• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Western Union

i send my wife money through western union, but i allways say send x amount in baht and then pay the charge whatever it may be on amount i send, should i send money in pounds rather than baht and then would she get a better rate on collectiom rather than me sending x amount of baht, ........you confused ? i am now lol.

I always thought the likes of Western Union/Moneygram etc use their own rates of exchange.

Dont think it matters if you specify an amount of Baht to be sent, instead of Sterling, as their own rates prevail no matter what way you think of doing the transaction

Penkoprod

I used a Fairfx pre paid card that I could load on line with dollars and could be unloaded in any Thai ATM as baht. it was only costing $2 a transaction until the Thai banks put a 150 baht charge on atm withdrawls.

I think its probably still the quickest and easiest ways of doing it. I can sit in my place in Rom Klao and put money from my UK bank account onto the card and then an hour or two later, go down to the atm at 7-11 and have the baht in my grubby little hand.

Western Union is probably one of the most expensive ways to get money across in the world annoyed.gif

yes it is expensive, any ideas of a cheaper way to make transactions, i allways think WOW that cost me x amount of pounds to send that could of been in my pocket or the wifes :(

See my post above (number 4) get a Fairfx card and leave the card with your significant other, then top it up each month on line from where ever you are.

thank i will go to web site now and check it out :) thanks for your help Cobalt60.

See my post above (number 4) get a Fairfx card and leave the card with your significant other, then top it up each month on line from where ever you are.

thank i will go to web site now and check it out :) thanks for your help Cobalt60.

£The FairFX Anywhere Card is the latest addition to the FairFX Prepaid MasterCard® family. Just as the name suggests, use it anywhere - in any country, in any currency and with any vendor displaying the MasterCard® acceptance mark!

It's essentially a FairFX Prepaid MasterCard® in Pounds Sterling, with funds being converted to the appropriate currency at the point of sale. Unlike some of our competitors, we don't mark up the prevailing interbank exchange rate!

• The standard card fee is £9.95 for initial loads under £500
  • A 1.4% charge is made on international or UK point of sale transactions. International ATM withdrawals also incur a £1 charge. UK ATM withdrawals incur a flat £1.50 charge (no additional 1.4%). .........sounds good to me .....thanks again :)