Cm Immigrations - Open Today May 13Th?

dingdongrb

and then another page turned up this:

1st May 2011 - National Labor Day

2nd May 2011 - Substitution Day for National Labor Day * ***

5th May 2011 - Coronation Day *

13th May 2011 - Royal Ploughing Ceremony **

16th May - Extra holiday approved by the Cabinet to make a 4 (5) day long weekend* **

17th May 2011 - Visakha Bucha Day * (long weekend)

after all...TIT

Closed, per post number 4.

No, they are not open on saturday. They will be open again on Wednesday the 18th.

If your permisison to stay expires during the holiday, you will not be fined for oevrstay provided you apply for the extension on the 18th.

I was there yesterday for my 90 day reporting and there was a sign on the door saying they would be closed May 13, 14 and 15.

I was there last friday (also closed) and then they had a sign that said they were closed from May 13 to 17? So they changed it? Doesn't sound right...

No, they are not open on saturday. They will be open again on Wednesday the 18th.

If your permisison to stay expires during the holiday, you will not be fined for oevrstay provided you apply for the extension on the 18th.

We were there right on time (uh, 11:48am) this morning, only to notice right away the empty bike parking lot and then the sign on the door that it was closed through the 17th.

Is Mario2008 correct, that we won't get charged an overstay fine if our tourist visas expired today the 13th and we show up at Imm. on the 18th? Very hard to believe, but great news if true. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

We were there right on time (uh, 11:48am) this morning, only to notice right away the empty bike parking lot and then the sign on the door that it was closed through the 17th.

Is Mario2008 correct, that we won't get charged an overstay fine if our tourist visas expired today the 13th and we show up at Imm. on the 18th? Very hard to believe, but great news if true. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

You have 15 days before and seven days after a 90 day report to make things right...If you are applying for an extension to a non imm ivsa.....you have 30 days before to apply ....after your expiry date I am not sure. But I believe you have seven days to report. I think that immigration are flexible, if they are closed at any time during your last seven days . I do believe that a courteous explanation to them, if this is your case, will not go without understanding. Always the eternal optimist...but they are good people working a difficult job.

If it is a 90 day report...just send it in by EMS and it works.

Edited by Raindancer

90 day reporting is something entirely different.

If your extension of stay expires there is no grace period and you are on overstay, unless it expires on a day immigration is closed. Than the enorm is that they will not fine you, provided you aply for the extension the first day they are open again. Any day later and you will be fined.

but they are good people working a difficult job.

SOME are good, but SOME are not :ermm:

Forgive me for criticising your answer. But they are only as good as their initial induction to the job that they do and their lack of in-house training.

Which is no different to many businesses throughout Thailand and Asia. If your particular question is not on their "script of questions and answers", that they have been given, they will answer with anything that saves them losing face.

I try to encompass that understanding and having had many different replies to a simple question., I pursue it politely until I get the answer that is laid down by their regulations and where they have sought the proper guidance from those in the know.. It is merely a matter of patience and understanding what they do and do not know within their own job description.

So give them a chance and embrace their lack of understanding of what they are employed to do. This is not the west and does not compare to our western training in employment.

That statement applies to the Farangs that are there too :D

Agree. Some farangs turn up wearing shorts, sleeveless T shirts. The Thai people, as far as I am aware do not like this. Would a farang turn up to his own local government office in his own country to make a claim of whatever, dressed in shorts and sleeveless T shirt ....I don't think so!

That statement applies to the Farangs that are there too :D

Agree. Some farangs turn up wearing shorts, sleeveless T shirts. The Thai people, as far as I am aware do not like this. Would a farang turn up to his own local government office in his own country to make a claim of whatever, dressed in shorts and sleeveless T shirt ....I don't think so!

only place in USA that i felt inclined (but not compelled) to dress "nice" was for a court appearance... even then, i was criticized by my attorney, but i told him i was not on trial for a FASHION violation!... overall in USA, i believe that my rights must be given to me, regardless of my clothes and i usually have recourse if those right are denied me. I wore whatever i wanted to Social security and immigration (for my wife's green card and citizenship interviews).

having said all that, i always wear long pants and a shirt with collar when in a govt office in thailand, even if i am not going to approach the window and wife is handling all the business...

Would a farang turn up to his own local government office in his own country to make a claim of whatever, dressed in shorts and sleeveless T shirt ....I don't think so!

You've clearly never been to Bulwell Job Centre in Nottingham. Shorts and sleeveless T-shirt would have been at the smarter end of the spectrum. If ever I had an incentive to get a job, it was so I never had to go back to that place! For those who would like to know more about Bulwell, this link is the best description I've come across.

I had a question when I went in on Thursday relating to my next extension of stay, a simple yes/no answer was all it needed. You'd have thought if they didn't know the answer they'd have made one up, but no, I had two people apologise that they didn't know the answer and referred me to a colleague who did. Very helpful, as always.