Ubon, Surveying Of The Land Waiting Time?

Mr-Ubon

Hello, me and the wife (Thai) has purchased 400m2 land in Ubon city last year, we will make a perimeter wall, so here in January this year she order surveying of the land, everything ok but the Land Division can first be there in August.

Is it normal that there are 7 long months waiting time?

Are there any from Ubon area having the same experience or hints?

Sorry my bad English.

We can not find Chanote marks in the soil at the ground, to be sure to make a wall around the land as not entering the neighbouring property, we have to get a new survey to be sure. The land-office can only come after 7 months is that normal around Ubon City??

No experience in Ubon city, but if you drop by the land office and offer them some cash if they speed up things, they might get it done this week or next? :whistling:

Sorry my bad English.

We can not find Chanote marks in the soil at the ground, to be sure to make a wall around the land as not entering the neighbouring property, we have to get a new survey to be sure. The land-office can only come after 7 months is that normal around Ubon City??

If there is no dispute over the land get a private survey done, only want the Government involved if there is someone complaining. Jim

jamescollister, there are no dispute, this is only to avoid it in the future, I think if it comes to a neighbour dispute a private survey is not to much use.

Bergen, as you say, some cash to speed up things, is probably the only way.

but It will be nice to know if 6-7 months is the norm in Ubon city, I think it's weary long time to let people wait to start develop something like a perimeter wall as in my case, or if you are going to add fill dirt up to the border of the land.

I bought land in Korat, correction my Thai wife bought land in Korat (rural villige past Phimai). It took an enormous amount of time to get the survey and transfer done. She was living with me in Australia and visited home to make the purchase. Land belonged to her sister who was experiencing financial difficulties so we decided to help and keep the land in the family at the same time. It took seven to ten months. She visited home 3 times during this wait. I had never asked or expected to have my name on the deed. If you split she will still walk with everthing....Kun Thai na? I dont know when it finally went through but i think it was just after my step daughters 18th birthday. I discovered the deed secreted away and in the daughters name. Just about the same time we started experiencing marital difficulties. Might have been a coincidence????. We are now divorced, but that is another story.......or is it?:whistling:

I bought land in Korat, correction my Thai wife bought land in Korat (rural villige past Phimai). It took an enormous amount of time to get the survey and transfer done. She was living with me in Australia and visited home to make the purchase. Land belonged to her sister who was experiencing financial difficulties so we decided to help and keep the land in the family at the same time. It took seven to ten months. She visited home 3 times during this wait. I had never asked or expected to have my name on the deed. If you split she will still walk with everthing....Kun Thai na? I dont know when it finally went through but i think it was just after my step daughters 18th birthday. I discovered the deed secreted away and in the daughters name. Just about the same time we started experiencing marital difficulties. Might have been a coincidence????. We are now divorced, but that is another story.......or is it?:whistling:

Sorry to hear it didn't worked out with your wife.

Yes if we split she will still walk with everything, that just the way it is her, after 11 year together this doesn't concern me, you know we have to live with Thai low. In our case the Chanote transfer to my (wife's name ;) ) only took one month, but the survey is for sure a other matter.

Edited by Mr-Ubon

Private survey is not valid for anything except to give you an idea of what you bought. We had ours done with a private guy to check the size then had to wait for the land office to do it all over again to be official on the chanote and registered at the land office. Yes it was going to take quite some time, months for us too as the tax law was changed and everyone and their dog was selling and buying and changing titles to avoid a big increase in transfer tax. We did pay extra to get bumped up in the que for the official survey. This was 4-5 months ago and still waiting on the official paper to be issued. Some people on tv claim alot of shit but I dont think they actually own anything here or have been thru the process of it. We made sure the adjoining property owners were there too so everyone was happy when the markers were set and registered which I highly recommend you do to save later disputes, thais have no problem pulling the markers and moving them to suit themselves if they think they lost land.

Memock, i hope you are beginning to understand my post now.

No not at all. All this has nothing to do with the OP question and what outlaw11wa wrote about had nothing to do with different prices which is what you were banging on about.

Mr Ubon had a rather simple question and others immediately jump on this thread with all sorts of tales of woe due to their and their partners own personal failings.

Mr Ubon - reading between the <deleted> it would seem that such a long wait is indeed normal. Out in the sticks it took us about 3 months to get it done. Given the huge growth that Ubon is currently experiencing It would not surprise me that there is a huge waiting list.

Edited by MeMock

My wife waited several months between applying for her land to be measured and the surveyors coming.Then another few months for the land certificate to be issued.

Now she wants two small pieces of land to be joined together on one chanote,this is also taking several months.

So,yes,longish waits are normal.

OP everthing seems to have got complex for some reason. You have the title with the GPS or what ever they use showing your land. You can't find the markers. Get a private guy to come out he will tell you where the markers are. End of story. you start building. Jim

Gps in Issan ? get real lol I havent even seen a transit yet, private guys have a copy of the land plot and a crappy copy at that, bamboo poles with bags tied on them and some string to check the plot, it is fun to watch the haggling over boundries and lining everything up. The official guy that came was much more pro he had a laptop with the map on it and a 30 meter tape. Maybe Im wrong but my take on this is back home private surveyors are licensed,bonded and insured to cover any mistakes-legal problems from their work and their survey is legal and binding, they are also supervised by a qualified individual, whereas here the private guy can be anyone that goes and gets the copy of your plot hacks some bamboo poles and has some bags and string. The official survey for us was done by an official from the land office and thats the only one that counts if you are buying land with a legal chanote. Another thing after your little concrete markers are stuck in the ground keep an eye on them from time to time sometimes they move or walk away lol

