Marriage / Income Documents

Hello. Firstly, apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere on Thai Visa - but I couldn't find it.

I want to get married to my long-time Thai girlfriend and need some advice.

I am from the UK, aged 43. My visa is a one-year multi-entry Non-Imm 'O' from Hull (using birth certificate of my three-yr old daughter with my girlfriend).

I work for a company in the UK but all work is done from my laptop/internet. I am based in Thailand but travel around a bit (Singapore, Thailand, Korea, India, sometimes back to the UK) and have no work permit in Thailand. As I am based here and rent a house here, my salary (130K) goes into my Thai bank account each month.

I want to get married but am slightly concerned about the income bit. Does anyone know what I would need to show the UK Embassy or Thai authorities in terms of income? Would my bank book suffice? Would I need a letter from me employer? Should I show my work contract from my company (which does not mention a specific place of work)?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

J

You work without a work permit in Thailand, which is illegal. Technically you should pay income tax in Thailand, as your income is brought into Thailand whitin a year of earning it.

As to your question, the embassy decides what they will accept as proof of income. Normally that are pay slips/tax documents showing your income. Not sure if a letter form your employer will be enough. The Thai authorities only accept the letter from your embassy.

I got a letter from my employer, went to the Embassy and asked them to prepare the Income letter using my employers letter for reference, done and dusted by the next afternoon. Then using the letter from the Embassy and a copy of my bank books I went with all the other documents and my wife and got my extension.

British Embassy as well.

I got a letter from my employer, went to the Embassy and asked them to prepare the Income letter using my employers letter for reference, done and dusted by the next afternoon. Then using the letter from the Embassy and a copy of my bank books I went with all the other documents and my wife and got my extension.

British Embassy as well.

Many thanks, for that. One thing though: you mention "got my extension" but I am not looking for a visa. I have a one-year visa; its just the marriage I am looking to complete. Would I need to take Thai bank books to Thai registry office? Am a little confused...

British Embassy as well.

Many thanks, for that. One thing though: you mention "got my extension" but I am not looking for a visa. I have a one-year visa; its just the marriage I am looking to complete. Would I need to take Thai bank books to Thai registry office? Am a little confused...

No bank books are required, you need the original Affirmation to Marry, the Translated and certified Affirmation to Marry, copy of Passport, your wife to be and her ID Card and Copy of Blue book, 2 witnesses and that should do it. You do not have to prove income to the Amphur!!!!

British Embassy as well.

No bank books are required, you need the original Affirmation to Marry, the Translated and certified Affirmation to Marry, copy of Passport, your wife to be and her ID Card and Copy of Blue book, 2 witnesses and that should do it. You do not have to prove income to the Amphur!!!!

Many thanks for your help. Appreciated.