Need A Justice Of The Peace

jackliveswhere

A JP qualified in what country and what state? Or do you mean the equivalent under Thai law? What's the nature of the document that needs certifying?

Oops. I re-read your post ... looks like you need the Thai version of a JP (and just having a mental block) I can't remember what they are called. If you can find the title and then do a thaivisa forum search then you will get the info you need as the topic arises fairly frequently

Here's two threads I found just quickly:

http://www.thaivisa....certify-copies/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/123471-certified-copy-of-passport/

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Are these documents written in English, and from your home country ? If the answer to both questions is yes, approach your home-country embassy, and ask them to do it. (They may make you wait, while they do a check with whatever entity issued the documents).

If the documents are in Thai, ask whatever entity issued them to certify the copies for you. I think that the certification would have to come from the entity that issued the documents, not from you.

If you are doing this for Thai Immigration, they usually just want "self-certification", i.e. you attest with your signature that the documents are true copies of the originals.

I'd recommend trying

Suwat International Law and Notary Office,

Glas Haus Building 9th Fl Sukhumvit 25 (just past Asoke BTS)

They are members of Thai Law Society, have' Notary' in their name, and are familiar with this sort of work. They speak english well enough to get your point across.

Just say a friend told you it was 500 B per document. It's as well to bring them the exact wording you want for the notarisation, they will type it, add a load of signatures, date stamps, seals and gold stickers that make it look more impressive than an international treaty.

I've used them for passport certification to open Bank accounts and these were accepted fine in UK. I don't know about US as I've never had to do this, but I'd be surprised if there was a problem.