Rip Froggie

Lobin

Having only seen 2 before in my stay in Thailand, the first squashed on the road and the second i ran over on my bike whilst doing a fair rate of knots in a good direction.

Then today hearing a high pitched screeching noise, which we can only assume was its latest dinner of Sansai tastiest Frog, this one was very close to my leg and made me jump up on the nearest stool like a girl (clean pair of pants for one please!), whilst it bid a hasty retreat into the bushes with the more courageous pet dog chasing closely behind tail furiously wagging trying to get himself some snake pie.

I only got a slight glimpse of it whilst trying to save my skin from almost certain death, LOL! The body was a grey/black/bluey colour and had a thick yellow stripe running down its body, other than that I dont have much information to tell except the wifes mother is outside now trying to hunt it down and banish it from the garden.

Any ideas of what type, so we know what we have and what we can do should the mother in law get bitten in her courageous quest of snakeicide.

Yours faithfully

Scared of Snakes :o

~

The Keelbacks are around a lot right now as they feed primarily on frogs and toads. I have a red-necked one hanging out in my yard and your's could be the stripped variety. Poisonous but not terribly so and not all that bad a temperment. They just want frogs but I wouldn't go running around your yard barefoot in the dark a lot.

Their fangs (not all have them) are in the back of their mouth so they are not so much a striking as a chewing snake. The stripped Keelback is actually more of an olive or brown color and has two distinct yellow stripes along the length of its sides.

If you don't want to kill it and don't mind the smell, make some strong garlic oil and sprinkle it around the perimeter of your yard for a while. I put some of this stuff in my large snake cage as a test and my big snake crammed himself into the opposite corner and would not venture out until I removed the oil...

~

The Keelbacks are around a lot right now as they feed primarily on frogs and toads. I have a red-necked one hanging out in my yard and your's could be the stripped variety. Poisonous but not terribly so and not all that bad a temperment.  They just want frogs but I wouldn't go running around your yard barefoot in the dark a lot.

Their fangs (not all have them) are in the back of their mouth so they are not so much a striking as a chewing snake.  The stripped Keelback is actually more of an olive or brown color and has two distinct yellow stripes along the length of its sides.

If you don't want to kill it and don't mind the smell, make some strong garlic oil and sprinkle it around the perimeter of your yard for a while.  I put some of this stuff in my large snake cage as a test and my big snake crammed himself into the opposite corner and would not venture out until I removed the oil...

Hydos Lime works better........ snakes WELL NOT CROSS a hydros lime perimeter!

For some reason it "Burns the snake"! They touch the lime and head in the opposite direction. We used this in the USA to keep Cottonmouths out of our yards when I was in Maryland.