than the standard tourist visa. We applied from Dublin sometime in July - hoping to bring him back on the return leg on a 2 week trip at the end of August. However it was the 3rd week in October before the visa process was completed - so I had to return to work and leave my none-to-happy wife over in BKK. Even at that I had to involve my TD - so the actual wait time could be even longer.

If you want more info - IM me - my wife can talk to your wife about the thai requirements.

Best of luck

Owen01

hi me and my wife brought her daughter to uk.all my wife had to do was go to local amphur get proof that she has sole custody of child.off to british embbasy in bangkok.done in 1 day.plus chest x rays for uk just in case they ask on arrival. in our case did not ask.

hi me and my wife brought her daughter to uk.all my wife had to do was go to local amphur get proof that she has sole custody of child.off to british embbasy in bangkok.done in 1 day.plus chest x rays for uk just in case they ask on arrival. in our case did not ask.

You mean the x-ray and the application was submitted in 1 day ?

You do not get a visa decision in 1 day unless it was many years ago or on compassionate grounds.

In addition to the comments by TVE, I would like to point out that the OP is asking about a visa for the Republic of Ireland; which has not been part of the UK since 1921 (or 1914, or 1919, depending on how you view the history)!

So, no matter how quickly your application was processed by the British embassy your information is, I'm afraid, of no use to the OP.