Thaksin / Sexpat Poll

Jingthing

Lets get this settled   

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is inspired by this thread.

I think the premise of that thread is offensive and ridiculous.

However, here is a chance to verify whether there is anything behind it.

Edited by Jingthing

I found the referenced article/opinion to be over the top.....

I agree that there might be a segment of the expat community in Thailand that exists just to hit the night spots, but I personally think that this is a small segment of our community.

Prior to getting married, I ventured on occasion into the nether regions of Bangkok and Pattaya, have nothing but good memories to reflect on about those times. But I don't think that would qualify as being a sexpat!

I have mixed emotions and thoughts about Thaksin. Having lived in Issan you can see not only the good but the bad that his policies brought to the area. The "Main" good that I saw was the improvements to the highways and roads during his tenure, which I must admit has continued since his departure. I think that his pandering to the population of Issan with policy was good for this region. I think that the reason Issan supports Thaksin is that they don't want to see a return of the attitudes of previous governments where they were ignored and forgotten.

I really despise Thaksin though, for all the good he might have accomplished, his quest for power & enrichment no matter the consequences, for his own benefit over rides everything that he ever accomplished.

The election coming up reminds me of elections in the USA. There are only two choices and if "None of the Above" was on the ballot, which would win?

Good to see that the other article is totally mis-informed, and according to this poll, there are no sexpats posting on this board. :rolleyes:

:lol: Well, in the end most members are married to Hi-So, Western Educated Thai - Chinese and have never been in a bar. :ermm:

Good to see that the other article is totally mis-informed, and according to this poll, there are no sexpats posting on this board. :rolleyes:

:lol: Well, in the end most members are married to Hi-So, Western Educated Thai - Chinese and have never been in a bar. :ermm:

And related to senior officials in the army, police,immigration, goverment....tick all the applicable....:rolleyes:

And related to senior officials in the army, police,immigration, goverment....tick all the applicable....:rolleyes:

dam_n, I forgot that one :lol:

There are not enough options in the poll. I'm an unabashed sexpat but I couldn't care less about Thaksin or whoever Thailand chooses as a leader. Nobody is going to bite the hand that feeds them... except in just a superficial way like the police check-ups on helmet laws. Because Thailand has young women available for men over the age of 50 it makes Thailand a world wide draw for men interested in sex. Any heterosexual male who says he isn't interested in attractive, available females is either a liar or there is something wrong with his hormone levels. If that wasn't the case then why is just about everything sold by ads using attractive young females?

There are not enough options in the poll. I'm an unabashed sexpat but I couldn't care less about Thaksin or whoever Thailand chooses as a leader. Nobody is going to bite the hand that feeds them... except in just a superficial way like the police check-ups on helmet laws. Because Thailand has young women available for men over the age of 50 it makes Thailand a world wide draw for men interested in sex. Any heterosexual male who says he isn't interested in attractive, available females is either a liar or there is something wrong with his hormone levels. If that wasn't the case then why is just about everything sold by ads using attractive young females?

The most open and honest post made on this thread and the related thread....well done Ian...;)

Very smart poll

The only thing you do Jingthing, is to prove the writer of the article was right..

The only point of the article was to create a buzz. The writer is obviously just a troll. You're the same ... but less smart .

Ive never been in a bar

Very smart poll

The only thing you do Jingthing, is to prove the writer of the article was right..

The only point of the article was to create a buzz. The writer is obviously just a troll. You're the same ... but less smart .

Nonsense.

The only difference is mass emailing.

If this was put out as a mass email to the 119,000 members, the same as the other thread, it would create plenty of buzz.

Ive never been in a bar

Never, ever, anywhere in the world?

another 5 min of thaksin hate :boring:

I just think the current PM is a lot let corrupt then he is.

Unfortunately the main reason is because he is a lot less smarter.

Invertebrate don't rank very high in evolution.

another 5 min of thaksin hate :boring:

So your saying smart people are more corrupt then stupid people.. geez. what wisdom.

Invertebrate don't rank very high in evolution

Well he's achieved considerably more than everyone who posts on this forum so he can't be that stupid.

Edited by inthepink

Invertebrate don't rank very high in evolution

Well he's achieved considerably more than everyone who posts on this forum so he can't be that stupid.

Yes, he has a fairly impressive criminal record - and can't live in his own country as he will go to jail. That's a pretty impressive achievement. :whistling:

Edited by mrtoad

So your saying smart people are more corrupt then stupid people.. geez. what wisdom.

It's not what I said.

If you believe the author of the original article, it's not that big an achievement smile.gif

You missed the point, sir. If you are a sexpat who is apolitical in Thai politics or pro Thaksin, you don't qualify for voting in this very NARROW topic implied by the other thread. It is only for expats and sexpats who HATE Thaksin. This is NOT a poll about what percentage of sexpats are pro and anti Thaksin. Cheers.

You missed the point, sir. If you are a sexpat who is apolitical in Thai politics or pro Thaksin, you don't qualify for voting in this very NARROW topic implied by the other thread. It is only for expats and sexpats who HATE Thaksin. This is NOT a poll about what percentage of sexpats are pro and anti Thaksin. Cheers.

oh how some struggle with comprehension.

good poll, Jingthing. :thumbsup:

One of these days one of them needs to get mass emailed out.

oh how some struggle with comprehension.

Oh dear! :huh:

I think the poll results are quite clear; 2 sexpats versus 37 (ordinary) expats that hate Thaksin.

That would imply (if repondants answered truthfully :lol:) that either there are very few sexpats that hate Thaksin, unlike what the other article was trying to portray, or there are very few sexpats posting on this board.

Am I missing something here?

The choices offered in this poll are a bit ... mmh ... immature.

Teenagers love or hate, nothing between. Only black or white. But we are supposed to be adults, gown-ups.

I am not a sexpat, so probably this poll doesn't apply to me. But what about those who let's say, don't "hate" Thaksin, but simply don't like him or his politics?

Let's try to be a bit more differentiating.