Farang Wearing Lining Trousers..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok somebody enlighten me, does the OP mean linen trousers!

Now I understand.

They look good on a woman with a good arse and legs.

EVERYTHING looks nice on a woman with a good arse and great legs. Thailand has an abundance of those lovely ladies.

Linen is a nice, cool material that is rather inexpensive. How others choose to dress does not concern me at all. I look at the young backpackers with their odd outfits and I say "good for them". It's nice to see young people getting out of their own countries and actually seeing the world and what it has to offer. If they choose to get tatoos, wear baggy linen clothing, walk in bare feet and have their hair long and knotted into those strange fashions, then good for them. They are only young once. If they profess to know everything about life and how the world is SUPPOSED to be then I'll just smile and tell them to wait a while.

Its certainly part of the Thanon Ko San culture, and Ko Phang An. It is kind of cringe worthy watching a farang walking down Ko San in bare feet, burnt to a crisp, no top on, and a pair of linen fisher pants on...They spend their days sitting in guest house bars watching movies, and talk about how they are into the Thai culture "man" and love Bangkok, and you think, but you have only been in a 1 square KM area of a 1700 km metro area of Bangkok ;)

If it weren't for backpackers half of the people posting here would be in Thailand.

Its certainly part of the Thanon Ko San culture, and Ko Phang An. It is kind of cringe worthy watching a farang walking down Ko San in bare feet, burnt to a crisp, no top on, and a pair of linen fisher pants on...They spend their days sitting in guest house bars watching movies, and talk about how they are into the Thai culture "man" and love Bangkok, and you think, but you have only been in a 1 square KM area of a 1700 km metro area of Bangkok ;)

If it weren't for backpackers half of the people posting here would be in Thailand.

:blink:

Why don't you all quit waffling and say what you really mean?

What a crepe joke

I swallowed so much hot air with your reply that I can't stop belgian.

Oh stop it. You're battering me!

Now you guys have made me hungry. Instead of raisin toast with honey I think I'll make a Belgian waffle with blueberry syrup.

There is a difference between linen trousers( sensible attire in tropical countries) and fishermans pants. I can't stand them! They look like the wearer has shit themselves, typical Khoa San wear.

Why do these "travellers" wear these type of clothes, get their hair beaded, wear awful vests and think it's a cultural experience. They wouldn't dress like this at home so why do it in another country!

assuming lining to mean linen, and further assuming neither to be correct, i have a great linen suit for the barrage of beach weddings i seem to attend with an all white dress code.

fisherman's pants are also great to sleep in, faff about the house in and generally just chill.

however, for venturing out, i prefer an egg and ketchup stained wifebeater, board shorts, flip flops and a warm, flat chang.

There is a difference between linen trousers( sensible attire in tropical countries) and fishermans pants. I can't stand them! They look like the wearer has shit themselves, typical Khoa San wear.

Why do these "travellers" wear these type of clothes, get their hair beaded, wear awful vests and think it's a cultural experience. They wouldn't dress like this at home so why do it in another country!

What do you mean they don't wear them in their own country? Have you ever been around the beach scene in southern California? I've seen similar attair in the hippy sections of Vancouver's east end. And, I've certainly seen it in the hippy areas on Hornby Island off Vancouver Island. The other extreme are all the stuffy suits worn around law offices.

Think so, :)

What with a white linen line down the side? :rolleyes:

Or am I getting confused with those shorts with 28 Pockets?:blink:

Edited by MAJIC

Why all the interest lately on TV on what other guys wear? Is everyone really checking out what every guy has on? And if so, why do so many have a real opinion on it, so much that they need to post it here?

I think I have only really noticed what guys wear twice. Once was an Arabic prince who was in a very, very nice, and most likely outrageously expensive suit, and I thought that he looked sharp. And once was when I sat with Eric Dickerson, the football player, on an airplane, and I couldn't help to think that there was a well-dressed man. But other than that, I quite frankly can't remember nor care to remember what other men wear.

