Cnxwood

bhatmasterson

Last year Creative Kingdom, a US-based film production firm, kicked off construction of the Bt20-billion Chiang Mai Movie Town Project, or CNXWood, saying they aim to be a regional hub of film-making. I have not heard anything about this in recent months. Anyone have updated info on the progress this new "Hub?"

Nope..

Some say that it's mostly all plans and investment opportunities, not something that's actually about to kick off in a hurry. I don't know.

What is a fact is that it's been announced roughly every 1-2 years for as long as I can remember, with big articles in the English language press.

If those newspapers print it then clearly it's for real.

The first phase which is moving exiting animation facilities from Kat SuanKaew is almost complete with all staff to be relocated within a month or two.

Most of the land for the project has been acquired. BOI has given approval for many of the companies and projects that will be operating there.

But as has been mentioned, the success of the project and the other phases depend a great deal on getting investments. They have hired a new CEO especially for that purpose. Plans have already been developed for all phases of the project.

It is happening, it is just a matter of how much investment they will get, and how quickly. I would say another 5-20 years to realize the full project.

The first phase which is moving exiting animation facilities from Kat SuanKaew is almost complete with all staff to be relocated within a month or two.

Most of the land for the project has been acquired. BOI has given approval for many of the companies and projects that will be operating there.

But as has been mentioned, the success of the project and the other phases depend a great deal on getting investments. They have hired a new CEO especially for that purpose. Plans have already been developed for all phases of the project.

It is happening, it is just a matter of how much investment they will get, and how quickly. I would say another 5-20 years to realize the full project.

Heard similar thing. Suppose to be in about 3 phases I think. I really hope it does work and succeed. CM need something new.

Do you or anyone know exactly where they will be relocating to??? I know it's going to be somewhere in San Kamphaeng, but I live out there and no one (even managers at some of the banks) know where this super huge parcel of land is located. Is it somewhere down the route 1317 or way out on the "old" San Kamphaeng Road?