Chineese Type Wind Chimes

gennisis

After 'goggling' wind chimes I just didnt know how expensive they could be.

Wind Chimes 'tuned' to produce melodies...gregorian chants...amazing grace.......

made to suit the 'harmony' of your house....baritone...soprano....temple drums....

Manufactured from 'tuned'tubes of metal,wood,ceramic etc etc.

And all I wanted was a pleasing 'tinkle'.....and the prices !!! Can you imagine paying $400 for one??

Guess I can do without

Wind Chimes 'tuned' to produce melodies...gregorian chants...amazing grace.......

made to suit the 'harmony' of your house....baritone...soprano....temple drums....

And all I wanted was a pleasing 'tinkle'.....and the prices !!! Can you imagine paying $400 for one??

Guess I can do without

Seen the metal types you refer to at Sanpatong Cow Market on a Saturday and I seem to recall seeing them at the Sunday street market once or twice. Good luck in your search.

There used to be a place at the Night Bazaar (on main street)- bottom of steps of main Night Bazaar building near Tourist police booth. It was definitely there a couple of months ago but not sure now.

The ones with the longest tubes usualy sell for about 300 baht.

In Mae Sai they average about 250 baht for the ling ones.

At the hotsprings on hiway 118 they asked 650 baht from me :)

Guess I can do without

Indeed some can cost $400.00 or more, but probably not in C.M. I have a set made of solid brass that are all tuned. They were a gift and were in that price range.

I see them all over here but but have not paid much attention to them. I don't think they are very expensive at all.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gennisis,

Yes, have seen many shops with wind-chimes ... in a variety of materials: ceramic, metal, wood ... in Kam Tian Market, which is the one to the side, and back, of the Tesco Lotus on the Superhighway (first ring road). ... as of six months ago ... you may need to cruise around that market to find them, however. Would be extremely surprised if you don't find several shops carrying them now.

best, ~o:37;

There is a little man that sells them at the rear of the big 7 day a week market in Sanpatong, the market located behind the seven eleven shop.

He has one of those open fronted shops that sell hardware, tools and so on. You will see the wind chimes hanging up at the front.

These are the real deal large wind chimes (if you like big ones that is, I know I do) and he sells them for 220 baht. Bought 4 myself from him over the last couple of years, because I prefer the constant ringing in my ears from having to listen to the irritating voice of my girlfriend.

Oh yes, almost forgot, he also sells some beautiful ceremonial ornamental swords that fit into wooden patterned sleeves. If you’re into that sort of thing, that is.

Edited by Beetlejuice