Steel Fabricator/Welder

petercallen

Any of the gazillion shops that fabricate iron-work gates and fences. They are as common as 711s.

Surprised you need to ask here.

I have asked in places i have seen but they do not seem interested in on site work

I was asking if anyone could recommend a place not a bashing responce from you :jap:

Any of the gazillion shops that fabricate iron-work gates and fences. They are as common as 711s.

And any of those gazillion shops will do onsite work. They won't speak English though, so you have to speak Thai to get things sorted with them.

And any of those gazillion shops will do onsite work. They won't speak English though, so you have to speak Thai to get things sorted with them.

Is that right, how many jobs have you had done and can you recommend any body instead of bashing

My wife speak perfect Thai and she asks the shops we have approach :jap:

I have asked in places i have seen but they do not seem interested in on site work

I was asking if anyone could recommend a place not a bashing responce from you :jap:

If you think that was a bashing response, then I see you are easily bruised and I will treat you as if you were a fragile blossom in the future.

Oh......and yes they certainly do onsite work, at least I've managed to persuade them to.

Is that right, how many jobs have you had done and can you recommend any body instead of bashing

My wife speak perfect Thai and she asks the shops we have approach :jap:

Bashing, what bashing?

I'll send you a PM with a phonenumber. I'm not sure he is on the island at the moment, but you can check.

If you think that was a bashing response, then I see you are easily bruised and I will treat you as if you were a fragile blossom in the future.

Oh......and yes they certainly do onsite work, at least I've managed to persuade them to.

No i am not easily bruised especially by someone like you SB

I want another small welding job done on site and was quoted 1000 baht for a half hours work

I have found someone else who will do the necessary work for 200/300 Baht once i have the necessary pieces

Unfortunately they do not have the equipment required to do the gate job :jap:

From Rawai go to Chalong circle, do 180 and start go back again. at least 3 shops on left hand. At least one of them speaks english and he has a huge collection of buddha stuff in the backroom. Interesting guy.

Most of them dont want to do a 1000 baht job out of shop as they are few staff, so perhaps telling them you will pay at least 3k baht helps.

From Rawai go to Chalong circle, do 180 and start go back again. at least 3 shops on left hand. At least one of them speaks english and he has a huge collection of buddha stuff in the backroom. Interesting guy.

Most of them dont want to do a 1000 baht job out of shop as they are few staff, so perhaps telling them you will pay at least 3k baht helps.

Thanks for the advice

Bashing, what bashing?

I'll send you a PM with a phonenumber. I'm not sure he is on the island at the moment, but you can check.

Thankyou, much appreciated, he is coming to have a look at the job this evening :)

Reliable, trustworthy guy and does good jobs.

I have hired him quite a few times for different things, never complaints from my side and always very reasonable priced as well.

I want another small welding job done on site and was quoted 1000 baht for a half hours work

I have found someone else who will do the necessary work for 200/300 Baht once i have the necessary pieces

1000 baht for half hours work. i found somebody cheaper but they don't have the gear to do the work. I have a business in the UK doing the work you want i can come and do it for you . Please. I know you want a cheap job what did you do before you come and stayed in Patong the more i look at this site the more i see that to many people over worry about price that they would never get back at home you will all die young from worry. Ok i will do the job for 5000b

1000 baht for half hours work. i found somebody cheaper but they don't have the gear to do the work. I have a business in the UK doing the work you want i can come and do it for you . Please. I know you want a cheap job what did you do before you come and stayed in Patong the more i look at this site the more i see that to many people over worry about price that they would never get back at home you will all die young from worry. Ok i will do the job for 5000b

It seems you know nothing about Thailand, 1000 Baht is 4 days basic wage in Phuket

The job i was talking about is welding 7 spear type points on steel fence

5000 baht, get real, i could buy a welder for that amount and do it myself :clap2:

It seems you know nothing about Thailand, 1000 Baht is 4 days basic wage in Phuket

5000 baht, get real, i could buy a welder for that amount and do it myself :clap2:

You can borrow my welder for free :)

but honestly half hours work and driving and finding bits and maintaining welder, 1000 baht sounds ok to me

If I bring my stuff to the workshop, it costs less tho

and if a welder works on my property for a month with my equipment, we can talk wages, like 400 a day

but honestly half hours work and driving and finding bits and maintaining welder, 1000 baht sounds ok to me

and if a welder works on my property for a month with my equipment, we can talk wages, like 400 a day

It was only a half hours work and i i supply the bits, there were three men in the workshop doing nothing

I have never had to do any maintenance on the 2 welders i owned

I have had a quote which i am happy with for the gate and i asked him to replace the points to

He is doing the job next week

Thanks for the offer of the welder but i would prefer to pay for the job to be done

That way i am not breaking any work laws :)

Aaaaggghhh!

With that attitude, you're lucky people risk their reputations with recommendations to you.

I had the same fear/feeling, so i'm seeing my 'recommendation' later today.

Aaaaggghhh!

With that attitude, you're lucky people risk their reputations with recommendations to you.

What attitude i am entitled to my own opinion and always happy to pay a reasonable price

I do not like the special prices charged to farangs by some people :D

Aaaaggghhh!

I had the same fear/feeling, so i'm seeing my 'recommendation' later today.

Good idea and please report his opinion on the forum

I accepted his price with no hassles, although Mrs PCA thought it was expensive :jap:

Interesting post KBB, You say 1000 baht for 30 minutes work is a fair price.

1000 baht for a 8 hour day works out to 16000 baht or $500 for a 8 hour day

You pay 400 a day which works out to 50 baht a hour

There is little or no maintenance on a electric welder, i will check again but i believe you can buy one in Home PRO for under 6000 baht

Interesting post KBB, You say 1000 baht for 30 minutes work is a fair price.

1000 baht for a 8 hour day works out to 16000 baht or $500 for a 8 hour day

You pay 400 a day which works out to 50 baht a hour

There is little or no maintenance on a electric welder, i will check again but i believe you can buy one in Home PRO for under 6000 baht

Most countries tradesmen or workshops have a minimum charge for work if the job is out of the workshop this is to cover the time and expense of travel not just the time the job takes so surely Thai tradesmen should be entitled to same, in my experience of getting even the most simple job done in Thailand 2 men always turn up i still say 1000baht is a reasonable price but we beg to differ . If you manage to get a cheaper job good luck for you.

Most countries tradesmen or workshops have a minimum charge for work if the job is out of the workshop this is to cover the time and expense of travel not just the time the job takes so surely Thai tradesmen should be entitled to same, in my experience of getting even the most simple job done in Thailand 2 men always turn up i still say 1000baht is a reasonable price but we beg to differ . If you manage to get a cheaper job good luck for you.

Travelling time both ways 10 minutes from the business who quoted me, i hour would easily cover the job and travelling time

Its replacing 7 spear heads on a steel fence

I read a article in the PG recently,Junior doctors were complaining about there pay levels

5 years at university plus internship at a hospital and they get 15000 a month

The people who do the work here are handymen who have the necessary skills not tradesmen

There are not many certified tradesmen here they are mostly people who are self taught

If you charged 4 days basic wage where you come from for a hours work you would not get any work