Does Anybody Suggest Me About Music Teacher?

mat7

Hi

I'm Thai, just know this site from my friend. I'd like to ask about foriegn musicians in ChiangRai that can teach.

I have been playing three instruments include classical guitar, piano and violin for ten years and still trying to improve

my skill. Does anybody suggest me some kind of musician above who are living in ChiangRai and need Thai pupil like me?

Kind regards

Hi Mat7. It's always nice to have Thai people on the forum and I hope nobody scares you away.

I'm sorry I don't know of anyone who can help you and unfortuneately we would not be allowed to help because of work permit issues.

Just recently some foreigners were arrested in Chiang Mai for playing music in public.

I hope you are able to continue with your musical studies and if you call into http://www.prataapjai.com/about.html someone might be able to help you.

hope to hear from you again.

Hi mat7. Welcome to the forum.

I was sure I had seen a request in this forum from someone who was looking for others to have some jam sessions but I cannot find it. So, I would advise contacting brahmburgers using the messenger function at the top of your page. He plays some and may well know several others in town who do. You may not be able to get "lessons" from any of them. But if some of them get together to play and you can join them, that may help to pick up some tips and learn some licks. If you have trouble using the messenger function in this forum, then post here about that and I will show you how to do it. I would guess that playing with other knowledgeable people is about as good a learning experience as you could get.

Contact brahmburgers. He knows a lot of stuff and a lot of people. Here is the link to his profile page:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/10297-brahmburgers/

If you can find brahmburgers, then you will probably meet up with another good forum member, chang35baht. He and brahmburgers are pretty tight. I am thinking that where you find one, you will find the other. They are pretty much inseparable, as far as I can tell.

Hi mat7. Welcome to the forum.

I was sure I had seen a request in this forum from someone who was looking for others to have some jam sessions but I cannot find it. So, I would advise contacting brahmburgers using the messenger function at the top of your page. He plays some and may well know several others in town who do. You may not be able to get "lessons" from any of them. But if some of them get together to play and you can join them, that may help to pick up some tips and learn some licks. If you have trouble using the messenger function in this forum, then post here about that and I will show you how to do it. I would guess that playing with other knowledgeable people is about as good a learning experience as you could get.

Contact brahmburgers. He knows a lot of stuff and a lot of people. Here is the link to his profile page:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/10297-brahmburgers/

If you can find brahmburgers, then you will probably meet up with another good forum member, chang35baht. He and brahmburgers are pretty tight. I am thinking that where you find one, you will find the other. They are pretty much inseparable, as far as I can tell.

:shock1::shock1::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Nice one KD

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mean that a farang musician cannot make a few baht playing in a bar on weekends, or by teaching music lesons in their home, for fear of getting arrested for not having a work permit?!

Just ask the ones in Chiangmai who were.

Of course there are some who should be arrested for murdering music but aren't.

Does this mean that a farang musician cannot make a few baht playing in a bar on weekends, or by teaching music lesons in their home, for fear of getting arrested for not having a work permit?!

Just ask the ones in Chiangmai who were.

Of course there are some who should be arrested for murdering music but aren't.

After reading the article, I have given up singing in the shower. Ya never know!