Applying For 2 Year Settlement Visa In The Uk

Hi. My Thai wifes 2 year settlement visa is due to run out in a couple of months. Ideally we would apply for ILR, but her English isnt really upto the standard to pass life in the UK test at the moment. So I will have to go with another 2 year settlement visa. She has just passed the English test, so now its time to apply.

I will be applying by post and clearly dont want to make any mistakes with the application, as the cost aint cheap. I plan to use the same sort of documentation as last time. But one thing i'm not sure about is our marriage certificate. We were married in Thailand and have a thai marriage certificate. Our last visa application was made in thailand, so it wasnt really a problem.

Does anyone know if I need to get the marriage certificate translated into English before making the application? I have looked on UK border agency website. But I cannot see anything that says yes or no to this.

Thanks,

Paul

For applications made in the UK, documents not in English or Welsh should be translated.

Include the original and the certified translation.

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if a standard translation is good enough? Or would a legalisation of the document be required?

Thanks

Standard translation with:

details of the translator or translation company's credentials;

confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document; and

the translator or translation company's contact details.

It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company.

Thanks for your help

It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help

My wife just applied For ILR, I wasnt sure if our thai wedding doc neede to be translated so I phoned the UKBA inormation centre and was told if she entered the Uk on a spouse visa you do not need a translation.