Hard Drive Recovery Service In Chiang Mai?

DocHolliday2006

Just had my laptop die, and while attempting to backup a file from that hard drive, my older backup files were partially overwritten and lost completely when the transfer failed.

So I've got an external hard drive that once held several important files. I'd like to recover those files.

I know some people can recover deleted info off a hard drive. Anyone know if there is anyone in Chiang Mai who can do this? I'm willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks.

A week ago a service guy in the Apple store said I could take my hard drive to a place in CM to get files recovered, it might have been Econ Plaza or something like that. So there are possibilities in CM.

Could you be a bit more clear and more specific, I might be able to give you some advice.

You were backing up a file from an internal hard drive to an external hard drive... how did you attempt the transfer if you're comp had died....?

Or you took out the internal hd and tried backing it up on another comp...? What platform are you using...??

Edited by james24

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun DocHolliday2006,

As Khun James24 said: we need more details about what happened to begin to evaluate your situation:

Name, version of the OS your laptop was running. i.e., Windows XP, Mac OS X, etc.

In the laptop: what type of hard-drive do you have: a typical 2.5 inch, 5400 rpm, drive ?

External hard drive: type/interface (IDE, eSATA, USB).

The exact sequence of what happened ? Exactly where are the files you can't recover now ? How "dead" is your laptop: no power light ? Shows power-light but will not boot the OS ?

And, finally, what hardware do you have now that you can use to try and access the external hard-drive if it has failed, as well as your laptop ?

best, ~o:37;

Note: you may wish to consider moving ... or also posting ... this to the ThaiVisa forum for discussion of computers, where there may be a wider exposure.

d h 2006

re ... Anyone know if there is anyone in Chiang Mai who can do this

this shop is 50 feet inside computer plaza on the right

it was still there and open yesterday

try there ... see green arrow ... good luck .. dave2

post-42592-0-18449400-1306849527_thumb.j

post-42592-0-92480300-1306849562_thumb.j

post-42592-0-06771900-1306849618_thumb.j