Gps in Issan ? get real lol I havent even seen a transit yet, private guys have a copy of the land plot and a crappy copy at that, bamboo poles with bags tied on them and some string to check the plot, it is fun to watch the haggling over boundries and lining everything up. The official guy that came was much more pro he had a laptop with the map on it and a 30 meter tape. Maybe Im wrong but my take on this is back home private surveyors are licensed,bonded and insured to cover any mistakes-legal problems from their work and their survey is legal and binding, they are also supervised by a qualified individual, whereas here the private guy can be anyone that goes and gets the copy of your plot hacks some bamboo poles and has some bags and string. The official survey for us was done by an official from the land office and thats the only one that counts if you are buying land with a legal chanote. Another thing after your little concrete markers are stuck in the ground keep an eye on them from time to time sometimes they move or walk away lol

Thunder you seem to think Thailand is full of village idiots doing jobs above there ability, like anywhere you get what you pay for. In this case a Licenced surveying company, you see them building dams, housing estates, shopping centres etc. Op can look in the phone book. As for GPS my I phone has it. Jim

Aw gee james you forgot to tell me to go home lol I think before you accuse me of calling anyone a village idiot (which I never did)you better go look at your farmers sob stories posts about your problems here in thailand. I dont believe you own or have invested in anything in thailand other than a lot of stories. What I posted above is the reality of what I and others around me have experienced getting their land surveyed and titled. Yes Im sure there are a few decent surveyers here in issan but most of them dont have the money or need to invest in a proper transit setup either optical or sat based.

Aw gee james you forgot to tell me to go home lol I think before you accuse me of calling anyone a village idiot (which I never did)you better go look at your farmers sob stories posts about your problems here in thailand. I dont believe you own or have invested in anything in thailand other than a lot of stories. What I posted above is the reality of what I and others around me have experienced getting their land surveyed and titled. Yes Im sure there are a few decent surveyers here in issan but most of them dont have the money or need to invest in a proper transit setup either optical or sat based.

Thunder looks like you can see through me, I am really sitting in a small flat in Melbourne living a dream on my computer. Now that you have outed me I will have to hang my head in shame. Jim

Thunder looks like you can see through me, I am really sitting in a small flat in Melbourne living a dream on my computer. Now that you have outed me I will have to hang my head in shame. Jim

Jezus Jim, and I was sure I've met you several times here in LOS, ............was I just dreaming? :D

I'm glad some people seems to know it all............... :rolleyes:

Edited by bergen

Thundr- Only a 30 metre tape? When most rural village house blocks are 1 rai, which is 40 metres by 40 metres. They use at least a 40 metre tape, so there can be no mistake in measuring. Which is done on one "pass"

Jezus Jim, and I was sure I've met you several times here in LOS, ............was I just dreaming? :D

Trond get the doctor to get your medication in order, you live in a nuthouse in Norway. Not on the Cambo border. PS sold our first rubber for the season, will be down to get drunk at the next sale. Jim

Thundr- Only a 30 metre tape? When most rural village house blocks are 1 rai, which is 40 metres by 40 metres. They use at least a 40 metre tape, so there can be no mistake in measuring. Which is done on one "pass"

Afarang think you are the longest resident that I know of, you posted awhile ago and got ripped into, bit very true words. Jim

Trond get the doctor to get your medication in order, you live in a nuthouse in Norway. Not on the Cambo border. PS sold our first rubber for the season, will be down to get drunk at the next sale. Jim

Let me know in advance Jim, seems I will be in Ubon this weekend. :rolleyes:

Have to fix a non working TV, and there's a rumour of a possible party (p*ss up) on Sat. :D

We choose some "city" land, called the seller, told them to bring family round for an evening of food and drink and we would talk about it,

about 7 of the family came to our old house, we told them, yes, we want the ground, and have the cash ready, Mrs gave them 50k bht of the top of the pile and said, get the boundaries done by goverment office and the chanote, and this heap of money is yours, their eyes were near out of the sockets at so much money, 7 working days later, we witnessed the goverment fellas measuring out the plot, and the pegs going in and signed the chanote papers, building started next day,

Now i wonder how we got it done so quick?? anybody think we put the onus on the seller to get things done?? did some of that 50k bht find its way somewhere else??

The purchase paperwork shew a price that was about 1/5 of the paid price, this is for the seller to avoid taxes, and all the paperwork is in my wifes name, and if i wanted to buy another plot, thats how i would go about it, because while you are waiting for the goverment, for months, and old family member might turn up and claim his right to some of the land, another battle starts,

By paying for land that you dont know the size of doesnt seem like a good idea to me, but appeals to others, <deleted> indeed????

Bought land in November last year and went with the current owner of the chanote directly to the land office. They wrote on the backside of the chanote that my wife own xy lai land and they made a scetch drawing how the land will be splitted. Same day we asked the government surveying team to show up to set our land marks. We received a confirmed, writen down and stamped small document with the date for survey in October this year. So, yes it needs time. Maybe some pocket money makes it faster, but.I believe they are really busy and they get more than one offer to hurry up, which means you'll have to wait as well because of all the other bribery... Go the official way because anything else may negatively surprise you.

fatfather

The dreaming part is right lol

Hi there Thunder

Normally would not bother to respond, but I am bored, hot and sober, something to do. Now in my case my name is there for all to see and my profile is filled out. Nothing to hide and I will take it that you are not all that computer literate or you would have googled my name, as anyone can and see if I am for real,

You on the other hand use an alias THUNDER, that may in it self say alot. No profile details, no nothing. Why not man up and fill in your profile so people can see if what you say can be taken as real local knowledge or just another Walter Mitty, which this and other forums are full of. Or let me guess your name and details withheld due to National Security. Don't go getting all serious now, just my way of alleviating the boredom of life in the jungle, Jim