Welcome To Manchester Uk

bedbugy

Pound coin?

They have pound coins in the UK now?

Will the trolleys accept pound notes?

No, and nor does anybody else, they were phased-out a long time ago. :rolleyes:

I heard that the pound-note wasn't worth the paper it was printed-on, sadly the GEC shows that to have been fairly-true ! :o

Another cheap Charlie ?????:ermm:

It's not about being a cheap charlie, it's the fact that you need to have a pound coin (refundable) to use a baggage trolley when arriving at an international airport, most likely without any local currency. But, in case there are cheap charlies arriving at MAN, there's a big sign as you enter the baggage reclaim hall offering a free chlamydia check :o

Pound coin?

They have pound coins in the UK now?

Will the trolleys accept pound notes?

No, and nor does anybody else, they were phased-out a long time ago. :rolleyes:

I heard that the pound-note wasn't worth the paper it was printed-on, sadly the GEC shows that to have been fairly-true ! :o

That's going to knock the stuffing out of my matress then :realangry:

Also info for anyone flying into Geneva. After you get your luggage and are going through the green Nothing to Declare door there is a bus ticket machine. You get 1.5 hour free travel on the buses. It takes about half an hour to get down town. Handy for the posh lakeside hotels.

Also info for anyone flying into Geneva. After you get your luggage and are going through the green Nothing to Declare door there is a bus ticket machine. You get 1.5 hour free travel on the buses. It takes about half an hour to get down town. Handy for the posh lakeside hotels.

How cool is that a nice welcome to, Florida have people to help you with you bags even get you a trolley,up to you if you tip.RIP OFF BRITAIN

:rolleyes:

That's really not unusual in the U.S. If you arrive at the international terminal and need to transfer to another terminal for another flight...or take a train into whatever city you arrive in you often need to pay either with a credit card or in U,S, cash...cons usually. For that vey reason, right next to where you get the bus or train is a money exchange booth where you can exchange foriegn currency for U.S. currency...including coins.

As a matter of fact I believe that in Athens Greece you need a 1 Euro coin to get a baggage cart for your luggage as it comes off the luggage carousel. The system they use keeps the 1 Euro coin. The coin stays un a lock mechanisim with your luggage trolley. Once you have your luggage in your car or taxi...you take your luggage trolley to a rack near the entrance. When you push the trolley back into the rack, your 1 Euro coin is freed and you can then remove it. If you just leave your luggage trolly outside where you loaded your luggage into your car or taxi without putting it back into the racks...you can't get your 1 Euro coin back. Airport staff come around every now and then, take the luggage trolleys back to the baggage carousel area, push them into the racks there and collect the coins left by those who didn't bother to take their trolleys back to the racks outside. Supposedly the Euro coins collected that way are used to help pay the airport staff, but I always wondered exactly what was to keep the airport staff from pocketing a few Euro coins themselves.

:rolleyes: