Rental Shop With The New Wave Fi

max005

Hi im looking to try those new Honda Wave FI, for the moment ive been using a Honda Click but i find the wheel a bit to small for my taste. Also i have never driven a semi-auto bike but saw lot of farang with visibly no experience with the bike managing to get trough the city with it anyway. Since a got a little experience on thai road i feel im ready for semi-auto

The reason im looking at the Wave is because i might use it to go to the border next month, if it break on the way i guess it would be alot easier to fix than a automatic scooter

I was also looking at the Honda Airblade but the price i was quoted was almost twice the price of my actual 2500 baht Click. Then there is the yamaha nuovo with the 16 inch wheel but i found no rental shop that carry it soo i have no idea of the price

Electronic start is a plus !

If u guys have any suggestion in the 3000 bath month range feel free to share it !

Edited by max005

I don't know anything about the new wave, but I've done a few bike-trips to the border on a 400cc bike, and would discourage doing

it on a small scooter-like bike; far too dangerous imo, even for an experienced rider. Taking the bus is comfortable, cheap, and fast.

I don't know anything about the new wave, but I've done a few bike-trips to the border on a 400cc bike, and would discourage doing

it on a small scooter-like bike; far too dangerous imo, even for an experienced rider. Taking the bus is comfortable, cheap, and fast.

Agreed 100%. Not only that but will take a seriously long timw on a wave. There's lots of uphill sections both going and coming back. Don't expect to do it in a day both ways lol

Takes about 5 hours each way. Unless you are die-hard about riding, take a night in CR or Mae Sai.

Don't worry about the hills, the ride on the wave is as safe as in a car or big bike.

Agreed 100%. Not only that but will take a seriously long timw on a wave. There's lots of uphill sections both going and coming back. Don't expect to do it in a day both ways lol

Takes about 5 hours each way. Unless you are die-hard about riding, take a night in CR or Mae Sai.

Don't worry about the hills, the ride on the wave is as safe as in a car or big bike.

Sorry CMSteve but I seriously doubt whether anyone will agree with you on a small motorbike being as safe as any car let alone a big one and most big(ger) bikes either. Whichever way you intend to go Max just go easy and please remember that some Thai drivers insist on overtaking on blind corners, do not under any circumstance move out far from the edge on blind corners. The last time I rode up to Chiang Rai that happened in the hills before Mae Kha Chan. Had I been riding in the middle of my lane I would have been hit.

Alright i was thinking the burma border was pretty close but according to u guys bus is the best option. So bus it is !

But i still need a new ride to be independent from those pricey tuk tuk.

If anybody know any rental shop that have recent Wave FI or Yamaha nuovo/Honda airblade for 3000 a month ? I just dont feel like visiting all of them just to see what they have in stock and most of those have no website

Im very happy with the place i rented my Click, but their wave are older non-FI model

Thanks

Edit : I forgot to say that there is no way that ill leave my passport at the shop. Ive not been asked for it yet but i heard some place keep it.

Edited by max005

Really? I've done the trip a couple of times, and to me the roads are just normal roads. If you ride a scooter here, I don't see why going to Mae Sai would be any more dangerous than wherever it is you're riding normally.

Doing it in one day is pretty tough, though, so spending the night in Mae Sai or Chiang Rai is a good plan.

Alright i was thinking the burma border was pretty close but according to u guys bus is the best option. So bus it is !

But i still need a new ride to be independent from those pricey tuk tuk.

If anybody know any rental shop that have recent Wave FI or Yamaha nuovo/Honda airblade for 3000 a month ? I just dont feel like visiting all of them just to see what they have in stock and most of those have no website

Im very happy with the place i rented my Click, but their wave are older non-FI model

Thanks

Edit : I forgot to say that there is no way that ill leave my passport at the shop. Ive not been asked for it yet but i heard some place keep it.

In fact I think most places require either that or a driving license. Even the rental shop run by two Brits require you to leave passports tho the owner assures me they have never misplaced one. I think you might be pushing your luck on 100B a day for a new bikes, even with discounts for monthly contracts. Have a look here http://www.gt-rider.com/motorcycles-in-thailand/renting-big-bikes-in-thailand to get an idea. David (GT-Rider) is probably lurking close by anyway.

I think its the low season, if i managed to rent a 08 click in very good shape for 2500b a month ago (TV suggestion BTW) without leaving my passport i was thinking it would be possible to rent another recent bike for the same price or 500 bath more.

Maybe i got lucky with my bike shop and i should stick with it. The owner have been very helpfull even when i lost my key :whistling:

I just really wanted to try something else.

Edited by max005

At 3000/month, you'll have paid for a new one in just over a year. Why not buy one new? After a couple of years, you'll get at least half your money back making the cost less than 1000B a month. Even if you only kept it for 6 months, I doubt you'd lose 18,000B on it.

At 3000/month, you'll have paid for a new one in just over a year. Why not buy one new? After a couple of years, you'll get at least half your money back making the cost less than 1000B a month. Even if you only kept it for 6 months, I doubt you'd lose 18,000B on it.

Two reason

1. im only there for another month and half

2.I dont want to go trough the hassle of inspecting/buying/registering a bike and then having to find a buyer

But i understand your point, if i were to stay longer ill probably buy

Look like im gonna stick my 2500 baht Click for the rest of my stay. Most place seem to charge 4500-5000 for a bigger scooter