Friendly Black Dog Missing

dandare11

Please post a photo as well, many vets will amputate a leg (its easier I guess) so a photo would be best. Also you might consider putting flyers with her photo around.

It can be very distressing to lose a beloved pet so suggest to the smart alecs that a little human empathy goes a long way. If you don't have anything constructive to post sometimes its better not to post at all, and so, in that light insensitive and pointless troll posts have now been deleted.

Please post a photo as well, many vets will amputate a leg (its easier I guess) so a photo would be best. Also you might consider putting flyers with her photo around.

It can be very distressing to lose a beloved pet so suggest to the smart alecs that a little human empathy goes a long way. If you don't have anything constructive to post sometimes its better not to post at all, and so, in that light insensitive and pointless troll posts have now been deleted.

Thanks for the reply,have not had internet connection for quite a while yesterday so did not see the other replies

Yes is distressing,especially after her arrival those years ago as a starving wretch and her determination to make this her patch. A very intelligent dog,who looked after the block of flats here ,she kept all and sundry away who were strangers with a few barks Even at the point of amputation of her leg on the vets table she lifted her head up to see and just accepted what was about to happen to her,even the 2 vets were amazed at her behavior,the pain she went through and the mess her leg was in at that point made me shudder..

Do not have photo, but have been out locally asking anybody who may have seen her,but she was not likely to have travelled very far with just 3 legs,it got quite tiring for her

Can only think the worst now,it is the not knowing that is the hardest part though. Pity really I was making plans to return to Europe too and was crossing my mind to take her with me,even though she was getting an old maid

I hope she returns, I too love dogs and have four living with me now, all found on the street. One of the things I hate about Thailand is their complete lack of empathy towards animals. I think it was Gandhi who said 'you can judge the civilisation of a people by the way they treat their animals.'

I wish I saw this earlier. On Sunday afternoon we saw a three-legged dog near the railroad tracks and intersectoion of Soi Siam Country Club. How long has she been missing? It was a medium-sized dog, dark in color, not sure I'd describe it as a collie but we were going by on a motorbike. I am 100% sure it had three legs because it had that hop to it's gait which made me do a second-take in the first place - it was one of its rear legs that was missing. I'd never seen a 3-legged dog wandering about before - only the one who stays put at Friendship all the time.

Hope you find her, and now I know to keep an eye out. If I see her again, is she friendly to approach or not? We could try to take her home with us and get in touch with you.

WaatWang

I wish I saw this earlier. On Sunday afternoon we saw a three-legged dog near the railroad tracks and intersectoion of Soi Siam Country Club. How long has she been missing? It was a medium-sized dog, dark in color, not sure I'd describe it as a collie but we were going by on a motorbike. I am 100% sure it had three legs because it had that hop to it's gait which made me do a second-take in the first place - it was one of its rear legs that was missing. I'd never seen a 3-legged dog wandering about before - only the one who stays put at Friendship all the time.

Hope you find her, and now I know to keep an eye out. If I see her again, is she friendly to approach or not? We could try to take her home with us and get in touch with you.

WaatWang

Sorry not replying earlier ,my broadband is hopeless,but I look in at internet cafe now.

Yes rear leg missing,a very friendly dog,very intelligent too. She will not bite,truly a gentle dog. I will PM you with my phone number Thanking You

According to a few Thais the dog is now dead,how they know is beyond me,no body,no nothing.

The thought that anyone could purposely go out of their way and harm a defenceless virtually crippled dog that was well loved and cared for by everyone who knew her is beyond belief. Never venturing more than a few yards,I just hope she did not suffer.

I need to leave Thailand as quickly as I can now,was going anyway, but to witness the sheer inhumanity of this and many other aspects leaves me cold.