Frankly, I am not really sure what these pants are, but if they are comfortable, who cares? In fact, if they itch like crazy, who cares?

Why do these "travellers" wear these type of clothestheir hair beaded, wear awful vests and think it's a cultural

experience. They wouldn't dress like this at home so why do it in another country!

What do you mean they don't wear them in their own country? Have you ever been around the beach scene in southern California? I've seen similar attair in the hippy sections of Vancouver's east end. And, I've certainly seen it in the hippy areas on Hornby Island off Vancouver Island. The other extreme are all the stuffy suits worn around law offices.

Hippy areas! Says it al!!!

Would you trust a lawyer who didn't wear a suite? Or one that dressed in fisherman pants with beaded hair?

wow loads of different comments.. bit shocked.. yea sorry guys linen* trousers but i go to khao san alot for nights out meet loads of cool people.. was just wonder i would wear them indoors but probably not outside..

Why don't you all quit waffling and say what you really mean?

What a crepe joke

I swallowed so much hot air with your reply that I can't stop belgian.

Oh stop it. You're battering me!

Sorry. Don't get in a flap, Jack.

I'll concede. It's butter to quit while you're ahead. I'm bacon you to stop.

I got excited as I thought someone is making pants with the inner silk lining. I haven't had a pair of pants like those in ages, but they are nowhere to be found :(

Weren't those the ones that used to slide up your quoit everytime you sat down?

But anyway, this thread has just about run its course so I'm heading off to get my fisherman pants back from the laundry, brush my dreads and watch a movie.

Now, where did I leave that DVD of 'The Beach' ?:jerk:

Now I understand.

They look good on a woman with a good arse and legs.

EVERYTHING looks nice on a woman with a good arse and great legs. Thailand has an abundance of those lovely ladies.

Linen is a nice, cool material that is rather inexpensive. How others choose to dress does not concern me at all. I look at the young backpackers with their odd outfits and I say "good for them". It's nice to see young people getting out of their own countries and actually seeing the world and what it has to offer. If they choose to get tatoos, wear baggy linen clothing, walk in bare feet and have their hair long and knotted into those strange fashions, then good for them. They are only young once. If they profess to know everything about life and how the world is SUPPOSED to be then I'll just smile and tell them to wait a while.

Agree on both counts ..... if you're a young back packer ... then go for it ..... they are cheap and cool. If you are older and living in Bangkok - then only wear them if you don't mind looking like a plonker. But if you live in a village ... why not?

And full length tailored linen trousers look good anywhere .... but if they are light in colour, avoid the chocolate ice cream in Swensens. Talking of Swensens ... they've stopped doing the Millionnaire Choc Sundae .... think I'll occupy Central World 'till they put it back on the Menu.

Sandals with knee-high socks...now that's cool.

What about being shirtless with you beer gut hanging out; now, that's soooo sexy, isn't it?

You've seen that on KS Road?. That is rather alarming, thought it was full of the bright & young!

:ph34r:

What about being shirtless with you beer gut hanging out; now, that's soooo sexy, isn't it?

I've always thought that sandals with knee high socks was a particularly good look .... but only if the socks are black and worn with above the knee shorts. It's the small details that count.

White legs are really required to complete the look.

I've always thought that sandals with knee high socks was a particularly good look .... but only if the socks are black and worn with above the knee shorts. It's the small details that count.

White legs are really required to complete the look.

And a skin tight, nylon polo shirt - covered in maple syrup ;)

In all seriousness, aside from being comfortable, they are handy for when you are travelling around and visit a temple or something as they can be pulled on over shorts quick and easy.

In all seriousness, aside from being comfortable, they are handy for when you are travelling around and visit a temple or something as they can be pulled on over shorts quick and easy.

Very true, although the maple syrup can attract ants and flies

Are you seriously trying to teach a Canadian about maple syrup?

Are you seriously trying to teach a Canadian about maple syrup?

Of course not , that would be a crepe idea :)