Can I Buy An Ergonomic Seat Cushion In Phuket?

scottydel

Hi,

I'm a 37-year-old American living in Krabi Town. I've been living here on and off for six years, I'm pretty sure Krabi Town is too small to carry such an obscure thing. I don't know where to begin looking around here. But I thought big ole Phuket might be developed enough to have ergonomic seat cushions.

I'm looking for an ergonomic seat cushion to help my bruised tailbone. Specifically it's a cushion that is shaped like a fat letter "U", which leaves an opening where the tailbone rests so as to alleviate pressure on the tailbone while sitting down.

I can find what I'm looking for online through Amazon.com, though shipping/import costs were $80, and the cushion is only $20, so I've decided to look for a local solution.

Pretty random thing to ask about on a Thailand forum, but I'm not sure where else to turn, so I thought some of the Living in Thailand Pros might be able to lend a hand.

If anyone could recommend an alternative to Amazon.com that is based in Thailand that might help cut down on shipping costs that would be just as helpful.

Thanks,

Scott

scottydel

You have my sympathy. Takes a while before you can get out of a chair without thinking long & hard about it... Two of us at work did it at the one time. You could tell who we were - the ones sitting backwards leaning on the back of the chair and taking ages with lots of groaning to get going.

Do you not have a significant other who is handy with needle & thread? Get an ordinary pillow, chop out the bit not wanted, stitch it up. Even better with an overlocker.

• 3 weeks later...

scottydel

You have my sympathy. Takes a while before you can get out of a chair without thinking long & hard about it... Two of us at work did it at the one time. You could tell who we were - the ones sitting backwards leaning on the back of the chair and taking ages with lots of groaning to get going.

Do you not have a significant other who is handy with needle & thread? Get an ordinary pillow, chop out the bit not wanted, stitch it up. Even better with an overlocker.

MissChris,

I do in fact have a sig. other who is handy with a needle and thread. All I needed was a little thinking out of the box! Thank you for doing it for me :) Just saw some sturdy-ish square cushions at Big C the other day....will take your advice. We live in a two-story house and if I had a baht for every time I went upstairs and realized I left the cushion downstairs...